Quantcast

Photo

Do you hate the new school year yet?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:12 PM

My grandmother didn't even start college til after 40 and ended up double majoring in teaching and some smart people crap like math.

I felt so pressed for time you know? because I'm still young and I have to take advantage of it and all that stuff. 

But I mean if people are doing it in their 40's even. Maybe I shouldn't be stressing myself out about it so much. 

#27 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

I felt so pressed for time you know? because I'm still young and I have to take advantage of it and all that stuff. 

But I mean if people are doing it in their 40's even. Maybe I shouldn't be stressing myself out about it so much. 

Absolutely :) At my University, it's not at all strange to see people in their 30s and 40s starting their undergrad. Due to their circumstances in life, a lot of them were unable to dedicate time to study for whatever reason - money, domestic problems, personal problems. They are so proud to be at University now, and they have life experience that the tiny 18 year old tots don't have. It's such a pleasure talking to them, because they can offer really good advice for the working world, and life in general as they've experienced so much already. It's incredibly admirable for them to be there too, as they all work full-time, and have families by now. I used to think people were all done with University by the time their were in their mid-twenties. Seeing these brave students was such an eye-opening experience.

I'm 28 and I'm the youngest in my MSc.. Everyone else is 30s-60s, yes 60s! And let me tell you, it sucks because they have so much more knowledge and experience than I do, and we're graded on the Bell Curve so I cannot catch a break :p But it's been amazing, I've learnt so much from them that I wouldn't have if I was surrounded with other young'uns like myself.

Don't stress about it :) Education is not restricted to the young. As well, it's highly doubtful that anyone's even going to ask you your age, if you were feeling self-conscious about that. Everyone will just be trying to make it out of the programme in one piece :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users