Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:24 AM

Has anyone pmed him?

#277 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

I did, but he hasn't read it. I think a few others pmed him as well. Swarley seems to have been able to get in touch with him I think.

#278 Legituser

Legituser
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 11:37 PM

Are we allowed to ask questions like: "does the objective involve any of the following: X, Y, Z?" ?

#279 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:02 AM

Are we allowed to ask questions like: "does the objective involve any of the following: X, Y, Z?" ?

yes, but he will likely respond with "yes" or "no", rather than narrowing it down... or simply not at all since that is what he has been doing lately. :p

#280 Legituser

Legituser
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:07 AM

Yeah but even if we ask 5 to 10 subjects at once we can start to narrow it down and get information a lot quicker.

Let me take a different problem and explain why I think that. If I guess a number between 1 and 100 and you guess what it is and I say higher, lower or you guessed it. The best guess is one that provides the most information at once, the average of the current range: which would be 50. Every single time you ask the average you take away half the posibilities. I forget but I think the maximum number of guesses for it is 8 or 9 before coming to the right answer when using that strategy. If you instead choose 1 and just keep adding 1 to your guess it will average you 50 steps.

I think this logic is very applicable and useful here even if we can't quantify the possibilites of what the goal is.

If anyone agrees or disagrees please share(especially if you provide reasons why, but not required).

Edited by Legituser, 16 September 2016 - 12:19 AM.

#281 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:02 AM

Will quoting all of the instances where you said 'yes' to a person help achieve the objective?

#282 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 September 2016 - 09:18 PM

It's been over 3 days since the last question @Trickster. Good game I suppose sir.

#283 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:04 PM

did anyone ever win? or is the winner @Trickster?

#284 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:17 AM

Is Kelvin alive?

#285 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

Is Kelvin alive?

I can attest to the fact that he indeed is very much alive!!!

#286 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:57 PM

Is Kelvin alive?

He's posted a few times vaguely mentioning avoiding drama online. Not completely certain whether it's related to this thread or not.

#287 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 02:46 PM

He's posted a few times vaguely mentioning avoiding drama online. Not completely certain whether it's related to this thread or not.

I didn't see any drama in our thread, so I would hope it's not a result of us. He is actively avoiding us from what I can tell (I see you, Trickster). I hope he wasn't feeling uncomfortably pressured into giving away his stuff. They're his items/accounts after all, and there's nothing wrong with deciding that he still wants to hold onto them.

(Well there was some drama, but not enough to drive him into hiding I would hope)

#288 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

I'd just like to mention that the puzzle is still active according to @Kelvin

http://www.neocodex....-3#entry1996201

http://www.neocodex....-3#entry1996205

#289 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

No.

#290 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 04:43 PM

No.

Same.

#291 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

@Kelvin could someone still win this?

#292 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:24 PM

@Kelvin could someone still win this?

I'm assuming it's a yes. He hasn't checked this thread in a while though, you have better luck asking about the puzzle in his AMA thread.

#293 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

seems we made much ado about nothing.

#294 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

sign_neovia.gif

Hey. How are you doing? My name is Kelvin. What's yours? Shut up, I don't really care. Instead, let me say a few things about myself: I am a natural game maker, my favorite ice cream flavor is green tea, I like making puzzles where your stupidity is pitted against my genius (read as: poorly oiled hamster wheel).

THE Ultimate PUZZLE

Okay. The Ultimate Puzzle Challenge. I have come up with the most diabolical puzzle challenge that will make you really make you think. It will function in the same interactive style as to all the previous puzzle challenges, except this time, you start off with absolutely nothing. Yes, nothing. No diagrams, no hints, no objective. And starting from nothing, you must solve this puzzle. Oh and you potentially have an infinite amount of time to solve this. "Potentially" as in you'll need help. Chances are no one can solve this alone. Actually, it is impossible to do this alone. Work together and work each other. Knowing you no-potential layabouts who hate asking people for help, you will especially struggle. Good for you! You get another challenge on your hands. Isn't that spiffy?

PRIZES

Before I go into the rules, I might as well tell you what will make all this worth it. First of all, the very nature of this puzzle will enhance your investigative, deductive reasoning, and critical thinking skills. Isn't it nice to think that everyone who participates in this puzzle is a winner in that regard?

Well, time to cut the crap. The real prize is a choice between a minimum of a 10 USD transferred through PayPal (keep the word minimum in mind) AND my entire collection of Neopets accounts. The highlights below does not include the unbuyable rares and useful hoards like codestones, neggs, and rare NC items. I don't bother checking because Neopets is not worth the bother to check. I'm that serious and you should be as well.

The winner will receive the logins/pins/bdays/etc of several accounts that contains at least:

• 1 Duped Super Attack Pea
  • 1 Duped MSPP
  • 12 Million Pure Neopoints
  • 50 Million Neopoints worth in ETS, excludes the aforementioned SuAP and MSPP
  • Level 100+ VWN, 500+ HSD BD Pet, Trainable, hand-trained by myself
  • Level 150+ VWN, 900+ HSD BD Pet, Trainable, hand-trained by myself
  • 2500+ Unused Gold Keyquest Keys
  • 200,000 worth of NeoCash used in Items (not based on their stupid NC Value system)
  • 100+ unopened Gift Box Capsules from the most recent Spring Clearance Sale.
  • I will answer any 3 questions you may have concerning Neopets in as much detail as you request, given that such information was not posted by someone else in the Private Subforum and up.

THE RULES

1. To win, you must discover the objective and complete it. If someone accomplishes it by accident, let it be. They win.
2. I must reply to all YES/NO questions I see posted in this thread at the time of my viewing with one word replies:

YES, if the solution to your YES/NO question is always a YES.

YES, if the solution to your YES/NO question is possibly a YES, even by near impossible margins or through unforeseen and foreseeable loopholes and there is a perspective where it may be a no.
NO, if the solution to your YES/NO question is always a NO.
REPHRASE, if your YES/NO question isn't understood by me or requires clarification before being answered.

3. I am allowed to ignore the subsequent YES/NO questions from one user if they ask more than one question of that type before allowing another person to ask theirs.
4. You can ask any type of questions as well, but I'm not obligated to answer them. You can also chat with me and everyone here.
5. If you catch me lying at any point regarding a response to a question and provide an explanation and proof correctly defining my lie using evidence purely found in this thread, then you automatically win the prize and the puzzle ends without needing to find the solution. I can't lie to you.
6. This puzzle ends with no winner if three days passed after the last YES/NO question has been asked.
7. You may purchase straightforward clues through Paypal for 5 USD each and it will be given through PM. These clues will be unique to the buyer and will not be shared to any other buyer. After purchasing a clue, the buyer can ask any questions of any format concerning the clue in the PM and I will answer every single one of the to the level of detail requested. All the money received from selling clues will be added to the money prize lot. PM me if you are interested.

GOOD LUCK

meteor_shower.gif

You don't need it.

I noticed how you gave stated that there would be a choice between two prizes however you only listed one prize (paypal AND neopets account). Kind of funny how there's nothing listed as your second prize  :sorry:

Did you intentionally avoid stating the second prize. YES or NO.

Edited by Swim, 26 November 2016 - 05:44 PM.

#295 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

I noticed how you gave stated that there would be a choice between two prizes however you only listed one prize (paypal AND neopets account). Kind of funny how there's nothing listed as your second prize  :sorry:

Did you intentionally avoid stating the second prize. YES or NO.

nothing

#296 Orochimaru

Orochimaru
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

Is there an answer?

#297 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:41 PM

@Keil

Did this die?

#298 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

@Kaddict

No one solved it.

Go ahead and solve it even though I already posted the answer somewhere. I'll still give the prize just for attentiveness, at least.

#299 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

damn. I wish I was more attentive. I figured it had something to do with spelling/grammatical errors in the first post. I came up with "Make you with a and do" from which I figured the answer was nothing (since you make much ado about nothing). I literally only remember that since I wrote in on my profile as a note. I then I remembered about it when I saw your customization contest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users