Photo

Neopets is about dead nowadays.

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Cylus

Cylus
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

Haven't played in a few years. Been back maybe a week or so and geesh. I posted a neoboard thread 2 days ago, and it's still on the front page.

Is anyone still a serious player anymore?

#2 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

Which board? There's definitely less players, but the playerbase isn't exactly THAT tiny. I think certain boards are just absolutely dead. Things like Newbies/Pound Chat/Trading still move pretty fast.

#3 Cylus

Cylus
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

Don't seem as populated as it was a few years ago. Every time I'd quit an come back, always seemed about the same. Not this time though. Usually items I Ab an put in shop go pretty quickly. All 60 items have been sitting there for 5 days an haven't sold a single thing. Depressing.

That's what I figured Ortin. So, Stamps is the demand now I'm guessing? Seems everyone has them or wants them. MP's don't seem to sell very quickly anymore either.

Must say, I am snatching more main shop items now that the population has decreased it seems.

Edited by Cylus, 02 September 2016 - 07:35 PM.

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Nah not since I lost my main in the AC.

I jumped ship and went back to Aywas and Flight Rising tbh

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:15 PM

Lack of events, incompetent staff, dead fanbase... Yeah, I say dead is a good way to describe it. Ever since Jumpstart took over, the site's just not that fun anymore (And it wasn't even that fun under Viacom).

I just use Furvilla and Flight Rising now. I'm just letting my Neopets newbie accounts age since I lost my mains in the AC.

#6 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:14 AM

I am bored with it. There isn't much to do anymore and SO much inactivity all around the place. It's a bit sad really.

#7 Dewgong

Dewgong
  • 221 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

It is.. I just go on to collect my daily interest and maybe do dailies if I'm bored.

Other than that, nothing too much going on.

#8 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

Don't seem as populated as it was a few years ago. Every time I'd quit an come back, always seemed about the same. Not this time though. Usually items I Ab an put in shop go pretty quickly. All 60 items have been sitting there for 5 days an haven't sold a single thing. Depressing.

That's what I figured Ortin. So, Stamps is the demand now I'm guessing? Seems everyone has them or wants them. MP's don't seem to sell very quickly anymore either.

Must say, I am snatching more main shop items now that the population has decreased it seems.

Stamps are much harder to move than they used to be, especially high value ones. Ive been marking mine down 20%+ of the ones on the TP that are already marked down from the database price. Im sure the big dupe phase that happened also isnt helping, its hard to know what high value items are legitimate or duped. But its painful to finally get a good autobuy of a multi million NP stamp know that your going to be lucky to get 1/3 of its value when in the past you could get nearly the whole price for it.

#9 ib2ownyy

ib2ownyy
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 06:49 PM

no one takes it serious except kids ive noticed, they are jsut now catchign on

#10 Audax

Audax
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:29 AM

I think since JS, the site itself has lost a lot of active players. It's just not engaging enough anymore.

Besides, there is nothing motivating you to do better in the game... unless you're a diehard fan already.

#11 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:43 AM

there's nothing to do anymore, i just collect my bank interest and do my dailies and then find myself logging off right after....

I loved neopets because of the battledome, and it's broken and dead now, and why can't they just fix defenders of neopia!! I want those easy bd trophies :/

#12 smh

smh
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 10:18 PM

It's certainly not as dead as other sites. I do find myself totally bored with it however. Came on to log in to my accounts to avoid any purges and idk? The captchas are enough for me to say "nvm"

#13 smashie90

smashie90
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 08:14 AM

It's certainly not as dead as other sites. I do find myself totally bored with it however. Came on to log in to my accounts to avoid any purges and idk? The captchas are enough for me to say "nvm"

The captchas are extremely annoying. Why the hell did they start doing that anyway?

#14 Legituser

Legituser
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:40 PM

My theory is they are doing it to slow down the rate at which people steal accounts. They could have more efficent ways to do it like having any account that hasnt changed password in x amount of time or accounts that have been inactive for y amount of time to simply not show up in searches or lookups

#15 JSentinel

JSentinel
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:19 PM

This is sad, I've also come back after a really long time, and found that neopets has slowed down immensely. Back when I stopped playing, the trading post would being moving so fast, I wouldn't be able to see the same lot when I refreshed the page. I guess I'm back for the nostalgia, but a little bit for my little cousins who just found out about Neo. Gonna make them happy with a bit extra NP and whatever they wish for ;) 

#16 smashie90

smashie90
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:46 AM

Before, people would use bots to scrape ludicrous amounts of data through user lookups and galleries and whatnot to determine which accounts to steal. This took a hit to the servers, similar to a DDoS attack, and it got way worse around the time of Altador Cup. TNT finally did something about it, which is the captchas.

Ah makes sense then. Thanks for the explanation.

#17 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:52 AM

I go on it every day still. I collect my interest and still try and do my battledome fights for the items and boons. I sell items occasionally in my shop, but I don't really play games anymore. I had premium so I was just selling nerkmids to get more nps.

#18 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:16 PM

If yal notice, they don't even put "player online: (number here)" anymore. Is it cause they're ashamed? I remember when the number was 40k+ at any given time, now they're lucky if they cap 8k+. 

#19 Yessie

Yessie
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, the removal of the player count is something I defiantly notice too. Has to be less than a 1k users on time nowadays.

#20 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

And in ye old neopets times, neopets once on average had more hits than Google did.

#21 kiuarthur

kiuarthur
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:03 AM

one thing that makes me feel like neopets is dead

is when u go to the trading post before

by the time u finish viewing the newest 20, theres already much more trading posts

now however there isnt even that much trading going on anymore

#22 avalanche

avalanche
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:28 PM

hope springs eternal!

#23 tentacleness

tentacleness
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 12:50 AM

I remember the days when it was a struggle keeping up with the new boards on Av Chat. That's how you know the site is dead when that board is now really slow.

#24 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

I remember the days when it was a struggle keeping up with the new boards on Av Chat. That's how you know the site is dead when that board is now really slow.

10+ years ago, it was either learn to type fast on the Neoboards, or be left behind. This is why I'm such a fast typer now. Habit never died. 

#25 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:14 AM

apparently a war might be coming soon for the battledome!! this will definitely invigorate neopets a bit, and start buying your weapons now, weapon prices are already inflating. I am really excited if there is a war not only because I primarily use to play neopets for the battledome, but because my pets HP+Strength+defense  is over 2000 now (thanks to the birthday cupcake everyday glitch)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users