• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:37 AM

I just started this, it's on Netflix, and I'm not even slightly disappointed. I had no expectations. It's really, really good so far. Without giving too much away, basically, the show is about two magicians in an alternate reality, after a time that magic has long disappeared from England. It's based on a book by Susanna Clarke. Now I will be buying the book to check it out.

#2 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:56 AM

Is it the BBC thing? I watched a bit of it last year if so.

Read the book yeaaars ago.

#3 Ehentalix

Ehentalix
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this member!

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2016 - 05:52 AM

The book is fantastic. I'm a bit iffy about watching a TV series based on a book, after the "adaptations" I've seen *cough*GoT*cough* *cough*Legend of the Seeker*cough*

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Is it the BBC thing? I watched a bit of it last year if so.

Read the book yeaaars ago.

Yes. It's a BBC show. Baldman and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So now I'll buy the book, ignore it for a year or so, and then eventually read it when I have time lol.

The book is fantastic. I'm a bit iffy about watching a TV series based on a book, after the "adaptations" I've seen *cough*GoT*cough* *cough*Legend of the Seeker*cough*

I really liked it. But I've never read the book. I think when watching adaptations we need to open ourselves up a bit, because there will always be different interpretations of characters and ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users