Quantcast

What is the most absurd thing you've witnessed someone doing for free food?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:29 PM

Regardless of where, and when, what stunts have you seen someone pulling for free food at an event, restaurant, or otherwise? 

Long stories short. 

For context sake, my mom is a teacher. Someone once invited their entire extended family, and friends. to a class function where the students were provided lunch. The kid didn't even know half the people who showed up. Chaperones were allowed the free lunch as well. It wasn't pretty. 

Another time, I was at applebees with a friend who claimed racism from our waitress, just because she gave us our check a little early. Tried to get a free meal, and another free meal to take home. It was absolutely embarrassing.

#2 brokentrustee

brokentrustee
  • 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

That's a crazy friend... I've had friends freak out about their meal saying it wasn't done right, or wasn't good to try to get free food. Never heard the racism thing though because they brought a check early. Crazy stuff, 

#3 vscotto

vscotto
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:41 AM

My dad owns a restaurant and I remember while working there as a waiter, someone wanted to show me some "sick dance moves" for free food. He was dead serious as he showed me a preview. Granted they were sick, but they weren't worth free food!

#4 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 September 2016 - 08:11 AM

That's a crazy friend... I've had friends freak out about their meal saying it wasn't done right, or wasn't good to try to get free food. Never heard the racism thing though because they brought a check early. Crazy stuff, 

They were... Pretty crazy in that regard. If there was someone non white working. They'd shout out about racism and try to get free food. 

My dad owns a restaurant and I remember while working there as a waiter, someone wanted to show me some "sick dance moves" for free food. He was dead serious as he showed me a preview. Granted they were sick, but they weren't worth free food!

Oh my god, should just get a sign that says "Will dance for food."

#5 Audax

Audax
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:33 AM

I watched a Youtube video that came up thanks to Youtube's suggestions. A guy goes into a McDonald's drive-thru, asks for a cup of water, and then goes forward to the pick-up aisle and waits until they hand him the next guy's food... then drives off. It's pretty ridiculous for a fast food meal.

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

I watched a Youtube video that came up thanks to Youtube's suggestions. A guy goes into a McDonald's drive-thru, asks for a cup of water, and then goes forward to the pick-up aisle and waits until they hand him the next guy's food... then drives off. It's pretty ridiculous for a fast food meal.

What the fuck? That's really messed up, that's straight up theft.

#7 Honchkrow

Honchkrow
  • 908 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:06 AM

Nothing extreme like you guys, but one of my friends used to eat from your food with his used utensil then tell you that hes sick. 

Then theres this guy (large and long image):

Spoiler

#8 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 September 2016 - 07:17 AM

Nothing extreme like you guys, but one of my friends used to eat from your food with his used utensil then tell you that hes sick. 

Then theres this guy (large and long image):

Spoiler

That's absolutely disgusting. 

Seriously, playing on the emotions of other people for free food. What the fuck is wrong with people?

#9 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

Ctrl + 'F' "Suck".

Alright, things are better here than I thought.  

#10 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:18 PM

That's absolutely disgusting.

Seriously, playing on the emotions of other people for free food. What the fuck is wrong with people?

It's not like he emotionally abused any of them. Just had a little fun.

#11 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:31 PM

One time I was picking up a catering in an office and I guess some of the professors there either didn't know about the catering or wasn't invited to it. They decided before they'd let me take it they'd physically grab the food with their bare hands and run off back to their office with it.

#12 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

When I used to work in a retail bakery, we had someone come back in complaining that a piece of a glove was in their food. It was a different colour to the gloves we used and it was obvious they'd put it in themselves.

#13 Ubermensch

Ubermensch
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

I once saw a guy rugby tackle a swan.

#14 N00dle

N00dle
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

Setting: "Asian" buffet style restaurant in southern US.

I'm a young teen sitting with my family. I watch a man seated at the table across from us stick his hand in his mouth, force a vomit, and then pitch a fit claiming the food made him sick and demanded a refund and fresh made food.

It was fascinating to watch and utterly disgusting.

#15 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:51 AM

Setting: "Asian" buffet style restaurant in southern US.

I'm a young teen sitting with my family. I watch a man seated at the table across from us stick his hand in his mouth, force a vomit, and then pitch a fit claiming the food made him sick and demanded a refund and fresh made food.

It was fascinating to watch and utterly disgusting.

Oh my god. I think that one takes the cake. 

Everyone who barfed at buffets always did it in the bathroom to make room for more. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users