Quantcast

Photo

9 Months and counting! Baby in the making!

preggers first time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
346 replies to this topic

#201 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:46 PM

Aww, you look fantastic, @VooDoo! I can't believe we've been along for the entire ride so far, it's been amazing reading the updates through the thread :) Time is just flying by! Kyra Jade is such a pretty name and I love it! Even though I know nothing of the anime origins :p I hope the pain part stops soon so that you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

#202 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

The pain part is here to stay, until at least 2 weeks after Kyra is born. The Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction would not be a dysfunction if it happened at the normal time, a week before labor starts typically. Since I have it now... it's here to stay! So, when I go into labor, that part won't be so bad since I have been living with it for a while now and are desensitized to it somewhat. And thanks! I really appreciate everyone coming along my journey with me on here! I was hoping people would be interested in it with me.

Tomorrow is my next appointment, no ultrasound but I hope I get to schedule one super soon! I want more pictures! The last ones were pretty crappy. 

#203 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

So, my baby shower decorations came in today! They are amazing, better than I thought they would be!

Next ultrasound will be March 3, the day before the baby shower! So I will have baby feet and hands and cute baby pics to show off!

I ordered my personalized baby shower guest book!

Heard baby girl's heart beat today, 145 and strong!

Next appointment is March 8 but I have to do the glucose test the 24th of this month. Ugh! Not looking forward to it!

#204 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

So my best friend Kelsey is making me this!

Spoiler

My best friend Traci is making me this!

Spoiler

I am so happy for talented best friends lol!

#205 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

So my best friend Kelsey is making me this!

Spoiler

My best friend Traci is making me this!

Spoiler

I am so happy for talented best friends lol!

Those are SO cute :) A girl I know makes things like that. It's really cool!

#206 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Yeah it's definitely a talent I don't have. I get bored easily so I would get bored so fast!

#207 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

So, we figured out that we will do pizza for the baby shower, have a veggie tray and some chips and other snacks.

We will buy like 6 two-liters. Have a styrofoam cooler full of ice!

Cupcakes with whipped cream frosting (not just whipped frosting)

We have games planned: 
(1) guess the number of candies in the baby bottle.
(2) find the clothes pins in the rice, but the catch is, there will be 10 blue and 10 pink in the rice so who ever picks out more pink pins while blind folded will win.
The clothes pins we are using
Spoiler
(3) Guess who bought what outfits. We will have two groups to play, each group will have a pile of baby clothes to sort through, and as a group decide who bought which outfit, nanna or mom-to-be. My outfits will have 1 of 5 letters written on the tags so I know they are my clothes, and nanna will have her own 5 letters, but each of her outfits will have 1 of the 5 letters written on the tags. SO there's no way to figure out which letters belongs to momma or me. The reason we have to do the letters is because some of our outfits look alike so it's just easier to tell the difference.
(4) Nursery rhyme fill in the blank!

We're going to do the name reveal when pizza is delivered and before we start to eat. I purchased a onesie that has Kyra Jade's name on it and I am going to frame it in a picture frame, then wrap it up. So before we eat, I will unwrap it and reveal it to everyone, and then daddy will pull down our big banner with her name on it as well!

So, the day will start off with some mingling and just snacking, talking and having some fun.
Then we will do the reveal once the pizza arrives
Then we will eat
Then we will play some games
Then we will open gifts

I am excited! I have prizes for everyone as well who wins the games! And then the Key chains to give as party favors.

Sometimes I really hate one of my dogs! I came home today with my corsage chewed up all over the floor. It was packed in the box that is holding all of the baby shower decorations. A friend made it for me and she is not able to re-make it in time for the shower since she is out of town for a week on business.

Spoiler

#208 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I hope the ultra sound went well! I also hope you had an AMAZING time at the baby shower! I feel so hip that I knew the name before the reveal at the shower :p

Hope things are going well! Post pictures! <3!

#209 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:20 PM

Pictures from the ultrasound and the baby shower.

Spoiler

I passed my glucose test! Yay for me! Baby shower was a success. We got so many totally adorable outfits and a lot of things we needed! Plus some gift cards and money which is always nice! My sister bought us the exact baby bouncer I wanted and she is getting us the matching swing as well! 

My two best friends Amber and Traci from Toledo, Ohio drove down to be at our shower, and Amber's mom came with them! 

I am super exhausted though! Midterms and planning baby shower all at the same time took all my energy! So, our house if filled with all the gift bags ad dishes aren't done and laundry needs to be folded... but I am taking today and relaxing. After our baby shower yesterday, I went with Traci, Amber and her mom to Nashville, we stayed at a nice hotel and went swimming, but before swimming, we went to the Opryland mall! I was a champ, because I had pinched sciatic nerves on both sides plus my SPD, so I was in a lot of pain and discomfort but Traci had never been to Nashville and I didn't want to ruin her experience. I am glad she had fun and got to do everything she wanted to! Plus, we had an amazing dinner! Of course I ordered onion rings!

2uei5qo.jpg

#210 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:34 PM

That sounds like it was an amazing time and how cool that friends drove down from Ohio!

Nashville is such a fun city! I went for a solo vacation there in 2013. I didn't have a car so I did a lot of walking and busses. I somehow walked across a major road that I probably shouldn't have and a few other random privates and ended up at the Opryland lol 

A+ on the onion rings :D

#211 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, Nashville is pretty fun! I love onion rings. The strongest craving I have while pregnant too!

#212 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:48 AM

Baby showers seem like a lot of fun! It's not really a thing here where I live, which is a shame.

I'm glad you and the baby are doing well :)

#213 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

The pain part is here to stay, until at least 2 weeks after Kyra is born. The Symphysis Pubic Dysfunction would not be a dysfunction if it happened at the normal time, a week before labor starts typically. Since I have it now... it's here to stay! So, when I go into labor, that part won't be so bad since I have been living with it for a while now and are desensitized to it somewhat. And thanks! I really appreciate everyone coming along my journey with me on here! I was hoping people would be interested in it with me.

Tomorrow is my next appointment, no ultrasound but I hope I get to schedule one super soon! I want more pictures! The last ones were pretty crappy. 

I can't remember if I said this earlier, but remember to remind the doctor who shares your birthing experience. If your thighs get pulled too far apart or propped wrong while delivering, it'll make your recovery harder.

#214 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

I am so so glad we don't really do baby showers here.

Pinched sciatic nerves are hell.

#215 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:49 AM

@Ali yes they are! The one on my left side went away after one night of sleep, the right one is fighting still! But it's not as bad!

I had my OB app this Wednesday and doc says Kyra has stopped growing so fast so I should not worry about having too big of a baby. So C-section is now out of the picture unless something happens during delivery that complicates natural birth. She is now on the smaller side for her "age" but not too small. Healthy small. Only 31% of babies her "age" are smaller than her. Doc says her heart rate is perfect and doc could see her moving when checking her heart rate. She was like, "wow, we have a mover!" and I was like yup, constantly moving. I love feeling her move. 

She woke me up today around 5:30am just a moving like crazy. I had my hand and arm hugging my belly so I could feel her moving from the outside as well as the inside. I really am addicted. One of these days, I want to catch a video of her moving to share with family. She always stops when I get the camera rolling. It's like she knows!

I am now being seen every 2 weeks which excited me. It means time is flying by! I will be 30 weeks on Monday!

#216 mrfloyd

mrfloyd
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:10 PM

Congratulations on your baby!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Also, Kyra is such a cute name. It reminds me of Kira from Orphan Black - which is a super cute child as well!

I hope everything goes okay and smoothly in your delivery!! 

#217 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Thank you so much @graawn I appreciate it! Yeah, we also liked the name from Deathnote, but spelled it with a Y to make it different than the anime spellings lol. Plus, our Kyra is a girl, and Kira from Deathnote is male.

#218 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

I love reading these posts! So excited for you. Glad your ultrasound went well. Kyra, you better get moving when mom is filming. We want to see! :p

#219 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:00 AM

So, I thought I would share my midterm grades here since going to school while pregnant is not easy! I am very proud of how hard I have worked and it shows!

Midterm grades:
Bio-Lecture - 90% (Thank you attendance)
Bio-Lab - 97%
Sensory - 92%
Gangs - 95%
Forensics - 100%
Public Management - 92%

Straight A's!

#220 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

Oh my god the name Kyra tho.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

#221 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:45 AM

Awww thanks! :) Yeah, we love it too!

#222 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:59 PM

I can never focus on school work. Maybe I should get pregnant. That might help my marks...

#223 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:10 PM

Psh! lol Don't do it! ;) I don't know how I am managing A's in my classes because I am a doof sometimes. It definitely makes me work harder to remember things otherwise, pregnancy brain takes over!

#224 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Yay all A's! Keep up the good work!

#225 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

Thanks! I plan to! I hope she is learning something too lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users