• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:47 PM

Post your thoughts during the debate!

Did anyone else notice Trump is shouting?

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 05:56 PM

This is sickening lol

#3 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:04 PM

"I say nothing. I say nothing."

#4 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:11 PM

The moderator is repeatedly being taken advantage by Trump. He clarifies things, and then Trump uses that to make his point and do another sales pitch directly to the masses once again. And he, basically lets it happen, again and again lol.

#5 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:19 PM

This is hard to watch lol

#6 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:23 PM

One of these lunatics is going to be the new leader of the free world. Where can I sign up to be not part of the free world?

#7 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:30 PM

I think Clintons point about diplomacy and the Iran deal was well said and then the counter punch with temperament was excellent.

Has anyone noticed that everything is the "worst thing ever" when trump talks about it?

Trump also missed a great opportunity when asked about cyber security to attack Clinton again about her unsecure emails

#8 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:34 PM

Oh god, Trump would be even worse than Reagan. REAGAN.

#9 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 06:35 PM

https://www.google.c...p?client=safari

CNN LAUNCHES MANHUNT AFTER LESTER HOLT VANISHES FROM DEBATE

Edited by CaptainDantes, 26 September 2016 - 06:35 PM.

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:11 PM

Damn...I missed the comedy hour.

#11 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:21 AM

I'm kind of glad I didn't watch this shit. 

#12 Pryanka

Pryanka
  • 232 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:54 PM

OMG I Have so many thoughts on this bs that went down last night!!!

First of all, Lester Holt did a NEGLIGIBLE/USELESS job at moderating. Unless moderator means a totally different thing for the Presidential debates, he let Trump walk all over him.

What pissed me the hell off was that Trump acted like a bratty child whenever Hillary Clinton was speaking, CONTINUOUSLY interrupting her and trying to talk to Lester like they were buddies in the middle of her talking points. He was just being obnoxious, and what annoyed me even more is how righteous and angry he got if Clinton ever tried to speak over him. She didn't do it as often, cutting into his last few words rather than constantly saying "wrong" in the most bratty tone imaginable lol. But every time she did he would just be like excuse me, or I'm talking, or this is my time. Like why the hell are you interrupting Clinton if you can't take a dose of your own medicine?

Trump's line about him having a better temperament than Hillary really cracked me up. He truly does live in his own reality if he thinks he's got the temperament to be a President. Look, he may have some lofty goals on how he's going to fix America, and maybe some of them could work if implemented...but PRESIDENTIAL TEMPERAMENT, he does not have. At all. 

I think Hillary Clinton actually tried to answer the questions. Trump frankly had no idea wtf he was talking about and just kept saying the same circular propaganda shit over and over again. Like he would keep saying "YES LESTER, THIS IS A PROBLEM. THE SECURITY ASPECT OF THE CYBER IS A THING. THE CYBER IS A THING. IT'S A PROBLEM"

Like okay where in that did you make any relevant points about addressing cybersecurity, how to prevent cyber attacks, and how to tighten security? NOWHERE. All I know at the end of your tirade is that you call cybersecurity the "security aspect of the cyber" and that your son is REALLY good with computers. Props to him, but that's not the question. 

#13 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:05 PM

You're fucked, guys. Good luck

#14 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:03 PM

I actually watched the entire debate and honestly gained nothing out of it. It was neither entertaining nor informative. Honestly, it was just a let down. Trump is supposed to be full of zingers and stupid things to say, and all he did was talk in circles. At the same time, Hillary could have taken so many shots are Trump - the man is a buffoon, objectively - and she gained absolutely no ground on him. Her answers weren't particularly informative either after her first, obviously very rehearsed, answer. She too just talked in circles.

Trump came across as childish, but at least he commanded power on the stage. Honestly though, I expected to Trump to be a lot more childish. Besides interrupting her (which isn't surprising, it's not a very formal debate), he didn't do too much overtly stupid stuff.

Hillary managed to keep her calm, but at the same time she came across as a pushover. I know people say "You can't argue with someone like Trump"... but it's a debate. And while it's supposed to be formal, it clearly isn't at all. Also she had this annoying condescending air about her, like she knew exactly what she was doing. Which would be good against someone like Trump, but she didn't do anything with it. She didn't take any good shots or make any really good points. It was baseless.

The formality of it was an absolute joke. I don't blame the moderator in particular, I think he had a very hard job. And like I said, it wasn't really intended to be a formal debate. If we wanted to hear their policies, we'd just look them up. We're well aware both of them lack exact plans that aren't garbage. Both of them constantly talked over Holt but I would too, if I was on that stage. The moderator can't do anything. What's he going to do? Say "I told you 20 seconds, you talked for 25, you have to leave now!!"? Like really all they could have done was make their mics fade out after a certain amount of time, but that'd just piss people off whom wanted to hear more.

Tl;dr: A garbage performance by them both. Trump seemed "powerful" but childish, and Hillary seemed collected but somewhat spineless. They both talked in circles, as politicians do. I'd really like to hammer home the point here though: BOTH of them did a poor, boring job. I've seen media outlets try to sensationalize both sides. I've seen people say "Trump had a breakdown" and "Hillary cracked under pressure". Neither party dominated on that stage, and anyone who says otherwise is biased... unless I really missed something.

#15 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:37 PM

Do these debates actually change people's minds or convince people to vote for a particular candidate? Everything I heard yesterday during the time that I listened (e.g. birther issue, tax issue, e-mail security issue) were things that had been discussed before. I felt exactly the same way as @Generic, I didn't learn anything new except that yesterday was Clinton's granddaughter's birthday. Is the goal of these debates to see how each candidate reacts to heckles and pressure?

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:09 AM

Tl;dr: A garbage performance by them both. Trump seemed "powerful" but childish, and Hillary seemed collected but somewhat spineless. They both talked in circles, as politicians do. I'd really like to hammer home the point here though: BOTH of them did a poor, boring job. I've seen media outlets try to sensationalize both sides. I've seen people say "Trump had a breakdown" and "Hillary cracked under pressure". Neither party dominated on that stage, and anyone who says otherwise is biased... unless I really missed something.

I agree with this, unless things changed after I quit watching, about 45 minutes into it. I've read a few different articles and decided they were either biased or they watched a totally different show than I did, because they each did a bad job in different ways. 

Do these debates actually change people's minds or convince people to vote for a particular candidate? Everything I heard yesterday during the time that I listened (e.g. birther issue, tax issue, e-mail security issue) were things that had been discussed before. I felt exactly the same way as @Generic, I didn't learn anything new except that yesterday was Clinton's granddaughter's birthday. Is the goal of these debates to see how each candidate reacts to heckles and pressure?

Nah, at this point most people have already made their minds up. I just assumed the goal was to get the people drunk and fired up about politics.

#17 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:21 AM

This. The bits I saw were remarkably underwhelming.

But to be fair, if Hillary had dragged Trump's ass, she would have been destroyed by the media as being a bitchy, nagging cunt, or too emotional, or unable to keep her cool. It's basically lose-lose for her - she will be degraded for being dominating or being a pushover, which is why I think she should just be dominating and verbally destroy him, instead of pandering to his childishness and society's notion that women can't be powerful and speak fiercely.

I did see a lot of video clips of Trump lying about how he never said/did certain shit, I'm not even surprised. He reminds me of my dad except more orange.

#18 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:29 AM

This. The bits I saw were remarkably underwhelming.

But to be fair, if Hillary had dragged Trump's ass, she would have been destroyed by the media as being a bitchy, nagging cunt, or too emotional, or unable to keep her cool. It's basically lose-lose for her - she will be degraded for being dominating or being a pushover, which is why I think she should just be dominating and verbally destroy him, instead of pandering to his childishness and society's notion that women can't be powerful and speak fiercely.

I did see a lot of video clips of Trump lying about how he never said/did certain shit, I'm not even surprised. He reminds me of my dad except more orange.

Yeahhh...Trump tries to gas-light everyone. Doesn't really work when everything you've said publicly in the past has been recorded.

#19 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

How uncomfortable are you guys watching this debate? This is a shit show.

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:31 PM

If you want to see my thoughts, check my twitter. I'll be tweeting through this entire thing. 

https://twitter.com/yukidaviji

#21 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:04 PM

Trump seems to be more focused today.

#22 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:10 AM

I miss Bernie

#23 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

I like how when they were clapping for trump, the mods told them to stop but when they clapped for Hillary, no reaction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users