Pierced Ears on Men?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:38 PM

I'm a 21 year old guy and I've been considering getting my ear(s) pierced for a while now. What's your opinion on ear piercings for men?

I'm thinking of either getting studs (Silver or black balls most likely. Maybe clear crystal) or small hoops, just the regular earlobe piercing. I haven't really decided if I'd get just the left ear or both. I mean, I'm leaning more towards getting both, but most people seem to think guys should get either 1 or no ears pierced.

Also I've heard some people say "It depends on the person" so there's a (bad, quickly taken) picture of me in the spoiler below if my appearance effects anyone's opinion.

Spoiler

Edited by Generic, 28 February 2017 - 12:26 AM.

#2 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Not a fan, but in that picture you kinda look like a guy in my college, and he has both ears pierced, doesn't look to bad.

#3 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:50 PM

Pierced ears has been a thing for guys since before I was in high school which was more than a decade ago. If you want it, do it!

#4 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:52 PM

I'm personally not a fan of piercings in general, especially on men. I don't know what your personality is like in real life, and I feel that would be a factor in how you'd be able to pull it off. You look really good as you are currently, and if you really want to pierce those piercing(s), I don't see why you shouldn't. You'd be doing it for yourself and what makes you happy, not others. Plus if you don't like them, you can always just let the holes close up anyway.

#5 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 02:53 PM

as a dude with pierced ears, if you think it'll look nice on you/will make you happy go for it :)

Edited by Swim, 09 October 2016 - 02:53 PM.

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:06 PM

Honestly, yeah man, go for it! Fuck the naysayers! You'll look great and if you feel you don't like them, just take them out and let them heal up. 

Baldman pierced his own ears before the military. He looked great with them.

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:07 PM

They're okay, I guess...? I've never really given thought to ear piercings on men, but I say go for it. Maybe start with something small like a stud. See how it looks on you and whether or not you like it.

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

I think they're alright. They don't bother me at all, and with your ears and face I think they'd look good on you. (Sorry if that sounds odd). I think studs would be a good starting place. See if you like those then move up to hoops and other earnings. 

#9 Ubermensch

Ubermensch
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:18 PM

Looks pretty gay (in the homosexual sense, not the insult sense).

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 09 October 2016 - 07:22 PM

I've had my ears pierced five times now. 

Also my lip at one point. 

I say just go for it dude. 

#11 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:09 PM

I vote yes!! I think it'll look good on you. My partner has two studs on one ear (he has to take them out for policing) but I like them! I'd say go for it!

#12 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:38 AM

I dig ear piercings on dudes, and I think you can pull it off.

Heck, you can always remove em  you don't like how they look.

#13 windy

windy
  • 25 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

Haha well personally, I think tunnel earrings look hot on guys. But that's just my taste. I think flat black studs would look good on you (both sides)

#14 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:03 AM

Looks pretty gay (in the homosexual sense, not the insult sense).

Is there something wrong with that?

#15 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:40 AM

#16 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:45 AM

Like everyone's said already, go for it and if you hate them, take it out. I love piercings and I personally like black studs; I'm not a big fan of hoops in lobes but you do you.

#17 smashie90

smashie90
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:51 PM

Are you thinking of sticking to just the piercings or possibly moving on up to tunnels of some sort? I have my ears currently at a half inch but I know that's not for everyone. Like everyone else says go for it. The worst thing that will happen is you don't like it and take them out.

#18 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate all honest opinions. I guess as a follow up, would you think one ear or both? I'm leaning more towards both, but I don't exactly want to look overly feminine or anything.

Also @smashie90 I'm definitely not getting tunnels any time soon, the most I might get is the fake plugs that are like barbell piercings.

Edited by Generic, 10 October 2016 - 07:29 PM.

#19 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:20 AM

I don't know many guys with their ears pierced, but for the ones i do know, i have yet to object to their decision. If you have the thought to do it, you will probably know how to rock it too, even if you don't realize it lol. My uncle has his done, and wears small gold ball studs. He is a university professor and researcher, he somehow makes it look classy. On the other hand, I've seen it look quite "cool" too. lol.

#20 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate all honest opinions. I guess as a follow up, would you think one ear or both? I'm leaning more towards both, but I don't exactly want to look overly feminine or anything.

Also @smashie90 I'm definitely not getting tunnels any time soon, the most I might get is the fake plugs that are like barbell piercings.

I reckon you could pull off both ears pierced without it looking too girly. But if you're not too confident you could go with one, then you can change your mind later on if you like the way it looks.

#21 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 05:39 AM

Both. You don't look feminine at all to begin with, and I feel like single ear piercings are kind of outdated at this point.

#22 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:07 AM

I've had my ear pierced since I was a little kid I've had nothing but compliments, got 2 piercings in the lobe and a helix piercing which I got on impulse a few months ago, but I'm happy with it  ^_^ Probably gonna get another 1 or 2 helix piercings in the future, the girls seem to love it :p  I'm not too keen on guys getting both ears done but that's just down to personal preference, I'd probably start with one ear, see if you like it first then you can always get the other done later if you want to. But I'd say go for it, there's a lot of cool earrings you can buy to suit whatever style you're going for, there's an earring for pretty much everything you like. Shit you could probably even have a pair of tits hanging from your ears if you want, in fact you can, I just googled it and boob earrings are definitely a thing.

Edited by Dazz, 11 October 2016 - 06:08 AM.

#23 Ubermensch

Ubermensch
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 10:25 AM

Is there something wrong with that?

Depends on if you want to look homosexual or not.

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 12:18 PM

Depends on if you want to look homosexual or not.

Anything wrong with looking homosexual?

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

Id start with one and then move from there, but you have great angles and it looks like you'd look good with both if you want it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users