Do you like your neopets?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:10 PM

I love my pets even though I take breaks a lot. Does anyone else love their pets or is to about the competition, np, Items etc? While I do enjoy having nice items my pride of neopets is my pets themselves. I like to customize but more so having a good character for them.

#2 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:16 PM

Yeah, before being frozen I used to write stories, personalities, customize them etc. Sadly I lost every pet I was attached to so now they're just pixels for me.

Edited by Hikimaru, 11 October 2016 - 09:16 PM.

#3 Aurelion

Aurelion
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:57 PM

I feel the same as Hikimaru. There was a moment in time when I entered my beloved pets into beauty contests, coded their petpages personally, and wrote full blown out stories.

But now they l i t e r a l l y mean nothing to me and it's really sad.

To loosely quote a meme i saw the oher day
"It's quite depressing when the things that gave you the happiest memories become a memory."

Edited by Chaeri, 11 October 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#4 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:31 AM

I like my pets. The only thing i would change about them if i could, would be their names. My much younger self had a little bit too much fun thinking them up lol.

#5 Maha

Maha
  • haha

• 1039 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:39 AM

Yeah I LOVED my Neopets throughout the Years. Went through some phases in life and stuff, sold my account and due to my bond with my lovelies the buyer kindly passed the account back to me as a surprise after clearing out the items and stuff. Which brought my bond even closer. About 2 years later and Lots of Life Changes throughout I decided to sell and be done. I truly miss my Neopets I had grown awfully attached to but they're hopefully still being fed by the Buyer and haven't been brought into the ice-age many of you guys so sadly have become a part of. 

I do however have my 2nd ever account still as an alt which I never login on. 

#6 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:11 AM

My water draik is my baby. Draiks have always been my dreamie pet and was sooooo happy when I was able to get a draik egg from auction (sniped it). 

#7 dangereuse

dangereuse
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:51 PM

I do! I spend so much (maybe too much) time drawing and writing about them; all of them have full pages and such. 

#8 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:31 AM

Yeah I do. Mines nothing special, a mutant with a whatever name but not gonna lie. I doted on that thing. Also my eventide grarrl! fffffuuuuuuuuuuck ❤. feelings.

#9 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

I like my pets. I have a bunch of medium tier pound finds on side accounts that honestly I don't really care about, but I'm pretty happy with the ones on my main. They've got some pretty cool names and colors, and I'm pleased with the customizations I made with no NC. Basically I'd be disappointed if I lost the pets, but I don't really know what to do with them now that they're painted and customized :/

#10 Jorogumo

Jorogumo
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

Mine all have such rubbish names that I made up when I was ten (generic human names with lots of numbers). I like the paint job of one of them, but the goals is to one day necessarily splurge on brushes or potions and make them all awesome, or shove them all onto a side account.

#11 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:37 PM

I have some pets that I like, but I don't really care. There are some dream pets that I'd like to get, but I'm just lazy. Almost all are fairly cheap too except for robo krawk.

#12 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

Not anymore. Being the hyper aware person I am, I came to the conclusion that my fervent attention to my pets stems from the toxic vacuum of unrequited approval from better players and people whom never exist in the game anymore. It doesn't matter if my pet has max stats with increasing HP, few pet trophies, and has a good name. It doesn't matter to me if I can't show it off to people that do matter to me.

#13 Bonks

Bonks
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:13 PM

I had an emotional attachment to my pets before but now I only have one for training/battling purposes. I would probably like and care for them more if UC pets were default.

#14 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

Sadly I lost every pet I was attached to so now they're just pixels for me.

Thats so sad. I'm still very attached to my pets.

#15 smashie90

smashie90
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:32 PM

I really wish I could remember my original account information. I like the pets I have now I am going to eventually get another one but I find it to be a hassle to look after to many of them.

#16 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

I lost the ones I was attached to.

Right now I have ones with dirty names that have been around for a few months now, I think they're hilarious. 

#17 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

Wow this topic took off. Interesting to see everyone's responses. Thanks to everyone who chimed in. I also understand those who've gotten burned, or burned out, I find myself not able to just give it up. I just seem to keep coming back to check in. Anyone who wants to answer what was or is your favorite pet? I don't mean names but what was or is your dream pet. Also what was your first ever neo-goal? My first goal was to morph one of my pets into a mutant Draik, my favorite pet is the MSP lol... closely followed by pea chia. I wish we could unlock extra pet slots on an account somehow. Oh and what has been your best random event? Mine was a Mootix back when they first came out and they directly attatched to a petpet and you couldn't take it off or it would disappear.

#18 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:41 PM

I am ashamed of my neopets, one of my neopets even dropped out of neoschool and now I can't afford my expensive nerkmid habit because I need to support him!

#19 Ubermensch

Ubermensch
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

No, they always guilt trip me because they're "starving"..

#20 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:11 PM

Wow this topic took off. Interesting to see everyone's responses. Thanks to everyone who chimed in. I also understand those who've gotten burned, or burned out, I find myself not able to just give it up. I just seem to keep coming back to check in. Anyone who wants to answer what was or is your favorite pet? I don't mean names but what was or is your dream pet. Also what was your first ever neo-goal? My first goal was to morph one of my pets into a mutant Draik, my favorite pet is the MSP lol... closely followed by pea chia. I wish we could unlock extra pet slots on an account somehow. Oh and what has been your best random event? Mine was a Mootix back when they first came out and they directly attatched to a petpet and you couldn't take it off or it would disappear.

I always wanted a krawk and draik and that really gave me a goal to work towards. Now that they are so easy to come by I just kind of think what's the point? I still don't own one, but I've had MP for them. It was awesome when they were so rare and then the 9-9-09 disaster came through XD

#21 IamDaniel

IamDaniel
  • 197 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 06:46 AM

I'm still having my initial pet and I love it! Not with the best name but I like to customise it and train it. It's like raising up a real pet 

#22 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:19 AM

I'm still having my initial pet and I love it! Not with the best name but I like to customise it and train it. It's like raising up a real pet 

I haven't really got into customizing my pets, but there is one that I do train occasionally. I use my fortune cookies for quests or reduced training times.

#23 Freja

Freja
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 03:50 AM

I really never cared much about the pets. I just wanted the nps lol. Was into the whole pets-building in the early days, but now I just play to increase my BD pet and play in the BD. And collect moar neopoints xD

#24 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:45 AM

I miss my pets a lot. I'm still hoping to get my main deiced so I can get them back. I still have the side accounts with some of them but my Thor was on my main :[

#25 mariaahry

mariaahry
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:13 AM

i love my pets(a lot of aishas and one draik) and i love to create their background and customization.

But i'm a little sad since i lost one of my adds due to that "frozen for your protection"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users