Photo

Maplestory, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Spenzer

Spenzer
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

Anyone here play currently, or used to play, Maplestory? Just curious! I know a lot of people stopped after the 'big bang' happened, but I used to be addicted to that game! Lol.

#2 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 October 2016 - 09:06 PM

I'll come back, level a character to a point where parties are needed for decent progressing, and quit after once again realizing the community is just a room full of screaming babies.

So many mid-100 level characters...

#3 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:07 AM

I used to play but I stopped, now I occasionally play on private servers. Official servers are just not worth it unless you have real money to spend on it imo.

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2016 - 10:34 AM

I played a loooooooong time ago. Mostly, I stick to Steam games now, and sadly, I have few MMORPGs I tend to play. I do play Mabinogi occasionally still, Elder Scrolls Online, and Ark. I think I need a new MMO to try, something that is fresh/different.

#5 Spenzer

Spenzer
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 12:55 PM

I'll come back, level a character to a point where parties are needed for decent progressing, and quit after once again realizing the community is just a room full of screaming babies.

So many mid-100 level characters...

@Elindoril, haha wow. Maybe I shouldn't log in again. xD Honestly I'm just confused about where a lot of things are since it changed. The game is more fun to play with friends, and mine lost interest in the game.

I used to play but I stopped, now I occasionally play on private servers. Official servers are just not worth it unless you have real money to spend on it imo.

@rei, private servers are nice. :) I spent so much money on Maplestory back when I played it. xD You had to pay for extra inventory slots, pay to get married too... haha!

I played a loooooooong time ago. Mostly, I stick to Steam games now, and sadly, I have few MMORPGs I tend to play. I do play Mabinogi occasionally still, Elder Scrolls Online, and Ark. I think I need a new MMO to try, something that is fresh/different.

@Coops, sounds like fun! I also have Steam, but, I rarely play any of the games. I had a lot of friends who played Maplestory and dropped off after awhile. Never played any of those other MMORPGs though. They sound like fun!

#6 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:07 PM

@rei, private servers are nice. :) I spent so much money on Maplestory back when I played it. xD You had to pay for extra inventory slots, pay to get married too... haha!

I think you still have to pay for those, except maybe on the Reboot server. On Reboot you can supposedly get any cash shop item that's not purely cosmetic (such as cubes and stuff) for mesos. I say supposedly because you still have to pay nx for pets and I don't see how you can farm mesos without a pet but whatever. You also can't trade with other players on Reboot.

#7 Spenzer

Spenzer
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 03:28 PM

Yea collecting mesos was so annoying without a pet. o.o @rei

#8 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:14 PM

Picking up items in general is a huge pain without a pet with auto pickup. Completely kills any quick and fun pacing that still lingers in the game.

#9 Spenzer

Spenzer
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:32 PM

Picking up items in general is a huge pain without a pet with auto pickup. Completely kills any quick and fun pacing that still lingers in the game.

@Elindoril, I agree! Haha. Apparently there was an event that if completed gave you a permanent pet. A friend of mine got that. I was so jealous. xD I just had been on hiatus at the time. He doesn't even play MS anymore.

#10 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:32 AM

I used to play a lot, from just after beta up until a bit after 4th job came out. Shit just got too ridiculous with the cubes and pay to win shit, a perfect scrolled weapon went from being rare to common. Party quests also became non-existant and that broke my heart :( 

But me and Eric had some of the best names. Long live Pusseh.

lurve.jpg

#11 vannt93

vannt93
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 09:10 PM

Mee too :)

#12 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2016 - 02:01 PM

So it's pretty easy to get to 200 nowadays. Here's me at 200 after a couple weeks playing casually.

Spoiler

200-250 is another stupid can of worms though. No way I'll ever get there.

#13 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

I'm back at MS. I hope they fix Gollux soon

#14 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

I'm back at MS. I hope they fix Gollux soon

Dev said on their stream today that it will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.

#15 BestNidShotNA

BestNidShotNA
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

I heard a lot of hype around this game but never have played. What game is it similar to?

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

I heard a lot of hype around this game but never have played. What game is it similar to?

WonderKing.

#17 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

I used to play, but I ended up getting bored with it and stopped. I keep getting back into it every few months though--now I'm tempted to play again. :p

#18 empty

empty
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

maple is my precious childhood MMO. I dabbled in the recent burning event on the reboot server..

that was fun, got to a pretty high level too! but now the extra levels are gone and I feel it's stale.

I used too eat, live and breathe that game. I even met my first boyfriend on there hhah! but damn those days are long gone. my main is basically unplayable, all the equips can barely even touch modern mobs, so I just keep it for nostalgia.

I'd be much more keen on playing if I had buddies on, I used to mainly use maple as a chat IM :p

#19 Helix

Helix
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2017 - 07:52 AM

I used to play it a long time ago, but only for a little while. There's just something about it that wasn't enough to keep me interested I guess. I think it's maybe because I was playing another MMO in which I have more friends to play with.

#20 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:05 PM

I play it! Well not currently. Lack of a pc makes it hard to play this stupidly addicting, slime grinding mmo.

I can't wait to play it again for some reason.

#21 HonestHeart

HonestHeart
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

I play the Reboot Server on Steam...would love to play with friends!

#22 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

I played a while ago, but not for long. I remember taking a taxi that put me in a high level area, with no way out. I was basically stuck at lvl 2.

I started playing the 3DS game though.

#23 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:45 PM

I have been trying to get into playing it again, I have an account on reboot if anyone wants to play HMU

I need help bossing and making my characters stronger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users