• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

On Sunday, November 6th at 3pm NST, DirigiblesMr. InsaneViola, and Snarkie will be on reddit answering your questions! (IAmA = I am a ____, typically followed up with "ask me anything")

reddit_snoo.png

090bbbb6ae6357b0e73ecd7701d4261d.png 

To ask a question, you'll need to register for a reddit account. So start thinking now. Be warned, though, that the IAmA community has over 12,000,000 users subscribed, so it will be a potentially very large thread! We'll post a reminder closer to the day of the thread.

^^ taken from JN. 

#2 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:50 AM

hmmm should make an interesting read I look forward to it

#3 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2016 - 03:13 AM

hmmm should make an interesting read I look forward to it

yer, i think it should be interesting too! I hope they get sqeezed for fun/interesting information beyond "what is your favorite color?"

#4 fiasco817

fiasco817
  • 254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 October 2016 - 10:26 AM

wow this is definitely going to be interesting, definitely gonna check this out

#5 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 02:46 PM

Oh man. This is going to be very interesting! I would love to know why they left and such

#6 inu

inu
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

One of the founders of Neopets did an AMA a few years back

#7 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:03 AM

I.. I love Xweetoks, both in name and design! :crybaby: It's so hard to believe that they were an act of spite :(

#8 Krolikzima

Krolikzima
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

I.. I love Xweetoks, both in name and design! :crybaby: It's so hard to believe that they were an act of spite :(

Weren't they one of the last few pets designed prior to the switch over?

#9 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:42 AM

Weren't they one of the last few pets designed prior to the switch over?

Yes, along with ogrins :) In the AMA (linked bu inu), Donna had said that xweetoks and orgins were the ugliest names and drawings that she'd ever seen, so she approved them to be unleashed on Neopets just before she left. I agree with her about the ogrins, but xweetoks are cute!

#10 MitoMadness

MitoMadness
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 01:48 PM

I love Xweetoks, too! So cute. And they're able to show off clothing

so well! (mildly obsessed with customization)

#11 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:00 PM

I happen to have a reddit account... Wonder what I should ask!

Go Crazy @ortin :p Ask all of the things.  :pirate1:

#12 Bear

Bear
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

I've been waiting for this... I suspect they will divulge that there won't be another war..

#13 savethekings

savethekings
  • 51 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2016 - 07:24 PM

You guys made me read the old one with donna and adam. Now I feel like I can't waste my time with the new one. Highlights for when it come out please!?!

Edited by savethekings, 25 October 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#14 Abbles

Abbles
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:22 PM

Awesome gotta think of some questions.  Nothing comes to mind

#15 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 October 2016 - 04:22 PM

Wow! I hope they spill all the beans.

#16 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:54 PM

gonna ask a bunch of neo-inapproriate stuff, where should i start?

#17 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:27 PM

UPDATE: The AMA is now live! Be sure you read their rules/post so you don't ask anything that can't be answered. As a reminder, do not discuss this on Neopets. Moderators take a dim view of mentioning reddit.

reddit_snoo.png

As a reminder, today at 3pm NST, DirigiblesMr. InsaneViola, and Snarkie will be on reddit answering your questions! (IAmA = I am a ____, typically followed up with "ask me anything")

To ask a question, you'll need to register for a reddit account. Be warned, though, that the IAmA community has over 12,000,000 users subscribed, so it will be a potentially very large thread!

^^ credit JN

#18 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:03 PM

Most interesting comment I've seen so far was linked from tumblr:

Q. If you still talk to Mr. Insane, would it be rude to ask you to ask him to give us a hint for the locked door in NeoQuest? I understand if that's something he doesn't want to talk about, though. Thank you either way. :) And thanks for your many years supporting Team Virtupets!! — Asked by sirwallahoo

A. Hi!

I’m almost afraid to relay your inquiry to him since I have a theory that the repeated asking of this very question is what lead to the loss of the remainder of his sanity lo those many years ago. But, seeing as how his descent into madness is long complete, I guess there’s nothing to lose, right? Here we go…

Okay, he replied thusly:

Sorry, kids. There’s nothing behind the door. It was a deliberate attempt to drive people nuts, and apparently it worked, since it’s been almost 15 years since NQ launched and people are still asking about it! It gives me warm fuzzies thinking about all the stress and insanity that one little door caused. *ahem* AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There you have it. I suspect that being ex-TNT, no longer bound by the oath of the mystic covenant, has allowed him to speak freely on the matter. I mean, he usually gives a really smart-ass reply so that’s the only explanation.

Neopia has you to thank for an answer to the mystery after all these years! :)

Another interesting fact:

And in fact, almost everyone who had worked on Ghoul Catchers had already left the company by the time it was released.

lol that explains a lot...

More highlights:

[–]historyandwanderlust 14 points 4 hours ago

Do you guys miss Keyquest as much as I do? (I miss Keyquest a lot.)

Also I'd just like to say thank you for making a site I've literally now played for more than half my life!

[–]Ask_Dr_Sloth[S] 14 points 2 hours ago

Keyquest was really hard to maintain. It was built by an outside company, with a Java back-end, and there were no Java experts on the team. It required a lot of Viacom magic to keep running.

So... that's probably a no?

Yeah, expected that.

[–]snarhooked 10 points 5 hours ago

Obligatory question about secret avatars For the love of Sloth please tell me if the Snowager Rawr! and Aisha Scalawag (Buried Treasure) avatars are really just awarded randomly when you are blasted/pull a winning ticket? As someone who has tried for those avatars often multiple times a day for over a decade I need to know if I am just really unlucky or there's more to it.

[–]Ask_Dr_Sloth[S] 6 points 3 hours ago

You're just really unlucky. :(

Glad to hear it's total luck or lack thereof, but at the same I AM UNLUCKY TOOOOoooo

[–]KozmaKangaroo 7 points 5 hours ago

Can you now tell us how team scores were determined in the Altador Cup? I still don't see how freeloaders were unable to hurt their own team by doing nothing.

[–]Ask_Dr_Sloth[S] 5 points 3 hours ago

We don't want to give away details, in case they're still using the same algorithm, but it made sure freeloaders didn't ruin things for their team.

Of course we all know what a fiasco the last AC was

#19 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:35 PM

I totally understand why they can't reveal certain information but let's be honest, that AMA was pretty boring.

Adam and Donna's AMA was hilarious because they weren't scared to go all out haha

#20 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:51 PM

I totally understand why they can't reveal certain information but let's be honest, that AMA was pretty boring.

Adam and Donna's AMA was hilarious because they weren't scared to go all out haha

Ye it wasn't very juicy liked i had hoped it would be lol. It was kind of interesting though to read through JN's summery. 

#21 kadoatie

kadoatie
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:49 PM

Ye it wasn't very juicy liked i had hoped it would be lol. It was kind of interesting though to read through JN's summery. 

Wish they spoke more about the new BD.

#22 Chic

Chic
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:26 PM

I had hoped they'd be more jaded.

#23 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

yeah it was a very boring AMA, but eh what can you do

#24 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:00 AM

That's because they're mature adults that don't have a big fit over losing their jobs like a kid would have for cheating and getting their account frozen.

#25 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:22 AM

lol, I can't be mad because I should have expected it to be boring AF. Still read it down to the very last comment. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users