• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:20 PM

This news is a few days old now but I need more people to talk about it with !!!!! Like why is no one else here as excited as me? Red Dead Redemption was arguably one of the best, most cinematic games of all time. Rockstar has earned my trust completely with this franchise. I mean look at this trailer. Perfection

Polygon has an article theorizing this being a prequel to the last Red Dead.

"Imagine playing as Marston while he was even more of an antihero than in Red Dead Redemption: a cold-blooded murderer who terrorized the Old West with his fellow outlaws. Dutch’s Gang was renowned for robbing banks; what if this new Red Dead title were to focus on planning heists à la Rockstar’s most recent game, Grand Theft Auto 5? What if we got glimpses of the good ol’ days of the group, and then watched the brothers in arms slowly drift apart? Red Dead Redemption was set after the American frontier had already closed; what if we could experience that turn-of-the-20th-century turmoil in progress?"

I always say I'm not gonna pre-order shit... But I will be pre-ordering this shit. Let's discuss.

#2 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:17 PM

Looks good! I vaguely remember playing the first one with my friends and running past people setting them all on fire. I don't really play video games anymore, but this definitely looks like something I'd be willing to sink some time into.

#3 inu

inu
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Loved RDR, super excited to play RDR 2! However I'm more of a PC gamer these days, fingers crossed it's not a console only game

#4 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:12 AM

Guess the creative team didn't want to waste time brainstorming a new "R" word.

#5 Shannon

Shannon
  • 💦🌺 water type ♓✨

• 1618 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

Looks good! I vaguely remember playing the first one with my friends and running past people setting them all on fire. I don't really play video games anymore, but this definitely looks like something I'd be willing to sink some time into.

I used to spend so much time aimlessly exploring the map in RDR. Hopefully the world in 2 is just as big and beautiful and full of small surprises and side quests that will keep the game interesting after completing the campaign.

Loved RDR, super excited to play RDR 2! However I'm more of a PC gamer these days, fingers crossed it's not a console only game

I have a feeling they'll pull a GTA V and release a PC version a few months after the console versions. Rockstar seems to have some trouble with the PC ports but after the outcry over the first one, maybe they've learned their lesson!

Guess the creative team didn't want to waste time brainstorming a new "R" word.

Red Dead Retribution would've been dope but i guess they wanna stick with whatever's the most familiar? Idk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video games, red dead, rockstar games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users