#1 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 12:20 PM

Ask Kylo (me) Anything

giphy.gif

Activity has been low on codex recently, so perhaps this might help us get a bit more chatty. (I do doubt that though). 

As per the title, ask away, and I shall answer. Please keep all asks within our rules though! (So no sexually explicit asks and such)

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:45 PM

What is the biggest personal issue that you have/are overcoming and what advice on that matter you can give to people in a similar situation like yours?

Who are you voting in the upcoming national election next week (even if hypothetically) and why?

Think of one person who has positively impacted your life to the point you can't think how your life would be without them. Now, you are transported into a different timeline where they never existed and you'll never have the chance to say 'thank you' to them or even hear their voice. The question is: are you completely over your Loki phase?

#3 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 01:58 PM

Where were you 3hrs ago? 
Are you warm?
Are you a good dancer?

Are you a good singer?
Are you a good cook?
Are you a good artist?
Are you a good listener?
Are you a good public speaker?

Are you a good babysitter?
Are you a good mechanic?
Are you a good swimmer?
Are you a good skier?
Are you a good lover?
Are you a good musician?
Are you a good cleaner?
Are you a good actor?
Are you a good writer?

When was the last time you ate a banana?

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

What is the biggest personal issue that you have/are overcoming and what advice on that matter you can give to people in a similar situation like yours?

Who are you voting in the upcoming national election next week (even if hypothetically) and why?

Think of one person who has positively impacted your life to the point you can't think how your life would be without them. Now, you are transported into a different timeline where they never existed and you'll never have the chance to say 'thank you' to them or even hear their voice. The question is: are you completely over your Loki phase?

Biggest personal issue...hmm..low self esteem right now. Got a test back that I thought I did well on, I knew quite a bit of what was on it, and got a 65%. I'm currently failing two classes and need to exercise (not because I like it, because I don't want to be fat and ugly). For those trying to overcome such a thing, find a friend to talk to who's also going through something close to what you feel. My friends aren't failing classes, and they aren't feeling like they're fat. You need someone there to constantly encourage you and tell you that everything you think about yourself is wrong, and it has to be someone dealing with the same things you are. Otherwise it's just feels like words that have no meaning, that the person doesn't understand what you're going through. 

Voting. I voted by absentee ballot because my college is a different county than where I registered, and I don't have transportation to get back to my house. I wrote in Bernie Sanders. And before someone come screaming at me that that takes votes away from Hillary letting Trump win, me writing in Bernie "takes away" a vote from Trump as well. It gives neither a vote to Hillary or Trump, and thus has no effect on either of the two! I wrote in Bernie because I refuse to vote for someone who I don't believe in, who I don't like. I don't like either of them, and I shouldn't be forced into voting for one just because the other choice is worse There's another option when American throws two piles of shit at you and tells you to choose, choose the dog that's standing on the side line being ignored because the shit keeps getting everywhere. 

As for my Loki phase, no. With me, I may switch my main obsession, but the other ones are always still there. They're just a bit quieter at the moment. Right now the main obsession I have is Kylo Ren, but Loki is still in my head, he's just a bit quieter than Kylo is. My heart and brain can't kick one out, so they all stay with me. Sometimes I need just one at front on my mind and the other towards the background, sometimes I need both. Usually when I'm happiest, it's just one, when I'm sadder I need the voices of both Loki and Kylo in my head. Let me just say: I'm filled up with villains. (Kylo, Loki, Draco Malfoy, and Anakin Skywalker from episode 3). 

Where were you 3hrs ago? 
Are you warm?
Are you a good dancer?

Are you a good singer?
Are you a good cook?
Are you a good artist?
Are you a good listener?
Are you a good public speaker?

Are you a good babysitter?
Are you a good mechanic?
Are you a good swimmer?
Are you a good skier?
Are you a good lover?
Are you a good musician?
Are you a good cleaner?
Are you a good actor?
Are you a good writer?

When was the last time you ate a banana?

3 hours ago: In calc. 2 hours of hell.

warm: yes, my room is 74.5 degrees F

dancer: no. I can't do ballet, I'm not graceful enough, and when I'm dancing at a party I'm usually off to the side kind of just swaying around.

singer: YES. I'm in our choir and chamber singers here (which is audition only), I was the housekeeper in last years production of Man of La Mancha...I'm very good.

Cook: If it's noodles (like udon, spaghetti, ect) I can cook it. Baking..I keep forgetting that I can't use wheat flour instead of white flour in my cookies, and they turn out all crumbly and icky.

Artist: Not really. I can draw some, but what the drawings I consider good take me upwards of 2 weeks, and that's just the simple sketch. If I want to do more it can take me a month or more and it just ends up looking like something very basic. Not bad, but not great, just kind of normal.

Listener: I get bored easily. I may look like I'm hearing you, but it is possible I'm thinking of something else while you're talking.

Public Speaker: I'm alright at it, it depends on the topic. If it's a topic I like, know well, or believe in, I can do very well with it. I tend to talk too fast though, and people tend to miss what I'm saying that way. 

Babysitter: Never really tried it. 

Mechanic: I break things, I don't fix things.lrhksty.gif

Swimmer: I can do the normal strokes, freestyle, butterfly, backstroke, and breaststroke. And I do have a lifeguarding license, but that's it.

Skier: I'm average. Haven't skied much since I was young.

Lover: NO. I take, but do not give. (So far I haven't found anyone who's worthy enough for me to give anything to. I've had relationships, but they were always not good enough).

Musician: YES. I played piano, violin, flute, clarinet, and currently sing. I've been trained in music since I was very young, like every kid in my family. 

Cleaner: When I have to be

Actor: YES. I love acting. I played the Aunt in Middletown last year first semester, the housekeeper in Man of La Mancha last year second semester, and am currently doing my basic acting class (so far I've been Kylo Ren, and this next scene has me playing Lord Voldemort.) I'm best at playing villains, they're just so much fun and match my personality best. 

Writer: I'm pretty good, problem is I have too many ideas and never finish anything.

Banana: I have no idea. 

#5 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

singer: YES. I'm in our choir and chamber singers here (which is audition only), I was the housekeeper in last years production of Man of La Mancha...I'm very good.

Cook: If it's noodles (like udon, spaghetti, ect) I can cook it. Baking..I keep forgetting that I can't use wheat flour instead of white flour in my cookies, and they turn out all crumbly and icky.

Artist: Not really. I can draw some, but what the drawings I consider good take me upwards of 2 weeks, and that's just the simple sketch. If I want to do more it can take me a month or more and it just ends up looking like something very basic. Not bad, but not great, just kind of normal.

Listener: I get bored easily. I may look like I'm hearing you, but it is possible I'm thinking of something else while you're talking.

Public Speaker: I'm alright at it, it depends on the topic. If it's a topic I like, know well, or believe in, I can do very well with it. I tend to talk too fast though, and people tend to miss what I'm saying that way. 

Babysitter: Never really tried it. 

Mechanic: I break things, I don't fix things.

Swimmer: I can do the normal strokes, freestyle, butterfly, backstroke, and breaststroke. And I do have a lifeguarding license, but that's it.

Skier: I'm average. Haven't skied much since I was young.

Lover: NO. I take, but do not give. (So far I haven't found anyone who's worthy enough for me to give anything to. I've had relationships, but they were always not good enough).

Musician: YES. I played piano, violin, flute, clarinet, and currently sing. I've been trained in music since I was very young, like every kid in my family. 

Cleaner: When I have to be

Actor: YES. I love acting. I played the Aunt in Middletown last year first semester, the housekeeper in Man of La Mancha last year second semester, and am currently doing my basic acting class (so far I've been Kylo Ren, and this next scene has me playing Lord Voldemort.) I'm best at playing villains, they're just so much fun and match my personality best. 

Writer: I'm pretty good, problem is I have too many ideas and never finish anything.

Banana: I have no idea. 

Cool, i'm a bit of a muso too. I trained on the clarinet, but then focused on my musicianship skills, which was mostly vocal. I love acting too. 

I think you're crushing it as a swimmer. I cant think of many strokes beyond the ones you mentioned :p It's a good skill to have. :)

#6 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

Cool, i'm a bit of a muso too. I trained on the clarinet, but then focused on my musicianship skills, which was mostly vocal. I love acting too. 

I think you're crushing it as a swimmer. I cant think of many strokes beyond the ones you mentioned :p It's a good skill to have. :)

I have to get my license renewed because it lasts for just two years and runs out this February. I would have used it this summer to get a job, but I had a seizure and was thus prevented from swimming for 6 months. I'll probably be getting the renewal this spring. 

#7 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Um I'll just say wow, you have a lot of talents that is awesome. I wish I'd had the discapline to follow through with musical training but I was kind of a strange kid, undiagnosed anxiety disorder, blah blah lol.

Did you have a costume for Halloween, if so what was your costume?

You said that you wanted to train in a medical field but you love acting, why not try to persue acting or singing?

Are you a soprano, alto, tenor or bass?

Can you sing Opera?

#8 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:22 PM

Um I'll just say wow, you have a lot of talents that is awesome. I wish I'd had the discapline to follow through with musical training but I was kind of a strange kid, undiagnosed anxiety disorder, blah blah lol.

Did you have a costume for Halloween, if so what was your costume?

You said that you wanted to train in a medical field but you love acting, why not try to persue acting or singing?

Are you a soprano, alto, tenor or bass?

Can you sing Opera?

I was Kylo Ren this year for halloween. Year before that was Alice in Wonderland and the year before that was Loki. I have pictures of all of them. 

I'm not perusing acting/singing because I don't have the perseverance. I don't like to practice. Plus, sadly, there are so many people trying to be actors and singers that it's very likely I'll go no where. Sure, I'd love to be in a movie, it is a dream of mine, but I'm not close enough to any of the main acting bases in the US. Hollywood is on the West Coast in Cali, and I'm all the way on the east coast in Pittsburgh. I don't have the cash to be able to get over there just for auditions. Florida does have Universal Studios (and I believe Nickelodeon), but again, too far away and too much money. As for singing, I've tried to write my own lyrics, I just can't get them to ever rhyme/sound correct. (I don't say songs because I don't compose music). And I have no idea how I'd ever get any producer to notice my signing outside of the thousands of others who are trying to do the same thing. 

I'm a mezzo soprano. Which is also called Soprano 2. My private teacher put me there, but my choral directors keep putting me with the Alto 1's. Problem with that is, the alto line if there isn't a split between alto 1 and alto 2 can get very low, and I sound better in a middle range. I have a F4-C3 range (or an f below the staff in treble cleft is my lowest note, and a c above the staff is my highest note). We just never seem to have enough alto's and so many sopranos, so I keep getting stuck with the altos. 

As for opera, I haven't tried that yet. To reach higher notes I will sing them in a sort of an operatic style of tone, but I've never actually sung anything from an opera yet. As a random side note, we do have a doctor in Pittsburgh who sings opera. 

#9 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

I was Kylo Ren this year for halloween. Year before that was Alice in Wonderland and the year before that was Loki. I have pictures of all of them. 

I'm not perusing acting/singing because I don't have the perseverance. I don't like to practice. Plus, sadly, there are so many people trying to be actors and singers that it's very likely I'll go no where. Sure, I'd love to be in a movie, it is a dream of mine, but I'm not close enough to any of the main acting bases in the US. Hollywood is on the West Coast in Cali, and I'm all the way on the east coast in Pittsburgh. I don't have the cash to be able to get over there just for auditions. Florida does have Universal Studios (and I believe Nickelodeon), but again, too far away and too much money. As for singing, I've tried to write my own lyrics, I just can't get them to ever rhyme/sound correct. (I don't say songs because I don't compose music). And I have no idea how I'd ever get any producer to notice my signing outside of the thousands of others who are trying to do the same thing. 

I'm a mezzo soprano. Which is also called Soprano 2. My private teacher put me there, but my choral directors keep putting me with the Alto 1's. Problem with that is, the alto line if there isn't a split between alto 1 and alto 2 can get very low, and I sound better in a middle range. I have a F4-C3 range (or an f below the staff in treble cleft is my lowest note, and a c above the staff is my highest note). We just never seem to have enough alto's and so many sopranos, so I keep getting stuck with the altos. 

As for opera, I haven't tried that yet. To reach higher notes I will sing them in a sort of an operatic style of tone, but I've never actually sung anything from an opera yet. As a random side note, we do have a doctor in Pittsburgh who sings opera.

I got stuck in soprano (for a silly children's choir, though we were asked to do a Bill Gaither album) but I was intirely not a soprano, was alto also in a mid tone, not too low. It's really fun how discussing this has brought up a ton of memories for me that I'd forgotten. I understand traveling and expenses really mess things up, but you never know down the road what may happen, I'm thinking you should keep up with singing, you seem to be really passionate about it and you just can't beat that. Anyway I'll stop rambling lol. Thanks for sharing your experiences :)

#10 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:15 PM

I got stuck in soprano (for a silly children's choir, though we were asked to do a Bill Gaither album) but I was intirely not a soprano, was alto also in a mid tone, not too low. It's really fun how discussing this has brought up a ton of memories for me that I'd forgotten. I understand traveling and expenses really mess things up, but you never know down the road what may happen, I'm thinking you should keep up with singing, you seem to be really passionate about it and you just can't beat that. Anyway I'll stop rambling lol. Thanks for sharing your experiences :)

I'll continue to sing in my choir and such, of course. I just wont pursue it as a major. My dad is moving to the west coast (Oregon) after he returns from China, so I guess I could use that. 

Glad to hear it's bringing up some memories, for you, that's always a nice thing! 

I always welcome rambling, it's fun to see where rambling may take you. 

#11 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:31 PM

Are there any people on Neocodex you'd like to meet in person?

#12 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:49 PM

Are there any people on Neocodex you'd like to meet in person?

Hmm...It'd be nice to see the rest of the staff in person. As for others...hmm..Rocket would be one..Frizzle (even though he's banned now)..Swarley, you Romy, Futurama...we've got so many members it's somewhat hard for me to remember who we've got. It would be nice to see everyone though, sort of like a big neocodex party. 

#13 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 06:58 PM

Whats your favourite zoo animal?
Whats your favourite sport?
Whats your favourite food?
Whats your favourite pizza topping?
Whats your favourite film?
Whats your favourite song?
Whats your favourite alcoholic drink?
Whats your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
Whats your favourite TV program?

And sorry if these have been asked before. :)

#14 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

How's college?

Alright at times, terrible at others. I hate Tuesdays and Thursdays because that's when I have to sit through 2 hours of calc with a teacher who can't teach and other students who think they're better than you when they're not. Friday's are nice because my final class ends at 2pm EST. Monday and Wednesday are alright since I've got a bit of a break from 2-4pm EST. I like Wednesdays more than Mondays though because I have my Organic Chem lab at night on Mondays. Club meetings are fun, today at the end of it, one of my friends and I just started carrying our other friends around in the air in their chairs. We then lifted a table with someone on it, and then he tried picking up the table I was lying on with me on it. It was really funny. 

Whats your favourite zoo animal?
Whats your favourite sport?
Whats your favourite food?
Whats your favourite pizza topping?
Whats your favourite film?
Whats your favourite song?
Whats your favourite alcoholic drink?
Whats your favourite non-alcoholic drink?
Whats your favourite TV program?

And sorry if these have been asked before. :)

Zoo Animal: Cheetah. Liked them ever since I was a kid

Spot: American Football

Pizza Topping: Tomatoes. I don't eat meat, so all I really eat is cheese pizza, sometimes with extra tomato on top. 

Film: Oh boy, that's a hard one...I haven't really selected a favorite though I do enjoy all the Studio Ghibli movies quite a bit. 

Song: I'm not kidding on this one, it's actually the Imperial March. I like playing it through my headphones while I walk around so I can feel like I'm on top of the world and have crazy dark powers. 

Drink: I'm not old enough to drink in the US legally, so I haven't had the opportunity to taste too many alcoholic drinks. Mimosas are pretty good though. 

TV Program: The Simpsons/Family Guy/American Dad/Futurama are all tied.

#15 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:53 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

#16 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:23 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

1. I state them. I'm the kind of person who says what they want/mean when they want to. I don't limit myself at all. If I want to say something, I'll say it. If you look ugly in your outfit, I'm going to tell you. 

2. I suppose. I do like attention.

3. Yep. Change is good and its what helps us make new discoveries

4. A month or so. I'd go crazy buying all the stuff I want from amazon. Those $600 hot toys figures would clean me out real fast. 

5. I don't drive. I have a permit, but no license. The only thing I can really think of is, when a school bus has its stop sign out, why do you need to stop if you're on the opposite side of the street? The kids aren't getting out on your side of the street. Sure, some may cross the street, but if none do then you're just sitting there for no real reason. You should only have to stop when you're on the opposite side of the street if kids are crossing. If they're not, and no one is crossing the street, you really shouldn't have to stop. 

#17 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

1. I state them. I'm the kind of person who says what they want/mean when they want to. I don't limit myself at all. If I want to say something, I'll say it. If you look ugly in your outfit, I'm going to tell you. 

2. I suppose. I do like attention.

3. Yep. Change is good and its what helps us make new discoveries

4. A month or so. I'd go crazy buying all the stuff I want from amazon. Those $600 hot toys figures would clean me out real fast. 

5. I don't drive. I have a permit, but no license. The only thing I can really think of is, when a school bus has its stop sign out, why do you need to stop if you're on the opposite side of the street? The kids aren't getting out on your side of the street. Sure, some may cross the street, but if none do then you're just sitting there for no real reason. You should only have to stop when you're on the opposite side of the street if kids are crossing. If they're not, and no one is crossing the street, you really shouldn't have to stop. 

:) I noticed the bus stop sign when i was living in the states. At first it made me happy, but after a while it was a little frustrating. lol. I'm glad there is a good idea in place to keep kids safe i suppose. :p 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ask, kylo, anything, ama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users