I'm Boring. AMA

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

Maybe I can come off as less boring if I answer some questions you had for me. Plus I don't remember doing one of these.

So yeah, AMA!

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

I tell you that I am going to lie to you. Then immediately afterwards, I say that you are a beautiful individual who I look up to both artistically and musically. How would you process/interpret my message?

Think of your most favorite feel-good movie or show. Now, imagine yourself as the villain/antagonist of the franchise. This question has three parts:

1. What show/movie did you think?

2. Describe the villain and how they influenced the other characters.

3. After knowing how the villain inadvertently developed the characters into more well-rounded and experienced beings and as a result, created a stronger ending for the heroes, would you have done anything different as the villain?

You are an emotionally and critically perceptive person as far as I know. What is your theory as to why I hyped up AMAs in Codex for the last two days?

#3 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:13 PM

Why and How do you consider yourself boring?

#4 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:51 PM

I tell you that I am going to lie to you. Then immediately afterwards, I say that you are a beautiful individual who I look up to both artistically and musically. How would you process/interpret my message?

Think of your most favorite feel-good movie or show. Now, imagine yourself as the villain/antagonist of the franchise. This question has three parts:

1. What show/movie did you think?

2. Describe the villain and how they influenced the other characters.

3. After knowing how the villain inadvertently developed the characters into more well-rounded and experienced beings and as a result, created a stronger ending for the heroes, would you have done anything different as the villain?

You are an emotionally and critically perceptive person as far as I know. What is your theory as to why I hyped up AMAs in Codex for the last two days?

I interpret it as you not appreciating me musically or artistically, even though your statement was ambiguous at first. I am sad now.

----

1.) I thought of Aladdin.

2.) Jafar is a manipulative figure of power who comes up with schemes to trick characters into getting his way. He seemed to be successful at first, but then the other characters grew smarter, and learned not to fall for his tricks.

3.) Yes. I would use his manipulative powers for the good of others rather than for just myself. Hey, if manipulation is an asset, make the best of it, amirite?

---

Because Codex is dead? Or maybe it's because you want to actually know more about other members.

Why and How do you consider yourself boring?

I'm not a very talkative person in real life, so any type of interaction with me is likely to result in boredom on behalf of the listener. I'm currently working on this problem.

Your user description says you are a music graduate. What did you do, and why are you hoping to switch to something else?

I graduated with a Bachelors of Music in Viola performance. Music was never really my forte (and I hated the viola), nor was it something I wanted to make a career out of. I considered it more of a hobby. I've always considered myself as a creative type of person, so I attempted to study animation and design.

IMO, you have more creative freedom when you are designing and creating art. When you're playing music, it's not really being creative. They only way you can be musically creative is if you write the music. Otherwise, you're just a tool for someone else's creation.

#5 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

I'm quiet too and sometimes I think that makes others more intrigued.

1. Are you quiet because you chose to be deliberately?
2. Were you always quiet?
3. Are there times when you don't feel like being quiet, if so what sort of times are those?
4. Do you feel judged for being quiet?
5. If you watch TV what is your favorite current TV show?

#6 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

I'm quiet too and sometimes I think that makes others more intrigued.

1. Are you quiet because you chose to be deliberately?
2. Were you always quiet?
3. Are there times when you don't feel like being quiet, if so what sort of times are those?
4. Do you feel judged for being quiet?
5. If you watch TV what is your favorite current TV show?

1. Yes. Because I usually stay quiet out of fear of saying something stupid. When people encourage me to speak, I end up saying something stupid or something that makes no sense.

2. No. I was extremely talkative when I was a kid, but when people started telling me to be quiet, I did. :/

3. When I absolutely need to speak to others, I'll speak up. Otherwise, I prefer to keep quiet.

4. All the time. Sometimes I feel like people are trying to get away from me because of my lack of speaking. :(

5. I hardly watch TV, but I do watch The Walking Dead. I'll watch it until I can't put up with it anymore.

#7 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

1. Yes. Because I usually stay quiet out of fear of saying something stupid. When people encourage me to speak, I end up saying something stupid or something that makes no sense.
2. No. I was extremely talkative when I was a kid, but when people started telling me to be quiet, I did. :/
3. When I absolutely need to speak to others, I'll speak up. Otherwise, I prefer to keep quiet.
4. All the time. Sometimes I feel like people are trying to get away from me because of my lack of speaking. :(
5. I hardly watch TV, but I do watch The Walking Dead. I'll watch it until I can't put up with it anymore.

I relate to your answers a lot. I also was outgoing when I was a kid and told to be seen and not heard, and if I was heard they would ignore me or send me to another room. I never put those things together and now I wonder about that..interesting. Also the same thing I don't talk sometimes unless I'm actually being yelled at for being too quiet. That's terrible you feel people try to move away from you because you don't like to talk I'm sorry that's happening to you. In my view there's nothing wrong with you, other people just don't get it.

#8 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:44 PM

When you're upset, do you like to be comforted or to be left alone?

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:14 PM

I relate to your answers a lot. I also was outgoing when I was a kid and told to be seen and not heard, and if I was heard they would ignore me or send me to another room. I never put those things together and now I wonder about that..interesting. Also the same thing I don't talk sometimes unless I'm actually being yelled at for being too quiet. That's terrible you feel people try to move away from you because you don't like to talk I'm sorry that's happening to you. In my view there's nothing wrong with you, other people just don't get it.

It's discouraging sometimes. D: I'm just used to being alone and not talking, but since I'm now coming into a position where I can't do those things, I'm really starting to pay for it.

When you're upset, do you like to be comforted or to be left alone?

I prefer to be left alone. No one's ever comforted me before, but I'm sure that would feel nice.

#10 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:19 PM

Have you ever lost something sentimental and never realized until you found it? Do you think you'd get by just fine if you never found it?

#11 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:39 PM

Have you ever lost something sentimental and never realized until you found it? Do you think you'd get by just fine if you never found it?

I haven't really "lost" this, but I had this rag doll someone made for me when I was a small child. I hadn't seen it in years, I thought I might have lost it or it was given away. About 20 years later, I found it stored away in the basement. I might be able to get by without it, but I like to look at it every now and then.

#12 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

#13 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:37 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

1. I always reserve them. I keep them to myself in hopes that people/things can change for the better, so I don't have to say bad stuff about them. XD

2. Only if I feel like I need people's attention. Otherwise, I just try to keep it to myself.

3. Always! (As long as it's good change...)

4. Probably 10 years. I try to hold on to my money as long as I can, and with a million dollars, I estimate I'd run out of it in 10 years.

5. I can't think of any road rules that are dumb, but I can name several road rules that should exist... XD

#14 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 01:28 PM

1. I always reserve them. I keep them to myself in hopes that people/things can change for the better, so I don't have to say bad stuff about them. XD

2. Only if I feel like I need people's attention. Otherwise, I just try to keep it to myself.

3. Always! (As long as it's good change...)

4. Probably 10 years. I try to hold on to my money as long as I can, and with a million dollars, I estimate I'd run out of it in 10 years.

5. I can't think of any road rules that are dumb, but I can name several road rules that should exist... XD

Which rules would you add?

#15 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:17 PM

Which rules would you add?

Let's see...

Never drive slow in the fast lane.

Never use any form of technology in your hands while driving.

Bikes should always use the sidewalk or STAY IN THEIR BIKE LANES.

Pedestrians should ALWAYS walk in the crosswalk. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Student drivers should have a sticker on their cars signifying that they're beginner drivers. (We have signs on top of the car, but the driver often gets mistaken as the driving teacher)

#16 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2016 - 06:28 PM

Let's see...

Never drive slow in the fast lane.

Never use any form of technology in your hands while driving.

Bikes should always use the sidewalk or STAY IN THEIR BIKE LANES.

Pedestrians should ALWAYS walk in the crosswalk. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Student drivers should have a sticker on their cars signifying that they're beginner drivers. (We have signs on top of the car, but the driver often gets mistaken as the driving teacher)

I think some of those are rule in australia. Good thoughts. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users