New Gal AMA

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:02 PM

Yes another in the rash of Kelvin spurred AMAs. I don't expect many of you will have questions for me but here it is anyway. So after the beep leave a question...Beep.

#2 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:07 PM

1. What are some of your favorite hobbies?

2. Do you like to exercise?

3. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person? Or neither?

4. Who's your favorite musician?

5. Can you recall the best moment of your life?

#3 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:22 PM

1. What are some of your favorite hobbies?
2. Do you like to exercise?
3. Are you more of a cat person or a dog person? Or neither?
4. Who's your favorite musician?
5. Can you recall the best moment of your life?

1. Painting is about my only hobby, possibly drawing a bit as well.
2. I am a both person, buuuuuut I have three cats and only one dog so maybe a little bias lol.
3. His name is Jason Becker, if you have never heard of him look him up on YouTube and try it out!
4. Best is sort of difficult for me. I would have to say that it may be the day I saved our neighbors life, he was a very sick diabetic. He had both of his legs amputated to the knee and had just a few days prior come home from the hospital for a serious blood infection. I was passing by our front bay window and saw him trying to go outside in his wheel chair. Well his chair tipped and threw him onto the ground down a number of concrete steps. His wife's car was gone and I basically ran out of the house in my bathrobe to see if he was ok, he wasn't really moving and I thought maybe he was unconscious. He had smacked his head pretty bad and was bleeding, his arms were skinned up pretty bad too and so I called the ambulance, there's no way I could have picked him up myself and he wasn't able to talk very well. He ended up back in the hospital for the head injury and was ok for a good number of year after and eventually passed from diabetic complications.

Durrr I missed one. Excersize..errr no I hate it since I developed bone spurs. I used to be quite athletic, swimming, field hockey, soccer, weight lifting, track and so on lol.

Thanks for the questions Karla

Changed my avatar to be a highly cropped painting that is my most recent piece.

Edited by Theancientone, 02 November 2016 - 07:33 PM.

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

I feel honored.

You are a moderate acquaintance with someone who is basically far more superior to you in everything that matters. One day, you find them in a metaphoric fetal position, being crushed in a slew of self-destructive tendencies arising from the brightness of their own genius. They claim that the source of their downfall is a failure in a single thing that mattered to them the most. In a twist of fate, that someone requested that you, and only you, console them. They don't want help from anyone else. In the moment when you two are alone in a room, what would you say to them?

In your opinion, what is the best snack/meal you can make/get for 5 USD or less?

After a string of unforeseeable events, you are forced to engage in a death game/battle royale where you are to be the last person alive in an underground tunnel system full of weapons. After a string of debatably fortunate events, you make it out as the sole survivor. After the experience of witnessing so many peoples' lives end and suffering severe trauma yourself, the host of the game takes pity on your and will grant one wish along with setting you free back to the real world. This question will have two parts.

1. Describe at least one traumatic event you would face during the duration of the games.

2. What would you wish for?

#5 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:14 AM

I feel honored.

You are a moderate acquaintance with someone who is basically far more superior to you in everything that matters. One day, you find them in a metaphoric fetal position, being crushed in a slew of self-destructive tendencies arising from the brightness of their own genius. They claim that the source of their downfall is a failure in a single thing that mattered to them the most. In a twist of fate, that someone requested that you, and only you, console them. They don't want help from anyone else. In the moment when you two are alone in a room, what would you say to them?

In your opinion, what is the best snack/meal you can make/get for 5 USD or less?

After a string of unforeseeable events, you are forced to engage in a death game/battle royale where you are to be the last person alive in an underground tunnel system full of weapons. After a string of debatably fortunate events, you make it out as the sole survivor. After the experience of witnessing so many peoples' lives end and suffering severe trauma yourself, the host of the game takes pity on your and will grant one wish along with setting you free back to the real world. This question will have two parts.
1. Describe at least one traumatic event you would face during the duration of the games.
2. What would you wish for?

I've been in that exact position. This person was extremely snooty and disliked me, treated me with nothing but disrespect, going so far as to actually verbally assault me. I also really did to care for them very much, though I try to treat all with respect initially. This person believed they were about to lose a relationship that would, aparently, mean the end of the world for this person. They had taken an overdose of sleeping pills and refused to go to the hospital. So I looked up what to do. I said you need to go into the bathroom and puke as much as you can. They went and puked up the pills, and then I stayed with this person the entire night. And all I said was, things will be as they will be, it is what you chose to do after something happens that matters, your situation is not impossible and throwing away your life is literally stupid. Because if you do you will have zero chance at anything remotely close to what you want to happen, happen. I said, it really isn't your choice, fighting it and making yourself sick and miserable will do nothing. They agreed, after a while of my repeating the same things over and over, they thanked me for being so nice to them etc. I stayed with them until morning. On another note this person managed to repair the relationship and is now married, and has been for almost twenty years.

Snack under $5. Fresh baked corn bread with sugar sprinkled on the top with butter. Approximate cost, $3.75.

1. Obviously witnessing death under anything other then happy (for the person dying) circumstances is difficult to deal with, so I'd say that.
2. To answer the second question, the people in the game along with me, are they dangerous or criminals, or what type of people are they, I can't answer number two without this information?

Thanks for the questions Kelvin.

#6 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

What brought you to Codex?

How long have you been playing on Neopets?

If you had to lose your sight or your hearing, which would you pick? Why?

#7 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

What brought you to Codex?

How long have you been playing on Neopets?

If you had to lose your sight or your hearing, which would you pick? Why?

Good questions.

1. I was looking for an honest, dishonest method to obtain my neo goals, about a day of searching and Ifound codex and decided i also like to read the forums so here I am :)

2. 15 years and a few days on my original main including breaks of course.

3. I would chose sight because to be honest I have seen the most beautiful and the most disturbing things I can actually imagine. I would miss the sky anything else could be discribed to me. Where I cannot at this time see music and know what it sounds like, I really enjoy music.

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:27 PM

Typing your display name is too long. What nickname would you like to be called?

Other than Neopets, what other games (online, platform, etc.) do you play?

Think about one person in your personal life other than yourself that has recently made a regretful choice. This question has two parts.

1. Describe the situation and consequence behind their regretful choice.

2. What are some factors that can lead them to repeat that mistake?

#9 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:01 AM

Nickname..you can call me Caroline if that bends your fork.

Games, not very much anymore where at some points I had five or six running at once. Platforms, mobile, XboxOne. Only game other then Neopets, which I am not playing very much right now, is Minecraft and I don't play that very much anymore either. I had been playing The Division as of a few months ago.

1. This person deliberately chose to have relations with someone who had AIDS not just HIV but aids, and without protection. The obvious consequences are dying of AIDS.
2. He is a "thorny" guy and while I do believe he learned his lesson after a major freak out and getting tested, his "pointer" will get him to do stupid things again, it is only a matter of time.

#10 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

1. Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  2. Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  3. Are you open to change?
  4. If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  5. Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?

#11 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 02:47 AM

• Are you more likely to reserve your negative opinions, or share them without much regard to those who it may affect?
  • Do you ever overreact to things for attention?
  • Are you open to change?
  • If someone handed you a million dollars, how long do you think you would have it before it was all gone?
  • Is there a road rule that you think is just plain dumb?
1. I tend to not talk much about anything, so I would say I wouldn't be likely to discuss my negative feelings.
2. I actually prefer less attention placed on me in the real, it makes me feel awkward, though I'm sure I did when I was a kid, but now a days no.
3. Well what I'd do with it is buy a small house outright, small meaning under two hundred thousand. Make sure it was fixed up and then sit on the rest, so I'd say I'd have most of it for quite a while, maybe twenty years to run it down to nothing, that is if I didn't invest.
4. When talking about driving, no I do not mess with that at all, a car is deadly, the rules are there to keep people from dying, so I don't really feel any of the usual regulations are dumb.

Thanks for the questions :)

#12 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 November 2016 - 03:42 AM

Where are you from? :)

#13 Theancientone

Theancientone
  • 33 posts

Users Awards