80 replies to this topic

#26 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Well hello there

Figured I'd come chat to my international friends because my country is looking less and less habitable.

#27 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

I'm genuinely frightened. It looks like the Republicans will get all three branches of government, because they played obstructionist and didn't let Obama appoint a Justice for like a year. I'm watching the NBC livestream right now. Can't stand Wolf Blitzer or I might watch CNN.

This.

#28 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:09 PM

Figured I'd come chat to my international friends because my country is looking less and less habitable.

Just become a farmer and come to Canada.

#29 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:12 PM

I just might. I think that's better than being on the left in a Trump America. They'll be rounding us up for internment camps, or passing laws that criminalize eating any meat but Trump steaks. Putin's best friend is becoming President of the United States - what a frightening world power scenario.

#30 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:16 PM

I'm so scared. For the first time in my life, I'm physically scared for my safety as a disabled human being. Trump presidency denies my humanity, and the humanity of minorities. How the fuck did we get here?

#31 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

I'm so scared. For the first time in my life, I'm physically scared for my safety as a disabled human being. Trump presidency denies my humanity, and the humanity of minorities. How the fuck did we get here?

Tell me about it. I'm going to lose my healthcare.

#32 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:32 PM

Tell me about it. I'm going to lose my healthcare.

I have a friend with 2 of the same conditions as me. His health insurance denied the life saving brain surgery he needed (he's in the appeal process right now) and now he's going to lose his healthcare. He's already going blind but you know, no big deal....pfft. Just his sight. Not like that's important.

I'm sorry man. This is horrifying for all of us. 

#33 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:35 PM

I have a friend with 2 of the same conditions as me. His health insurance denied the life saving brain surgery he needed (he's in the appeal process right now) and now he's going to lose his healthcare. He's already going blind but you know, no big deal....pfft. Just his sight. Not like that's important.

I'm sorry man. This is horrifying for all of us.

Jesus wept.

I mean we're never going to have a government option for healthcare. Never. And SCOTUS will go Red, because Ginsberg is like one hundred and twenty years old and there's already the vacancy from Scalia.

#34 FelisNoctua

FelisNoctua
  • 657 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

Freaking results website hasn't updated in 30 minutes and I'm going to get an ulcer.

Can't move to Canada. The immigration website has been crashed for an hour.

#35 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:37 PM

Freaking results website hasn't updated in 30 minutes and I'm going to get an ulcer.

It's really close in the remaining states. Less than 100,000 votes difference between them in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, less than 50,000 in Maine and New Mexico.

#36 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:39 PM

Jesus wept.

I mean we're never going to have a government option for healthcare. Never. And SCOTUS will go Red, because Ginsberg is like one hundred and twenty years old and there's already the vacancy from Scalia.

I'm literally on the verge of tears. I can't stand the thought of a red judicial, executive and congressional branch. Women, poc, lgbt, atheists - we're all fucked.

#37 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

// BreakingNews: Russia is moving an aircraft carrier to position off the coast of Syria. They plan to increase bombing runs tomorrow.

War is back on the menu.

#38 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:55 PM

I hope this is the finale of the shitshow that 2016 has been. Pretty sure nothing can top this. 

#39 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:04 PM

// BreakingNews: Russia is moving an aircraft carrier to position off the coast of Syria. They plan to increase bombing runs tomorrow.

War is back on the menu.

Source? The stuff I'm seeing is a couple weeks old

#40 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

I had a feeling I'd wake up to this. It's like fucking Brexit all over again - it can never happen until it actually does.

#41 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:12 PM

I had a feeling I'd wake up to this. It's like fucking Brexit all over again - it can never happen until it actually does.

I was hoping America had learned from GBs mistake. But noooo... I hope that at least this time there won't be any "I didn't think it would actually happen, should have voted HRC"

#42 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:15 PM

Source? The stuff I'm seeing is a couple weeks old

A reporter on NBC said it a minute or so before I posted. He was really upset. Said something like "but do you think we'll be reporting on this tomorrow?"

I think he was their senior foreign correspondent.

#43 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

A reporter on NBC said it a minute or so before I posted. He was really upset. Said something like "but do you think we'll be reporting on this tomorrow?"

Sorry for barging into the convo, but looks like that reporter will have to report on that. Well shit.

#44 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

Thanks I'll try to find a clip or something on it.

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:49 PM

Dow Jones Futures are down 500 points from above 18,000. The Nikkei is down like 6%. US Futures are about to hit their predetermined stopgap percentage (5%); if they hit that, trading will be suspended and the NYSE will plummet when it opens on Wednesday.

Dow Jones Futures are down 500 points from above 18,000. The Nikkei is down like 6%. US Futures are about to hit their predetermined stopgap percentage (5%); if they hit that, trading will be suspended and the NYSE will plummet when it opens on Wednesday.

For the non-investors, basically a 20th of publicly invested wealth in the US just disappeared.

#46 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:03 AM

I never thought trump would win, what's going on :/ I'm happy I don't live there.
What's up with the kid next to trump though, seems like he really doesn't want to be there.

#47 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:34 AM

I never thought trump would win, what's going on :/ I'm happy I don't live there.
What's up with the kid next to trump though, seems like he really doesn't want to be there.

I think that was his youngest son or something. He looked really uncomfortable, and like he was going to pass out.

#48 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:48 AM

as a turbogay I was worried about the election results, then i found like a bunch of gin in my cupboard, now i'm feeling chill/fatalistic

I'm not american but their politics pretty heavily influence my country's lol damn what an unexpected result

#49 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:57 AM

This is a bad joke. Why is the right wing winning everywhere?

#50 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 November 2016 - 01:10 AM

This is a bad joke. Why is the right wing winning everywhere?

Paradigm shift from neocons to populists in right wing parties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users