Stamp Watch thread

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:28 AM

Since TNT have been adding a ridiculous amount of new stamps lately (comparatively), I thought I'd make a little thread to give everyone heads up of new stamps. Might go dead quiet when TNT goes dead quiet on the stamps front, but I think it could be handy.

Why? Well, new stamps are very good moneymakers. Hannah Stamp was the best for this, being the last of a stamp avatar album, but for the first few weeks before they stock often enough to sate the collectors, you can sell stamps for quite a tasty sum.

So let's start, where else, with the two new stamps that came out today!

captain-scarblade.gifmellow-marauders-plushie.gif

Ruler of the Five Seas Stamp (r86) and Mellow Marauders Plushie Stamp (r83)

These stamps are already active and albumable, first is for Other II album page, second for the Krawk Island album page.

Being a reasonably low rarity, sure, they'll stock fairly often. But most importantly because they are <r90, these stamps can be wished for at The Wishing Well!

Wishing Well tends to be pretty generous IMO, since there's less users online wishing nowadays. Remember, you can make 7 wishes every 12 hours, and you only need donate 21np for a wish to "count".

Good luck everyone!

edit: I'm a dumbass. RotFSS is for Other III.

Edited by jaredyne, 10 November 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#2 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:05 AM

Also dont forget to rs in the Igloo for these low rarety stamps

#3 Bonks

Bonks
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:05 AM

They really seem to like adding new items that are r83 lol...but will keep an eye out and try to igloo them

#4 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

Also dont forget to rs in the Igloo for these low rarety stamps

Yeah, thanks for the tip! And if you're RSing in stamps these two are kind of expensive given their low rarity (but they're currently selling for 600k so lol no problem)

#5 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:52 AM

Fresh on the heels of the Other II Stamp Avatar, TNT have released another! This one is based on Maraqua - to get it, just fill your Maraqua stamp album page! (Thankfully, this is one of those pages with no retired/exclusive stamps).

kingkelp.gif

See Our Stamp Listing »

^^

JN

#6 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:11 AM

Fresh on the heels of the Other II Stamp Avatar, TNT have released another! This one is based on Maraqua - to get it, just fill your Maraqua stamp album page! (Thankfully, this is one of those pages with no retired/exclusive stamps).

kingkelp.gif

See Our Stamp Listing »

^^

JN

Oddly enough, despite this being active all day, TNT never announced it in the news. And the avatar is strangely non-animated... But yes, thank you Prisca!

The bottom row of stamps are the most expensive and they have SHOT UP in price. I saw Kelpbeard going for 70 mil earlier today, yesterday it was impossible to shift it for 20 mil hahaha

#7 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:13 AM

Oddly enough, despite this being active all day, TNT never announced it in the news. And the avatar is strangely non-animated... But yes, thank you Prisca!

The bottom row of stamps are the most expensive and they have SHOT UP in price. I saw Kelpbeard going for 70 mil earlier today, yesterday it was impossible to shift it for 20 mil hahaha

I do enjoy the new avatars, but with every new release, my hopes and dreams of becoming a stamp collector one day seem further dashed. lol

#8 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:28 AM

I do enjoy the new avatars, but with every new release, my hopes and dreams of becoming a stamp collector one day seem further dashed. lol

I feel the same way, haha. Those prices are insaaaane. I'm waiting out for another CC, even though TNT said they had no plans for it I'm pretty sure they're gonna do another one, they get so much more site activity during 'em

#9 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

I feel the same way, haha. Those prices are insaaaane. I'm waiting out for another CC, even though TNT said they had no plans for it I'm pretty sure they're gonna do another one, they get so much more site activity during 'em

yeees. My only hope is CC! (besides a secret dupe day lol).... or an super amount of luck Abing :p

#10 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:46 AM

Both excited for this avatar and disappointed it finally came out.
Had been working on Maraqua for awhile now - only had two stamps left.

Probably double in price now.
*grumble grumble* what I get for procrastination... but on the other hand at least I have a near-complete dream BD set I suppose.
Win some lose some. SnBkcEH.gif

#11 Pef

Pef
  • 189 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

Sigh I don't have the money to buy all these stamps  :lol2:

I hope they'll ever give us a seashell avatar  :lol2:

#12 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

Another stamp avatar? Man I need to get buying! Hoping they drop in price, but I doubt they will.

#13 Pef

Pef
  • 189 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:23 AM

The prices are ridiculously inflated  :lol2:

I've had garin to the rescue stamp in my shop for a few months... and now they're like 350k? :lol2:  just in half a day!! :lol2:

Greedy people

#14 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:09 AM

If I had a bunch of them I'd do the same though lol I iust don't want people to do it to me :p

#15 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

Anyone want to make bets on the next stamp avatar released?

I want to say the evil coconut but who knows

#16 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:26 AM

I'm gonna bet on Altador :) 

#17 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

I'm gonna bet on Altador :)

I could see that. Honestly surprised it wasn't a higher priority what with the Altador Cup and all.

That or Neopia Central. Think that's the one I'll focus on next personally.

#18 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:50 PM

Greedy people

THIS!

#19 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:52 PM

Haha, when Faerieland's Stamp Av came out I was like "what's going to be the next stamp av?? Altador for sure, it's got a mix of r99's and r101's that is reasonable and in line with the other stamp avs"

Look at how wrong I was

Hopefully it'll be the next one, but who knows.

Kelpbeard was selling for 100mil today! Insane! The prices should settle in the next month, all the prices for the non-r101's for Other II have finally come down to reasonable prices. Kinda.

Also the MQ stamp avatar for a number of hours had its image replaced with the Other II stamp av, haha. They did eventually fix it though, and got it animated too (and fixed the Other II av so it's the right size finally). Still hasn't been announced in the news for some  reason!

#20 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:13 AM

I'm tossing my vote in for Altador. I was surprised to see an "other" avatar.

#21 Pef

Pef
  • 189 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

I think shenkuu will be next hahaha :D I'm already looking for someone who wants to sell me shenkuu stamp  :lol2:

People are getting hold of them so they can sell them at 100m when the av comes out  :lol2:

#22 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:13 PM

Altador and Shenkuu stamp prices have now gone through the roof.

Altador Colosseum Stamp went from ~9mil to 70mil (can't confirm anybody is buying at that price, it seems very unreasonable)

Even lower-tier stamps like Astronomy club has doubled in price from 40k to 80k, Finneus Stamp has gone from 60k to UB!

As for Shenkuu, Thoughtful Linae Stamp has gone from 35k to UB... wow even Hoban Stamp has gone from 25k to UB, that is insane.

Looks like if you're RSing at stamps you can expect to make SERIOUS BANK for the next little while. If you're on the other end and trying to collect... I'd say back right off for a while, that market is unhealthy.

#23 renegade

renegade
  • 127 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

I hate how greedy people get -_- I mean yeah I get it, we all want neopoints but ffs

#24 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

As I know everybody already noticed, two new Album items were released over GMC.

wea_y18gmc_sta_qasala_mystical.gif

Mystical Surroundings Stamp

from Qasala album

and

coi_y18gmc_scarab_fierygold.gif

Fiery Golden Collectable Scarab

from Scarabs II album

Mystical Surroundings seems to be going for 500k (which is insane considering how easy it was to get!), and Fiery Golden Scarab... is a bit harder to pin a price on. There are a lot of them around, but people seem to be selling them for 1 million already. Also insane, considering how easy they were to get! But as a comparison, the Day and Night Collectable Scarab from GMC 2013 (which was an all-gold-tick prize) is like ~10mil (possibly inflated at the moment, it used to hold steady at 3 mil)

Anyway, I'm telling ya guys, JS is crazy about adding stamps nowadays! Two in one GMC, so strange! Not that I'm complaining ;)

Renegade's right about the greedy people, stamp prices are still ridiculous compared to what they were before the two avatars were released.

#25 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

Stamps are currently running the neoeconomy.

Personally I dont think the next stamp avi will be any of the older albums but only the newer ones.  Personally I think the next one will be Scarab or Coin related.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users