• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 November 2016 - 11:33 PM

Who is your favorite person on Codex? Why?

You can only choose one person, so pick wisely. Why are they your favorite person? How have they influenced you? Let's all share some love.

No picking people sarcastically (unless it's funny then it's okay).

#2 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:06 AM

@Jess in a heartbeat - I'll never forget many of our conversations, excellent book recommendations, putting life and stuffs into a different perspective than I could ever see on my own. I can honestly say she contributed to me becoming a better, wiser person. Her lessons, guidance, and wisdom will be with me always. Truly a good soul & one of the most interesting people I know.

Shame I could only pick one though... at least two others of equal importance to me, always.

#3 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:32 AM

Waser. All my other favs left years ago, so he gets it by default. (Also he's ace and stuff)

#4 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:04 AM

Cara. Need I say more?

Yaay I got my vault suit in the mail! Can't wait for fan expo next month.   ^_^ I'll post a better pic with my pip-boy and hat later!

Spoiler

But in all seriousness. I don't think I could pick just one codex user as there are several that have touched my life in some way or another.

Edited by DonJonathan, 12 November 2016 - 08:05 AM.

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:56 AM

Mishelle. She's the most interesting person here and the most intelligent where it counts. Love her blogs.

#6 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:07 AM

Are you allowed to pick yourself? :p Self love is important too...

#7 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:17 AM

@Coops

She's the only person who really talks to me outside of my posts. 

#8 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

@Jess in a heartbeat - I'll never forget many of our conversations, excellent book recommendations, putting life and stuffs into a different perspective than I could ever see on my own. I can honestly say she contributed to me becoming a better, wiser person. Her lessons, guidance, and wisdom will be with me always. Truly a good soul & one of the most interesting people I know.

Shame I could only pick one though... at least two others of equal importance to me, always.

That was actually extremely sweet. Thank you for sharing that. ^_^

Cara. Need I say more?

But in all seriousness. I don't think I could pick just one codex user as there are several that have touched my life in some way or another.

LOL oh you smooth talker.   :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Well then one pick of the several! Or pick all of them, I don't really care. :p

Mishelle. She's the most interesting person here and the most intelligent where it counts. Love her blogs.

Never read her blogs. Will have to check them out if they're public.....

Are you allowed to pick yourself? :p Self love is important too...

Lol if you explain why and how you have influenced yourself. Go ahead. Now I want to see this. :p

@Coops

She's the only person who really talks to me outside of my posts. 

I was waiting for Coops to be mentioned, she's seemed so down since the election.  :(

#9 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:00 AM

That was actually extremely sweet. Thank you for sharing that. ^_^

Never read her blogs. Will have to check them out if they're public.....

Lol if you explain why and how you have influenced yourself. Go ahead. Now I want to see this. :p

I was waiting for Coops to be mentioned, she's seemed so down since the election.  :(

I'm surprised she hasn't been mentioned sooner. She's been super nice to me. She bought me stardew valley and helped me pay for my new laptop. 

#10 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

Only for you bb :p

Well let's see:

@DonValentino - My spirit animal of Codex. Guy doesn't seem to take life too seriously, his fit and photos are always great. Definitely someone to look up to. 

@Adam - Our hair checks / style talks are always fun. Love seeing pictures of Riley, plus he's got an FMA tattoo, how BA is that? #squadup

@Jess - Probably my closest friend from Codex, we talk about everything from life to food to health trends. Even though she's only a year older than me she feels like a second mom at times. 

@cara - For starters she's from Quebec and an APC fan so that's instantly a win in my books. But beyond that I think that every conversation that I have with her I learn something new or exciting.

#11 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

I crack myself up on a daily basis, no one else really does that to me.

But the real winning point is this, listen to me explain how I mastered the art of the puppy dog eyes. Basically you have to stare in the mirror every night before bed. BUT YOU, the person, have to stay strong, to keep staring into the mirror. It's the reflection in the mirror's job to convince you to stop, without using any words or sounds. Only then, when the puppy eyed person in the mirror has convinced you to stop, can you go to bed. But you, the person staring into the mirror, have to try to resist for as long as you can and keep staring. DO NOT BREAK EYE CONTACT. It's a two-way training, to strengthen your puppy dog eye technique to get what you want, but at the same time strengthening your resistance to the puppy dog eyes, to stay strong against people trying it against you. Two birds with one stone

You're probably thinking one of two things, either "Darren this is the stupidest thing I've ever read", or "Darren this is the most genius thing I've ever read from you" which is one of the greatest backhanded compliments I can get. In fact both outcomes i'll happily take :p

Who else is giving me such top tier solid gold advice like this but me? 

I rest my case.

Spoiler

#12 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:19 PM

Probably punkrockbigmouth. Or Casilla. Both taught me important things about interaction with others, things which I needed to learn and hadn't at a shockingly late point in my life.

I'm holding to the side the many friends I've had here, because they're too numerous. The above two basically reshaped my sense of humor and my critical eye respectively.

#13 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 04:44 AM

Probably punkrockbigmouth. Or Casilla. Both taught me important things about interaction with others, things which I needed to learn and hadn't at a shockingly late point in my life.

I'm holding to the side the many friends I've had here, because they're too numerous. The above two basically reshaped my sense of humor and my critical eye respectively.

*goes to email Lindsay*

#14 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 06:59 AM

@Kate - she's my best friend. 

#15 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 November 2016 - 08:20 AM

Sad I can only choose one but it'd be @Emily by a mile. She's my ride or die.

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:51 AM

My favourite is @iargue for his epic story telling ability. <3

I feel like grabbing me some Subway now that I think about it.

(But honestly, I have too many favourites to choose from, I love y'all, mostly).

#17 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

I seriously couldn't choose a person. Or 10. There are so many important people to me that are part of Codex's history, and I don't think it would be fair to name some of them. I'm just very thankful to be part of this community, with all ups and downs too.

#18 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:21 PM

I love this thread.

I can't really pick one. Q.Q

#19 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:30 PM

I'm surprised she hasn't been mentioned sooner. She's been super nice to me. She bought me stardew valley and helped me pay for my new laptop.

Me too. And that is extremely kind of her. I mean, I knew she was nice but I didn't know she was THAT nice. :p

Ps stardew valley looks fkn awesome

Only for you bb :p

Well let's see:

@DonValentino - My spirit animal of Codex. Guy doesn't seem to take life too seriously, his fit and photos are always great. Definitely someone to look up to. 
@Adam - Our hair checks / style talks are always fun. Love seeing pictures of Riley, plus he's got an FMA tattoo, how BA is that? #squadup
@Jess - Probably my closest friend from Codex, we talk about everything from life to food to health trends. Even though she's only a year older than me she feels like a second mom at times. 
@cara - For starters she's from Quebec and an APC fan so that's instantly a win in my books. But beyond that I think that every conversation that I have with her I learn something new or exciting.

Love it.  :wub:

What is FMA?

Spoiler

Stop being a shit and get all mushy this instant. 

Thanks for sharing.  ^_^

Casilla is definitely before my time but I do wonder where PRBM went ...........

@Kate - she's my best friend.

Sad I can only choose one but it'd be @Emily by a mile. She's my ride or die.

Aww. ^_^  This reminds me of you two:

funny-quotes-about-friends.jpg

(But honestly, I have too many favourites to choose from, I love y'all, mostly).

I seriously couldn't choose a person. Or 10. There are so many important people to me that are part of Codex's history, and I don't think it would be fair to name some of them. I'm just very thankful to be part of this community, with all ups and downs too.

I can't really pick one. Q.Q

You guys!! Pick as many as you want. Or just pick a random few. Share some love!!

If not, that's okay too. But then Strategist is going to have to explain this Subway thing to me. :p

#20 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:40 PM

I 'member

#21 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:57 PM

Okay. Here it goes in no particular order:

@Jess - She remembered me from when I first joined. She challenges me intellectually and always has awesome health/food related information. Also, she said something that was incredibly meaningful to me (on a couple occasions), though I doubt she realizes how much her words meant to me. Knowing she noticed me reminded my life matters to people.

@Emily - She intimidated the fuck out of me when I first came back last year. But she has been nothing but nice, caring and understanding towards me. She encourages people around her and I feel fortunate to have gotten to know her. She's scary smart and is always sharing new perspectives with me. 

@Trichomes - I mostly got to know her in Slack and I'm glad I did. She's incredibly nice and has been willing to listen to me bitch. I hope to always be able to return the favor because it's a powerful thing to feel heard. Plus she's a cat-lover.

@Swarley - He was one of the first people to really engage when I came back last year. He has never been anything but nice to me. I appreciate his honesty with me and he has been an awesome friend to me. He is always willing to share neat med-school stuff with me too, and I love nerd stuff. xD Also, remember when he drew me that amazing af avatar?! <3

@Mishelle - She also intimidated the fuck out of me when I first came back lol. She has taught me so much about so many different things, but has been patient and understanding when I'm ignorant on something, and I know that if I was being a turd she'd unashamedly call me out on it. I appreciate that about her. 

@Cass - She is always checking on me and seeing how I'm doing. I mean you really can't ask for much more than that in a friend. Plus she makes me laugh. 

@Amethyst - He talks to me a lot and nerds out over video games with me. He always listens and is incredibly empathetic. Also, I can appreciate how scary it is to talk to people, so the fact that he is always willing to chat with me is wonderful.

#22 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:01 AM

To many to pick from to hard :S

If it has to be 1 im torn between Waser and Strat.

Waser and me have a long history from other games outside NC and Neo so I have some good memories

Strat he is the main reason I stayed on NC when I came back

That said loads of ppl on NC for me to hard.

#23 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:40 AM

@Scot because I can tell him things I can't tell anyone else and he doesn't judge me. We're awful humans.

#24 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Stop being a shit and get all mushy this instant. 

If not, that's okay too. But then Strategist is going to have to explain this Subway thing to me. :p

1164JShQhwQJTW.gif

The subway thing is probably best left unsaid, let the damn boy rest in peace :p

#25 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:34 AM

@Scot because I can tell him things I can't tell anyone else and he doesn't judge me. We're awful humans.

Isn't that the best?

I honestly feel that way about loads of the Codex ladies, tbh. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: who, dat, be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users