Photo

Dumb Stuff We've All Done...

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Stryker11487

Stryker11487
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:35 PM

So I figure I haven't posted here in years and I'm coming around again to fix that itch that builds up every so often. I figured I'd start off by talking about the absolute biggest regrets or dumbest mistakes we've ever made on Neopets...

Recently, I started back up and decided to put a couple several million dollar + stamps in my album without checking there price, cause they were all the rage years ago.

A couple years ago I was selling calculus basics for a couple hundred grand and now they're hitting around 5 mil a pop... Ohh life choices (same for Snowbunny, 300k+ really? :'(

Forever ago, I got hustled on a rainbow negg trade for a plushie paint brush not the one I actually wanted, I never checked the trade fully out was too excited lol

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:45 PM

Wasted x amount of years on this shitty game that I can't seem to stay away from. 

#3 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:27 PM

I used a FFQ on my old account (that was purged), that I made when I was 10 or so (back when we still had the bar thing at the top of the screen), for a baby Eyrie. I thought baby was just sooo expensive and it would make me seem like I had lots of NP. When in reality I had none, and baby was not expensive. 

#4 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:35 PM

I had a number of Mystery Island Aishas Stamps in my SDB from when I RSed at the Post Office legit, and I was like... these stamps are rubbish, I need the rubbish avatar I'ma toss em.

I had not RSed for a long time. Last time I RSed they were there every refresh and worth nothing

yeah nah they're retired now and UB... why Jared why

#5 Bonks

Bonks
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:53 PM

Get scammed as a kid :(

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 14 November 2016 - 06:11 PM

Didn't realize proxies were a thing when I first joined the scene, and couldn't figure out how I got caught having 20 different accounts under my home IP. 

#7 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 06:34 PM

When I was first playing I had a gallery and filled it with every healing potion. I thought it was the best ever and got pissed at people when they didn't think it was as cool as I did lol

#8 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:01 PM

I also once got iced for telling someone to stop saying they wanted to have sex with my neopet. 

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:06 PM

Middle school me saw a commercial for neopets on TV and thought to myself: Gee, that looks like a totally rad game.

#10 aprilnewcastle

aprilnewcastle
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:56 AM

i once sold a plushie paintbrush for some absurdly low price because i thought it was a plushie paintbrush plushie.

#11 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:10 AM

When I was like 14 I found a phishing site, which I knew was a phishing site, but I wanted to experiment with it and see what they'd do. So I put in the (real) username and password for one of my empty side accounts.

My MAIN account then got hacked and I lost a few mill (which was a lot for me as a kid). I realised when I logged back into the account like a year later that I had once sent myself a neomail, from my main account to my side account with a message like "Hey me, it's me!!" so clearly the hacker just saw that that must be my main. Yes I used the same password for both accounts. I was a genius.

#12 aprilnewcastle

aprilnewcastle
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:20 AM

When I was like 14 I found a phishing site, which I knew was a phishing site, but I wanted to experiment with it and see what they'd do. So I put in the (real) username and password for one of my empty side accounts.

My MAIN account then got hacked and I lost a few mill (which was a lot for me as a kid). I realised when I logged back into the account like a year later that I had once sent myself a neomail, from my main account to my side account with a message like "Hey me, it's me!!" so clearly the hacker just saw that that must be my main. Yes I used the same password for both accounts. I was a genius.

until very recently all of my accounts had the same password. Ito took me 10 years to realize how stupid that is.

#13 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:45 AM

I also once got iced for telling someone to stop saying they wanted to have sex with my neopet. 

I got iced for trying to trade sexual favors for a paintbrush.

#14 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:24 PM

I got iced for trying to trade sexual favors for a paintbrush.

*snorts* oh gosh, same

#15 aidenX

aidenX
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

When I was young, I thought the secret laboratory maps was junk and discarded them.

#16 AtomicKitten

AtomicKitten
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

I got price gouged on UCs. A Lot.

#17 Hush

Hush
  • 339 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 05:21 AM

Scoresended a shockwave game that probably couldn't be played anymore. Got frozen a couple of days later. It was during that time a lot of account got unrightfully frozen so idk if it was because of that or the scoresending. Probably the latter.

Edited by Hush, 27 February 2017 - 05:23 AM.

#18 Unique

Unique
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Putting a pin on my SDB and then forgetting it a few months later
It took them 3 years to answer that damn thing ugh >.>

#19 DarKside

DarKside
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:29 PM

This is a fun topic when you don't want to do homework. lol

Got Iced for telling someone to use sponsor clicks to make NP. Yeah...not very smart. (either that, or the other person trying to start a relationship with me).  :lol2:

#20 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

Every single high tier UC I traded for things worth way less.

#21 Extremesnow

Extremesnow
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:33 AM

I managed to find a Draik in the pound when they were worth like 20 million. And someone neomailed me telling me they would give me a draik mp if i sent the time i was going to pound the draik. They even had all these draik mps in there trades. Probably was like 12 or 13 when it happened and i felt pretty dumb about it thinking back on it :(

#22 honeybun81

honeybun81
  • 14 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:57 AM

I've been playing this game so goddamn long that I remember when the rainbow pool was first introduced, and you got to use it if you clicked on advertisements and signed up for bullshit. If you did a certain amount, you could morph your pet to any species and color you wanted. I used this for all 4 of my crappy pets. I used the FFQ to turn one into a striped tuskaninny. Ugh.

More recently, I traded an UC Mara Gelert (one of my favorite UCs) for a draik just a couple months before the value of draiks plummeted.

#23 sherm

sherm
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:34 PM

well this isnt about neopets, but trading in cs:go. I made sure to use a legit middleman thats available from steamrep to sell a ~$300 knife, turns out the middleman was not actually legit and took my knife and ran. Still dont know why he was listed as a legit middleman to this day but moral of my story for me is never sell anything outside of steam store :(

Edited by sherm, 20 March 2017 - 01:34 PM.

#24 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 12:35 AM

Er....sexual favors for paintbrushes (trying not to judge, but dang that's hardcore) :/

I think one of the dumbest things I've ever done [on neopets] is not put in my real date of birth - as I was an overly paranoid little kid *eyeroll* - and then locked myself out of my account as I couldn't remember the fake birthdate..

Most of the stupid things I've done lately though....and I'm not proud about the intelligence regression.

#25 gyro

gyro
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 04:01 AM

forgetting birthdays/pins or not saving them has been haunting me as an error ever since i started playing.

there's also that time i bought a faerie paint brush plushie for 300k as a kid bc i didn't notice the "plushie" in the name and thought i was getting a great deal LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users