Newbie with some questions

proxies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pandancat

pandancat
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:38 AM

Hello! This is more of a question than an introduction but well,..... I saw the Newbie Application Form and while I am not sure whether I will actually complete everything, still gonna have a try with the 5 facts.

1. Played Neopets after exams as a joke to re-experience the freedom of childhood -----got hooked.

2. Obsessively played for a week, only earned 100K. Bad for eyes, no time to sustain long-term.

3. and hence here I am.

4. Thought Neopets was pretty much a dead site, surprised to find people actually still use it

5. which is great because I have hopes of rebuilding a circle of neofriends :') 

That was bad but anyways, I can't really find where to post this particular question so here goes. Downloaded the Neocodex Program Manager, started using some cool stuff on it with my current only main account. Specifically, I've used the Pyramid player and Abrosia.

After some time, I found out about proxies and avoiding getting freezed etc. So far I don't think my activity looks suspicious enough to be freezed but I would like to start using proxies because I am thinking of having a few accounts like I used to. Unfortunately, I am supposed to have done that before even using the program. Now, my real IP is linked to my account and I don't really know how to start using proxies.

Do I uninstall the Program Manager, do the proxy stuff, create new neopets account while under these proxies,then reinstall the Program Manager? Can I just leave my main on my real IP or is it too risky and I should prepare a new main? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am so confused HAHA sorry I am absolute tech noob D:

The two guides I am referring to:

http://www.neocodex....nd-use-proxies/

http://www.neocodex....orking-proxies/

#2 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:11 PM

Don't need to uninstall the Program Manager -- simply log off your current Neopets account on the Neocodex Program Manager, then create a new Neopets account with the proxies, and then login to that new account with the program manager. Make sure the program manager is using the proxies as well at that point of course.

You can indeed leave your main on your current IP. Proxies are just to ensure that your accounts aren't linked together really, so if your main is already linked to your real IP it should be okay. In any case if you're using only one account, the risk has nothing to do with your IP, and everything to do with whether your activities on that account are risky.

Also. Welcome to Codex! :D

#3 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:03 AM

and you have to do some big things to get IP banned anyways.

but do what @Junjie said and you will be fine

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: proxies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users