travel vacations vacation

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

Where would you like to travel to? Where would you go if someone gave you a free trip? Anyone have vacation plans being made?

I'm always looking at flights even if I'm not going anywhere yet. Dubai and Cuba are on my radar right now :D 

#2 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:12 PM

Anywhere that's not Stockton, I just wanna go home.

Seriously though, Iceland is a goal for next year.

#3 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

Anywhere that's not Stockton, I just wanna go home.

Seriously though, Iceland is a goal for next year.

Iceland is high on my list, too! Flights out of Boston are cheaper than I thought and the flight would be shorter to go there than California!

#4 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:28 PM

I've run out of places I particularly want to go.

#5 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 03:50 PM

Well I'm going home to Montreal for Christmas but that doesn't exactly count as a vacation.

I'm hoping to visit Hobo in Scotland this summer. Just gotta see my next school semester's schedule first!

#6 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:21 PM

Well I'm going home to Montreal for Christmas but that doesn't exactly count as a vacation.

I'm hoping to visit Hobo in Scotland this summer. Just gotta see my next school semester's schedule first!

@cara I LOVE Montreal! I have a lot of friends up there and living in New Hampshire makes it a quick weekend getaway :) It's a beautiful city.

#7 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

I want to go anywhere where it isn't so hot. Summer is the worst season and it is happening too soon :V

Maybe New Zealand? That would be fun.

#8 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:32 PM

@cara I LOVE Montreal! I have a lot of friends up there and living in New Hampshire makes it a quick weekend getaway :) It's a beautiful city.

Haha everyone tells me that. I suppose since I'm from there it's not very interesting to me. But I am looking forward to the steamed hotdogs and smoked meat ...............

#9 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:42 PM

New Zealand or South Africa :) 

I mean I wouldn't really complain going anywhere... and I do have strong desire to go to London sooooo (: 

#10 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:28 AM

Shikoku in Japan for the Shikoku pilgrimage. Or India to visit Benares, Sarnath and the Bodh Gaya. (Buddhist if you can't tell)

I wouldn't spend my own money to travel most anywhere else before I've been to those two countries. I've seen a good bit of the US, and a small sampling of Europe, Canada and the Caribbean. But mostly on touristy trips. I don't like that sort of travel, even if you do get to see the Louvre and the Mona Lisa or whatever.

I've just rewatched The Darjeeling Limited, which is all about India, and it's just got me in a really funny mood.

#11 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

Shikoku in Japan for the Shikoku pilgrimage. Or India to visit Benares, Sarnath and the Bodh Gaya. (Buddhist if you can't tell)

I wouldn't spend my own money to travel most anywhere else before I've been to those two countries. I've seen a good bit of the US, and a small sampling of Europe, Canada and the Caribbean. But mostly on touristy trips. I don't like that sort of travel, even if you do get to see the Louvre and the Mona Lisa or whatever.

I've just rewatched The Darjeeling Limited, which is all about India, and it's just got me in a really funny mood.

The Mona Lisa is small and dingy. The only point of the Louvre is to try and break the Louvre Record and pretend you're in Bande à part.

#12 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:12 AM

The Mona Lisa is small and dingy. The only point of the Louvre is to try and break the Louvre Record and pretend you're in Bande à part.

I was in Paris last month, but didn't get to go to the Louve. Next time! I did see the real statue of David before and that was kind of underwhelming.

#13 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

Iceland is high on my list, too! Flights out of Boston are cheaper than I thought and the flight would be shorter to go there than California!

Yeah, Icelandair offer free stopovers for up to a week in Iceland en route to New York and we are planning on going to New York next year so two birds, one stone.

#14 iKate

iKate
  • Cat Lady

• 1707 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

So many! I love traveling. India, New Zealand, Norway, Japan, (South)Africa,..

I'd like to visit London again, I fell in love with the squirrels.

#15 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:52 PM

Does anyone have airline loyalty? I just book whatever airline is cheapest and most convenient. I will pay an extra $50 or so to not have a 6 hour layover somewhere though  :lol2:

#16 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 04:48 PM

Ireland, I think. Really anywhere. I'm going to the Bahamas soon though because my mom has decided that is where she is taking the entire family. It will be too many people but fun probably

#17 rei

rei
  • 119 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 06:56 PM

There's many places, but maybe Japan next.

#18 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, Icelandair offer free stopovers for up to a week in Iceland en route to New York and we are planning on going to New York next year so two birds, one stone.

You mean like, they put you up for a week in a hotel? Because that's not a half bad promotional idea for an out of the way place like Iceland.

#19 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:03 PM

Does anyone have airline loyalty? I just book whatever airline is cheapest and most convenient. I will pay an extra $50 or so to not have a 6 hour layover somewhere though  :lol2:

I'm with you, whatever's cheapest without having insane layovers (lolll 20-hour layover in Shanghai is a mistake you only make once... though it was $1k+ cheaper than the others because I'm an idiot who books last-minute)

I do have airlines that I'll never fly with though, usually the cheap ones that fly through their own cheapie airpots (the low-cost airport in KL... ughhh never again)

#20 Bee

Bee
  • 1169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

You mean like, they put you up for a week in a hotel? Because that's not a half bad promotional idea for an out of the way place like Iceland.

I think you'd have to book the hotel yourself, but you have a choice of how long you'd like to stay in Iceland before continuing your trip. A week's plenty enough to do Icelandic things, methinks.

#21 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:12 AM

gosh, i want to visit all countries!

i'm mostly drawn to nature and culture tho so i probably gonna visit tourist places in asia first before anywhere else... especially US (since i'm gay and muslim :crybaby:).

#22 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

I'd like to visit London again, I fell in love with the squirrels.

Ugh. Horrible overly-friendly rats. *shudders*

A week's plenty enough to do Icelandic things, methinks.

Depends on the time of year. I've got a good 2 week itinerary for summer! In winter you only need about 4 days because much more of the island is harder to access.

#23 Prisca

Prisca
  • Clouded Liberty

• 2494 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

I want to travel all around the world! <3 so many things to see on this big ol' planet.  :)

#24 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:49 PM

They don't give you a place to stay, but you basically get a few days as a layover.

I'm with you, whatever's cheapest without having insane layovers (lolll 20-hour layover in Shanghai is a mistake you only make once... though it was $1k+ cheaper than the others because I'm an idiot who books last-minute)

I do have airlines that I'll never fly with though, usually the cheap ones that fly through their own cheapie airpots (the low-cost airport in KL... ughhh never again)

Oh man that's long lol I think I would do one that long though if I could get out of the airport and quickly see the city. I've flown Spirit Airlines which is a super low cost US airline and I thought they were going to charge me for a seatbelt XD

Depends on the time of year. I've got a good 2 week itinerary for summer! In winter you only need about 4 days because much more of the island is harder to access.

My friend went to Iceland in the winter and loved it. She said the northern lights are so incredible up there and mainly visible in the winter.

gosh, i want to visit all countries!

i'm mostly drawn to nature and culture tho so i probably gonna visit tourist places in asia first before anywhere else... especially US (since i'm gay and muslim :crybaby:).

Gay here also and yeah sometimes that plays a part in my vacation destinations. 

Lol plenty of squirrels here and when I visit NYC i love to see tourists freak out about them. They are taking pictures of them all the time :)

#25 pyropes

pyropes
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

Anywhere but where i am :p

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: travel, vacations, vacation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users