12 replies to this topic

#1 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:59 PM

You guys pick up anything good?

So far I've gotten Homeworld 1 and 2 remastered, Starbound, FTL, and Star Wars: KotOR II for a grand total of 25 bucks. Praise Gaben!

Even though I bought KotOR II on disc at one point, I don't mind paying the 3 bucks or whatever to own a digital copy that I can continue to install on new PCs into the future. Wish I could say the same for Homeworld. I really wish I had played it when it first came out. I've already dived into that for a few hours yesterday.

#2 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:25 PM

Looks like a good haul. 

My PC is too old to play games these days, but I think I might make my first video game purchase in years and get FFXV tomorrow (my brother has a ps4).

#3 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 09:43 PM

Looks like a good haul. 

My PC is too old to play games these days.

That's sort of why I picked up 3 games that came out years ago; my MBP is six years old now.

Until recently I was playing my way through the final fantasy series. I still intend to do it, but I'm waiting for a better version of 5 and 6 before I play those. I, II, III and IV were all great. The remakes of III and IV on DS are fantastic. I have also played 7, 10, 10-2, and 12. I didn't buy the more recent trilogy thing that came out - it seemed really gimicky, like they were trying to be a yearly franchise like COD or something. Really devalued the brand for me.

#4 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:06 PM

Edit: wrong copy/paste lmao.

Bought Payday 2

#5 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:36 PM

That's sort of why I picked up 3 games that came out years ago; my MBP is six years old now.

Until recently I was playing my way through the final fantasy series. I still intend to do it, but I'm waiting for a better version of 5 and 6 before I play those. I, II, III and IV were all great. The remakes of III and IV on DS are fantastic. I have also played 7, 10, 10-2, and 12. I didn't buy the more recent trilogy thing that came out - it seemed really gimicky, like they were trying to be a yearly franchise like COD or something. Really devalued the brand for me.

◉_◉

I don't see IX in that list.

I only bought Stardew Valley today and it's only because I wanted to support the creator.

#6 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

◉_◉

I don't see IX in that list.

I only bought Stardew Valley today and it's only because I wanted to support the creator.

I debated between Stardew Valley and Starbound for that very reason :\

As for IX, I never had an original Playstation, so I didn't play it on release. There's now a PC version in the Steam store, but no OSX option. It's also 20 dollars... for a 20 year old game that's kinda steep. I bought a digital version of VII for about that much, and I must say I could have saved 19 dollars and just bought the CDs.

There are supposed to be ports of IX for iOS and Android, so I might look into that. Kinda janky playing a long format RPG on a phone though. And the reason I'm waiting on 5 and 6 is because I bought them from Steam but apparently they're iOS ports, so they've got all these touchscreen mechanics that don't work on a traditional PC.

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:02 PM

I debated between Stardew Valley and Starbound for that very reason :\

As for IX, I never had an original Playstation, so I didn't play it on release. There's now a PC version in the Steam store, but no OSX option. It's also 20 dollars... for a 20 year old game that's kinda steep. I bought a digital version of VII for about that much, and I must say I could have saved 19 dollars and just bought the CDs.

There are supposed to be ports of IX for iOS and Android, so I might look into that. Kinda janky playing a long format RPG on a phone though. And the reason I'm waiting on 5 and 6 is because I bought them from Steam but apparently they're iOS ports, so they've got all these touchscreen mechanics that don't work on a traditional PC.

You have good points there, but I would still really urge you to play IX if you find a more cost effective opportunity. It really captures the essence of pre-VII final fantasies and there's even easter eggs throughout the game of past titles. The gameplay is considered the easiest of all Final Fantasies, but that works in its favor to give more attention to all the storyline, characters, and world.

Definitely don't play it on your phone. I can't imagine playing certain parts of that game on the phone. I have the PC Steam version and I consider the remastered graphics very beautiful in context to playing the PS1 version annually for the past *cough* number of years.

#8 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

You have good points there, but I would still really urge you to play IX if you find a more cost effective opportunity. It really captures the essence of pre-VII final fantasies and there's even easter eggs throughout the game of past titles. The gameplay is considered the easiest of all Final Fantasies, but that works in its favor to give more attention to all the storyline, characters, and world.

Definitely don't play it on your phone. I can't imagine playing certain parts of that game on the phone. I have the PC Steam version and I consider the remastered graphics very beautiful in context to playing the PS1 version annually for the past *cough* number of years.

I mean I have a Windows tower, but it's running XP. It won't run the V and VI ports. I doubt it'll run anything released in the last 5 years. Windows always wants another 150 bucks to make their OS work with new software, whereas Apple never shuts up about giving me a free update to the latest OS X.

I have quite a few to play through before I hit IX though. VI is rated almost as highly as IX, so I don't think I'll be skipping around.

BTW guys, if you haven't had the pleasure, pick up Homeworld. It's fucking hard. A 15 year old, single player, RTS that's challenging? Wut? I know, but it's good.

#9 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

I bought nothing really important...just anime honey pop (Purino Party)

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:24 PM

I'm broke and pissed about missing out on fallout 4 + season pass :I

#11 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

XII is probably my favorite game ever, I don't think I ever put as much time into anything else (besides maybe Pokemon when I was a kid). I'd never played something that was so massive in scope but not overbearing, I had a lot of fun playing it. Never played a FF before 12. And you were right not to get into XIII/XIII-2, I got them and was very disappointed. Too linear and not immersive. 

#12 vscotto

vscotto
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:18 AM

I am waiting for the Christmas sales to start to make my purchases 

#13 BestNidShotNA

BestNidShotNA
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

can't wait for the steam sale! I always enjoy playing games for the first time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users