Quantcast

Photo

Semi-Legit Restocking, 100% client side!

restocking semi-legit highlighting

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 ayyylmao

ayyylmao
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hello all! I recently came back to Neopets. It's relatively dead now, as most people probably know, but I'm currently on winter break from school and have a lot of time to kill. Because items move so slowly thanks to a massive reduction in playerbase, restocking isn't nearly as easy money as it was before, but I still enjoy it on occasion and wanted to share my guide on how I semi-legit restock in a way that is 100% client side and cannot be detected by TNT if you are smart.

I originally learned the basic idea behind this method from Fourjack's guide here, so if you find his useful too, please rep him as well!

Introduction

I'm a restocker and I play 99% legit... but who doesn't want an advantage? Especially today when dozens of items can potentially restock in a store, it can be agonizing to try and identify what is a profit and what isn't. When I used to play, anything that was 2500 or 5000 was generally a safe bet, but today that's no longer the case in my usual stores.

This method is 100% client side. What this means is that you don't do anything that can be detected by TNT. Where as other methods like auto-haggling and adblocking non-profitable items is something that can be seen server side, this cannot because it simply modifies the appearance of text on your browser only, after the page loads. However, being dumb with this method can still raise some flags, so if you are concerned, I explain how to be smart with it in a section below.

To sum it up, you'll be able to use the NeoCodex prices (or any prices) to blank out anything that isn't profitable, as well as highlight items that are profitable in different tiers. This way, rather than having to scan the page and check prices or just take a gamble, you'll be able to immediately pick out items that are worth a profit.

For example, we can turn this...

Spoiler

Into this...

Spoiler

Plus, this works on any website! You can configure this how you please, so if you want to use a different price list or use this on a different game, no problem. Anything page that loads in Chrome can have this applied to it.

What You Need

For this guide, you need the following:

• Chrome
    • Firefox should work as well, but I haven't tested it because I use Chrome.
  • Tampermonkey
    • As above, Greasemonkey should work, but again, haven't used it.
  • The scripts on this page
  • A quick eye/typing, as you're still manually searching the page and haggling

Getting Started

First things first, get your browser situated. Install Chrome and the Tampermonkey addon.

Next, you'll want to import the BLANK version of the script that you can modify in the next steps.

Copy/paste the entire thing into a new Tampermonkey script. Next, we modify the ==UserScript== section. For this tutorial, we will be using the Grooming Parlor.

• @name: Name this whatever you want! This is what will show in the "Installed userscripts" section, so name it whatever you want.
  • @match: Copy/paste the URL for the store you want here. The FULL URL.
  • You can modify other parts as well, but it's just credits and don't really mean anything. Just for fun, really.

When complete, it should look like this:

Spoiler

Congrats. You now have the script installed, and are ready to start adding items. You can test it out before you start adding items if you want, but it's pretty hard to mess up! We'll use three more webpages for adding items...

First, pick whatever store you are looking to set this up in. Then choose to sort by Profit -> Descending and Items per page to 100. This will list the top 100 most profitable items in that shop.

Spoiler

Next, you'll have to decide what you want your "tiers" to be. The script allows unlimited numbers of tiers if you want to modify it, but my stock script has four: blank, red, yellow, green. You can set them up however you like, but I personally do the following:

• Blank: <10,000 NP profit
  • Red: 10,000-20,000 NP Profit
  • Yellow: 20,001-99,999 NP Profit
  • Green: >100,000 NP Profit ("Unbuyable")

Personally, I don't bother with items that are under a 10K profit. I have way too many items lying around because of the way slower Neopets economy as is, and I find that dealing with those items is a pain in the ass. But this is a tutorial to this script, not restocking in general, so I'll let you do things how you want. ;)

Once you've chosen what your "Green" profit minimum will be, highlight the page up to the last item that is priced there. For example, in the Grooming Parlor list, I want to highlight everything that is above 100,000 NP profit.

As an example, here's what it would look like in the Grooming Parlor:

Spoiler

Next, press Ctrl+C (or right click -> copy). Yes, including the price and image.

Open the ghostdub.de link above, and simply PASTE the copy into the box and press submit. If you did it correctly, you'll get a list of items that stripped out everything but the item name.

Spoiler

Now, copy the list of items that you've made and open the TextMechanic.com link above. This brings us to our next tool, so we can format the list appropriately to use in the script.

Paste the formatted list of items into the box at the top, then set the following:

• Prefix: "
  • Suffix: ",
Spoiler

Then, simply click the "Add Prefix and/or Suffix" button! Your output so far should look like this:

Spoiler

Finally, we are going to open the script in Tampermonkey. Scroll down to the appropriate color (in this case, green), and replace the blank quotes with the formatted text. So, in this example you would end up with...

Spoiler

Spaces don't matter, but be sure to remove the comma from the last item on the list.

Congrats! You've now set up the script to identify the three >100,000 NP items in the Beauty Shop. Whenever one of these items is restocked in that shop, you will see the name appear with a black background and neon green text. Whenever you see neon green, you know you've just made a huge profit if you get the item.

Now repeat all the above steps. It takes a while, but it's worth it.

Using my tiers, my code would look like this when it's all finished. I stopped before adding all <10,000 NP items because it was seven pages, but you should continue to do all of them for this to be optimal. This will BLANK any item that is under 10,000 NP profit in the Grooming Parlor, and then color everything worth above that based on how much profit.

Spoiler

If it's correct, you can now go to the Grooming Parlor and see that all the non-profitable item names are now white on white, or effectively erased. Any item names that you DO see are items  that are a 10,000 NP profit or more.

Not Getting Caught

As stated in the intro, the only way you can get caught using this is by being dumb and making yourself look too good. This is entirely client side, so the Neopets servers cannot tell you are doing it... but they can tell that the only thing you ever buy is a huge profit, and you never trip up!

To remedy this, whenever I snag a huge profit or a bunch of smaller profits, I will buy one of the 2500-5000 NP items that are not profitable. This way, you don't look like a perfect buyer. It shows that you make mistakes (which throws off their trail). After all, if you're cheating, why would you ever buy non-profitable things? ;) Then just throw it in your store and recoup as much as you can. You'll lose 1,000-3,000 NP on it, but you just made a profit of potentially over 100,000, so who cares? You're still way, way, way in the green.

FAQ

Q: Do I have to do this for every store?

A: Technically, no. However, the list gets extremely bloated and hard to manage if you do a lot of stores, so I always just make a separate script for each store.

Q: Does this cause lag or make pages load slower?

A: No. Because this script modifies the page after it loads, the page will load with no issues and then make modifications.

Q: This sucks, I can just run an autobuyer instead!

A: Sure! But again, this is something that is undetectable by TNT. As long as you are careful, you will not be caught for this.

Q: Is this safe for main accounts?

A: No cheating is ever 100% safe. However... I do use this method daily on my main account of 13 years, and have been using it for the past two years. I have never been warned or frozen even once by TNT.

Q: Can I change the colors?

A: Yes. The "addGlobalStyle" contains the hex codes. Simply replace them as you please, or add additional CSS!

Q: Can I add more tiers?

A: Sure! Just add an additional GlobalStyle and a new defwords section that uses that new GlobalStyle.

Q: I bought an item that ended up not being a profit!

A: This is only as accurate as the NeoCodex prices are. If the price is off, or has been set to something incorrect, you will get false positives. Edit the script and remove that item for future use. For example, however it happened, once I bought several Reject Dung Mote Lolly because the NeoCodex db listed them as a 11,000 NP profit. Then I went to check, and they were only worth around 100 NP or so... oops.

Q: Only some of a word is being blocked!

A: Items that have a partial match colored will not trigger the other colors. For example, if you have "Ham" in the block list, but "Pea and Ham Baby Food" in the Red list, "Ham" will be blocked and then "Pea and Ham Baby Food" won't trigger, because the script only sees "Pea and" and "Baby Food". You can solve this by placing the BLANK list below the other lists. Just cut and paste it and move it over.

Q: Only some of a word is being blocked, and they are in the same tier!

A: Simply move the partial name lower on the list. Using the same example above, if "Ham" is below the "Pea and Ham Baby Food", it will block "Pea and Ham Baby Food" and "Ham".

Edited by ayyylmao, 15 December 2016 - 08:58 AM.

#2 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:50 PM

To add to this, you can also use adblock and block the images of unprofitable items. Though you'll have to turn it off if you need to search and buy it, or move it out of inventory without quickstock.

#3 ayyylmao

ayyylmao
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Right, that can be added in as well. But as stated in the guide, that can be detected server side because it blocks images from loading. It's inherently more dangerous, but is an option if you want to take the risk.

#4 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:47 PM

Sure, image blocking can theoretically be detected, but I would be extremely surprised if TNT kept logs of specifically what image requests your browser was sending in a session, that would be quite unreasonable (like, even storing that would be nuts, let alone managing to use the information for any useful purpose).

Like the highlights though, that's a handy way to do it.

#5 Dreamingthicc

Dreamingthicc
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

Sorry for necro-ing!

I followed the guide, however the page (I tried it for the magic shop first) loads like this :

[spoiler]

5hfpnVl.png

[/spoiler]

Does anyone know how to fix this / what I did wrong?

Edited by Dreamingthicc, 11 May 2017 - 10:14 AM.

#6 Deoxys

Deoxys
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:46 AM

Wow, gr8 guide!

Thanks!

#7 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

Sorry for necro-ing!

I followed the guide, however the page (I tried it for the magic shop first) loads like this :

[spoiler]

5hfpnVl.png

[/spoiler]

Does anyone know how to fix this / what I did wrong?

I got the same span class script AND its not highlighting desired text. any fixes?

So I adapted this userscript, its not as fancy but does work. Change the blue stuff!

Spoiler

Edited by neobo, 15 June 2017 - 07:27 PM.

#8 Sorbetgirl

Sorbetgirl
  • 10 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

wow great idea! will try..

#9 Charlie

Charlie
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

As far as I can tell, changing line 144 fixes it.  Updated script: https://pastebin.com/uEYy37QM

#10 Carmella

Carmella
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:52 PM

Hi guys, I'm trying to edit the script for Magical Bookshop for >100k profit only (maybe red colour) and 50k-99,999np (for green) but I don't know how. 

http://oi67.tinypic.com/e5l4q9.jpg :|  sigh such a noob at programming and stuff

Can someone please paste the entire TamperMonkey Script for me if possible? Thank you ><

Edited by Carmella, 15 September 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#11 Cheyenne

Cheyenne
  • 97 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

Yes, it looks like this script has stopped working. TNT must've changed something around on the site. When I activate the script, a bunch of gibberish shows up on the screen just like the screenshot Dreamingthicc posted. I love this script, I'd be so happy to see it updated and working again! I'll try messing around with neobo's script for now. Thanks for that by the way!

#12 xonion94

xonion94
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:31 PM

I just installed the script and everything is working apparently fine. I had the same problem you guys had, and it looks like the problem lies in the blank section of the code.

1. // BLANK items. Items in this list will appear as white on white and be functionally invisible.
  3.     defwords([
  4. ""
  5.         ], "blank");

In this part, if you leave the double " " there, it implies that, everything which is not in the other categories, is going to be modified, including all the non item text, so all I did was deleting the " " and everything went back to normal. If you have this problem, try this :D

#13 Cheyenne

Cheyenne
  • 97 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2018 - 04:18 PM

Deleting the double "" in the blank section helped to clear some of the gibberish. Then I tried deleting the double "" in the red section. That did it for me! And now it works perfectly so far! Thanks for looking into it! :hug:

#14 ziron2000

ziron2000
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:02 PM

Has anybody got a similar script to this but instead of highlighting the profitable ones or fully hides the non profitable items and brings all the profitable upto the top row. This would get rid of the need for any scrolling

#15 JekkSteele

JekkSteele
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 07:28 PM

I'm having issues with partial words being colored.

I have Conditioner in the green list

Gravy Conditioner in the blank list

However, whether the blank list is above or below the green list, Gravy Conditioner always has "conditioner" highlighted.  Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

#16 saesia

saesia
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

thanks for the guide!! ^_^

#17 nebulous

nebulous
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 11:15 AM

I know this guide is a tad old, I followed everything to T but nothing at all is being highlighted for me it just looks totally normal :( are there any newer scripts or would anyone be able to help? 

thanks for the guide!! ^_^

Hey, I notice you've had success with this guide recently, would you be able to give me any insight in how you got it to work?

Edited by nebulous, 26 August 2019 - 11:15 AM.

#18 goldfish22

goldfish22
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:47 PM

Works perfect - i did have to delete "" in blank section as well to clear up the extra lettering all over. EZ!

#19 MercenaryCheerLeader

MercenaryCheerLeader
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 09:26 AM

Will there be an update to the script to account for the Neopets Beta changes. It appears that the url for shops is different in Beta than it is in Classic. 

"104 Neopian shops are now available to peruse on any device. We can't list all 104 here, but if you're used to seeing "/objects.phtml?type=shop&obj_type=" in the URL for a shop, rest assured it's been converted. We've also set the "Shop" link in the navigation bar to temporarily send you to Neopian Fresh Foods to get a taste of these shop upgrades. Happy shopping! "

For example, shop 4 looks like this now: " .com/objects.phtml?obj_type=4&type=shop " 

Edited by MercenaryCheerLeader, 18 May 2020 - 09:27 AM.

#20 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:51 PM

You should just be able to edit the URL for the userscript. I don't have access to the beta, but assuming there's no major changes, it should be an easy fix. 

You should also be able to opt out of the beta in the meantime. 

#21 luboo729

luboo729
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:01 PM

thanks for the guide. the ghostdub.de site is down. any work around for this step?

#22 JekkSteele

JekkSteele
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

thanks for the guide. the ghostdub.de site is down. any work around for this step?

http://dyn.kanojo.de/~eefi/listgen.php

funny enough, that used to be the one that worked before ghostdub, then it went down and ghostdub was created...now it seems things have come full circle.

#23 Eucantus

Eucantus
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 09:09 PM

Man, and I just got done making a tiny python script to strip out and the unnecessary stuff and quotify, too. Didn't know there was a replacement for ghostdub. Ah well, just one tab for me, then.

Edited by Eucantus, 14 December 2020 - 09:09 PM.

#24 JekkSteele

JekkSteele
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 December 2020 - 01:31 PM

Man, and I just got done making a tiny python script to strip out and the unnecessary stuff and quotify, too. Didn't know there was a replacement for ghostdub. Ah well, just one tab for me, then.

Nothing wrong with making your own version, at least you know it'll always be up when you need it!

#25 orangetietop

orangetietop
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:35 PM

Is it just me or are the spoiler sections empty? I haven't really used scripts before so I'm struggling to use this without visual guides.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: restocking, semi-legit, highlighting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users