94 replies to this topic

#1 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2016 - 07:45 PM

pokemon-750.jpg

So, I noticed that we have a lot of Pokemon fans here. We even have Status Updates saying things like "Sorry I was away, was playing Pokemon Sun and it was awesome" (which I did do myself too), but not a lot of discussion here on our forums.

So here's a topic where you can share how was your day in your Pokemon game / for anything related to Pokemon that happened today. Be it on Pokemon Go, Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, ORAS, XY, Showdown, the anime, real-life, or anything else.

I'll start! Today, I went out for breakfast with my parents, and also caught some Pokemon on the Pokemon Go app along the way with them, as always. The game has really helped us bond over this common interest; I don't recall hanging out with them as much before it came out.

Then I came home, and on my 3DS, I had fun with a few rounds of Festival Plaza games on Pokemon Sun. I first got into the Plaza as a way of farming bottle caps, which I'm still doing, but now I simply enjoy the Mission games there. I've found it a decent way to unwind after a day's work, or simply to chill out.

And now I am posting a Pokemon-related topic on an online forum, haha. A decent way of spending my first day of my holiday from work, I reckon - I don't go back to work till next, next Tuesday.

How was your day in Pokemon?

#2 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

I'm trying to breed a decent, usable female Salandit but haven't been getting anything so far. I found a wild female but she is garbage :/ I know you don't need perfect Pokemon for story mode but it would be nice having something even semi-decent lmao

Haven't gotten a chance to play much recently though, too busy with retail shitmas season work D; (for anyone who cares, I got my work visa and a job!!)

#3 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 16 December 2016 - 08:38 PM

Does showdown count? 

Of course it does don't be silly.

My girlfriend 6-0ed me with a fucking jumpluff. 

#4 Starving

Starving
  • 35 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:37 PM

Does showdown count? 

With what set did the Jumpluff in order to 6-0 you?

#5 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 05:49 AM

Does showdown count? 

I would say showdown counts. Post any good replays :')

#6 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:13 AM

I would say showdown counts. Post any good replays :')

Added in Showdown to the OP haha. Because I too would like to see this. :p

And yes, I would also like to know what set she was running. That sounds pretty formidable @Amethyst

I'm trying to breed a decent, usable female Salandit but haven't been getting anything so far. I found a wild female but she is garbage :/ I know you don't need perfect Pokemon for story mode but it would be nice having something even semi-decent lmao

Haven't gotten a chance to play much recently though, too busy with retail shitmas season work D; (for anyone who cares, I got my work visa and a job!!)

I remember being quite happy that my first encounter with a Salandit got me a female one -- I think I met a male one but he promptly SOS called a female one with minimal provocation from me. Soon I got around to training and evolving her...but she always seemed pretty frail and not all that powerful. Ah wells. I haven't been doing a lot of breeding/EV training/that sort of stuff yet, I suppose I'll get round to it eventually. I've already farmed many Bottle Caps so that should come in handy too.

And, I'm not really familiar with your situation but that sounds good @Turnip , congratulations!!

#7 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

I remember being quite happy that my first encounter with a Salandit got me a female one -- I think I met a male one but he promptly SOS called a female one with minimal provocation from me. Soon I got around to training and evolving her...but she always seemed pretty frail and not all that powerful. Ah wells. I haven't been doing a lot of breeding/EV training/that sort of stuff yet, I suppose I'll get round to it eventually. I've already farmed many Bottle Caps so that should come in handy too.

And, I'm not really familiar with your situation but that sounds good @Turnip , congratulations!!

I just wanna try and cover my bases really >.< Lots of common weaknesses in my party. It's a shame that outside of that and Litten, the only new fire Pokemon is Turtonator whose base speed is awful. Why did you have to make all these new Pokemon slow, Gamefreak ;_;

Since it's offtopic I'll out it in a spoiler I guess hahah
Spoiler

#8 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:48 AM

Im hatching eggs like a dement because i want Pichu and elekid badly :( no luck for now

#9 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

For the show down match, I'd have to dig for the video in my facebook feed. 

It was a randoms match though so it wasn't one she actually set up herself or anything

#10 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

http://replay.pokemo...en7ou-499574582

I played Pokeaim in pokemon showdown today

In case you guys don't know who that is, he's a really famous (and talented) pokemon player and streams on youtube a lot.

He's arguably the biggest pokemon youtube player so it was really fun playing :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/pokeaimMD

This is his youtube in case you're wondering ^^

#11 Orochimaru

Orochimaru
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

I failed to take over a gym like always in pokemon go ;-;

#12 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

I just wanna try and cover my bases really >.< Lots of common weaknesses in my party. It's a shame that outside of that and Litten, the only new fire Pokemon is Turtonator whose base speed is awful. Why did you have to make all these new Pokemon slow, Gamefreak ;_;

Since it's offtopic I'll out it in a spoiler I guess hahah

Spoiler

Omg yes THISS. I'm currently at endgame (but haven't gotten round to seriously doing Battle Tree), so I'm not caring so much about this, but you can bet that while I was still adjusting my team I did notice the lack of good speedy Fire-types. This gen's pokemon really are not so fast, except for the few exceptions I guess (Tapu Koko, Pheromosa, etc )

Spoiler

Im hatching eggs like a dement because i want Pichu and elekid badly :( no luck for now

Omg THIS IS ME TOOO. My Mom has got an Igglybuff but she's the only one out of us three who have a baby pokemon so far -- and all three of us hatch eggs daily on Pokemon Go and etc. #fingerscrossed

For the show down match, I'd have to dig for the video in my facebook feed. 

It was a randoms match though so it wasn't one she actually set up herself or anything

Ah, I see! Randoms was the only game I've played on Showdown so far really (wasn't that confident in my teambuilding skills), and while I played that it was pretty fun indeed. 6-0 sweeps are relatively rare even on that format though, so she must really have been something in that play. :p

http://replay.pokemo...en7ou-499574582

I played Pokeaim in pokemon showdown today

In case you guys don't know who that is, he's a really famous (and talented) pokemon player and streams on youtube a lot.

He's arguably the biggest pokemon youtube player so it was really fun playing :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/pokeaimMD

This is his youtube in case you're wondering ^^

Oooo so can we expect @Swim to be on Youtube sometime soon? ;P

I failed to take over a gym like always in pokemon go ;-;

Oh dang. Was it, like, a pretty high level gym or something though, or did some people get in before you or something? I recall since recent updates a couple of months ago, gyms became easier to take down. I usually get my pokecoins near a gym which goes up and down pretty frequently however, so I guess my situation may be quite different haha..

#13 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:08 PM

Since I don't have any games past gen 5 (I know, I'm a loser...), I've been playing gen 4 and 5 games with randomizers. It's... odd to say the least.

#14 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 04:23 PM

I put a castform on the GTS asking for a cosmog and someone traded it within a day :) I also got a solgaleo with a pikachu! I kept stalking solgaleos until someone asked for a Pokémon I had :p

#15 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

Since I don't have any games past gen 5 (I know, I'm a loser...), I've been playing gen 4 and 5 games with randomizers. It's... odd to say the least.

Nah, that doesn't make you a loser of course. It just makes you, uhh, like me, before I decided to treat myself with a 3DS in June. :p

I even did the randomiser thing too, with a White 2 ROM and a PC emulator. Was fun for a while I guess, though still odd. Didn't complete the game at all, however. I've still got the game and save on my home desktop I think.

I put a castform on the GTS asking for a cosmog and someone traded it within a day :) I also got a solgaleo with a pikachu! I kept stalking solgaleos until someone asked for a Pokémon I had :p

Wow nice!! I tried sniping for Celesteela and always was too slow. However, the more 'slow-and-steady' approach seemed to have worked -- I left another Ultra Beast that I had a spare of, in the GTS for Celesteela, and it traded after a couple of days.

Now I feel like sniping for Lunala however. Was thinking of simply evolving my Cosmog to another Solgaleo, and then trading it with Lunala on the GTS, but maybe the fast method is worth a try this time instead. :p

#16 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

http://replay.pokemo...en7ou-500337832

Played this guy [who's an asshole] but a very skilled player

Managed to beat him but it came rlly close :p

#17 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:57 PM

I haven't played a new pokemon since Black 2, and I got kinda mad at that one because of all the contests and side-questy things that stopped being side quests when they became required.

Well that's not true, I played Go for a while. But as soon as people started hacking and botting, I stopped. Honestly should have stopped earlier - what kind of pokemon game doesn't let you trade? Or battle other players?

At a certain point, I felt like the new areas debuted in new games lacked flavor. The new pokes were sometimes similarly lackluster and samey. How many normal type deer pokemon are there? How many legendary dogs/deer? There's just a lot of recycling in their product line.

That's not to say I don't love the franchise.

#18 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:04 AM

Just got into the Battle Tree today. Pretty cool stuff! But experiencing some RNG hate sometimes: My Mimikyu's Play Rough missed three times in a row, leading me to lose the battle. How the heck?!

#19 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

I just started playing Pokemon Go because I just got a smartphone and today I got my first egg! Yay! I'm about to play some Pokemon Moon, which I completed the first trial in last night. I am enjoying this glut of Pokemon in my life lately.

#20 P3NGU1N

P3NGU1N
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:25 PM

I've been done with Pokemon Sun for a while now. Had such a great story line. AI was actually difficult. But honestly, screw the Battle Tree AI. So much hax it's not even fun. 

#21 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:47 AM

As long as i can't afford a NDs or N3Ds [or anything, actually xD ]... I'm still attached to the ol' trustful GBA emulator VisualBoyAdvance :p

For the the season, i choosed Pokemon Korosu

This was my team, a week ago

C0YB5OvWgAAbMp0.jpg

#22 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

@Arnie Those are so cute! Did you draw them?

#23 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

@JinxProof Yup. Just a quick sketch from the first day. I'm about to finnish the game :p Whem i'm done, i will sketch the whole team.

#24 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:42 PM

@Arnie That's awesome! It's a super cute style

#25 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:23 AM

I've been picking up Pokemon Go again, mainly as a motivator to walk more. Hatching eggs is addicitng!

@Arnie I love your art style, I hope we can see more in the future :D

Edited by Rainforce, 30 December 2016 - 07:25 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pokemongo, sun, moon, oras, xy, etc, pokemon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users