Proxy Subscriptions / Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:27 PM

I thought it would nice to have a thread to talk about where you buy your proxies for those of you who have subscriptions. Post your experiences good or bad and recommendations aswell.

my first experience was with bestproxyandvpn. I didn't really know anything and went with them on a whim. It was $5 a month for 1 proxy, I got 1 refresh a month which I used and the private proxies were always fast. I contacted support twice in the year that I was subscribed to them and both times their support got back to me within 10 minutes. When I started looking into more proxies I saw that there were better deals out there so I moved on. 

I found My Private Proxy next and was expecting the same quality and service. Initially though it was a shit show. At first I bought the 5 proxy package for $10.57 usd (theres a 10% recurring discount you can use on signing up which I appreciated) I thought the price was infinitely better than what I had been paying for 1. Where do I even start. Okay, so I get my proxies and they were completely unusable. I can handle slow proxies but I needed an unbroken connection. I waited it out for a day to see if things would improve. They had a refund policy so I messaged their support (it's very important to be nice to your support ppl, this is a life rule) hoping to find a resolution and figured worst case I'd ask for a refund if we couldn't find better proxies. Long story short, use the free refresh before contacting support. They take 2-3 days to get back to you for each response but are nice and added a few days onto my subscription as compensation. Unfortunately I've fucked up several times and am always punished with days of downtime. (canceled subscription while waiting for a reply, then had to ask for it to be reversed. The second month I got a notification that payment would come out of my paypal soon so I went to their site and paid for it there thinking I was on top of things, then watched payment also come out of my paypal days later lol so I had to contact them again to get one refunded) They're good aslong as you dont need to contact them. Refresh your proxies each month though. I was afraid of getting a bad bundle and my great proxies became unusable after a month and a half. I've since bought bigger packages from them. Oh, and they've used the maintenance excuse word for word a few times now lol.

Edited by 0ryx, 27 December 2016 - 06:39 PM.

#2 xdeathwolfx

xdeathwolfx
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:58 PM

saw this post and seems appropriate. i originally bought proxies from https://www.sslprivateproxy.com for Pokemon Go, im paying $11.25 USD a month for 5 proxies (now i use 1 for my 2nd neopets accounts and the others whenever i buy stuff for neopets with cash) also comes with IP-Auth (when you reset your modem you have to go into the proxy dashboard and update your IP) or a Username / Password Auth (which i use for Pokemon Go) as for bad proxies...im going on 2 months with the same bunch, and no problems, decent speed too condsidering im in Australia.

https://www.sslprivateproxy.com

#3 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Are you guys both using dedicated proxies?

#4 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:42 AM

@neobo Yes.

Although after browsing the site recommendation above I really liked their shared proxy packages. I didn't realize you could get twice as many for the same price and I'm considering trying them.

#5 xdeathwolfx

xdeathwolfx
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

@neobo Yes.

Although after browsing the site recommendation above I really liked their shared proxy packages. I didn't realize you could get twice as many for the same price and I'm considering trying them.

Happy to Help

#6 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 09:13 AM

I never had a problem with free proxies so I still use them, but many people say good things about Hide My Ass proxies so maybe it's worth a try as well.

#7 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:31 PM

I've personally just been using Windscribe for free because that's what my friend recommended to me and I don't yet need extensive proxies and VPNs, but looking through the sites listed here I might consider getting in with SSLPrivateProxy since their package deals are pretty good. :')

#8 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Hey, what cites do you guys use to check if your proxies are working properly? Same proxy, one site says Texas, another says California.

#9 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:49 AM

@neobo that sounds to me like one of the sites identifies that you're using a proxy server(example: texas) and is then given a false ip address as the source(california). Those are medium strength (distorting) proxies that pretend to be transparent proxies. A site would be able to see that you're using a proxy and think that they know your actual location but they don't. (unless your location is really texas or california and your real ip matches)

I just google proxy detector and try a few of the sites that pop up while using the proxy to see whats visible. Since I don't have much experience looking for free proxies I don't know of any good sites. 

@graciea I'll have to look up windscribe, I haven't heard of it before!

#10 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

@Oryx. Thanks. I am so over my head, I hadnt realized how easy AWS was. I ended up trying newipnow. A few DSN errors later I finally got it. 8888 8844 is my friend. But I guess I thought I could have different proxies in different browsers, but my IE bleed through to chrome and how do you guys ever keep it straight. Cheating seems like a lot of work.

Update:

Hey I just want to share that I am really happy with newipnow, at least so far. They have responded within 2 hours to my 2 requests (my DSN errors most likely not due to the proxies but my service/modem/not paying the bills)

I'm paying $5 a month for 4 private proxies

http://www.newipnow....ml?promo=google

I dont know how to check the speed but was able to create a few shells with ValorSuit. Great so far

Edited by neobo, 13 January 2017 - 04:11 PM.

#11 Pink_Bubble

Pink_Bubble
  • 340 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:35 AM

Forgive my ignorance, I ask genuinely but why use proxies? I use TOR in place of incognito, for example so Neopets doesn't sniff out cheat-site cookies. I know it's probably not sufficient or for the same purpose.

What advantages does a proxy have to TOR?

#12 Unmata

Unmata
  • 714 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 January 2017 - 01:32 AM

@Pink_Bubble I couldn't tell you, when I still played neopets I didn't hide my ip at all.

I'd imagine tor is superior in every way to proxy, I don't have experience or much knowledge of them yet. I usually go with whatever is cheaper, maybe I'm missing something.

Btw, a word of caution when using Windscribe browser extension. Despite showing different ip locations they all leak the same secondary ip (rome italy) It's still distorting your real IP at least, but if the goal is multiple instances of windscribe then this would potentially be visible to staff. Otherwise, it's completely awesome!

Edited by 0ryx, 19 January 2017 - 01:35 AM.

#13 RGBKittens

RGBKittens
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 03:07 AM

you can get a torguard proxy for the year for $23 w/ promo code SlickDeals50:

https://torguard.net

https://slickdeals.n...earchBarV2Algo1

#14 Sienna

Sienna
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Everyone, thanks for posting these sites and reviews it's really helpful! A lot more than just randomly googling for some  :wub:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users