55 replies to this topic

#1 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2017 - 07:47 AM

large.png /fab

So, let's talk about haircuts! Obviously we have the party pictures thread, but I want more in-depthness and perhaps older pictures of your hair! An example of questions you could answer: What do you do with it? What kind of products do you use, or do you just leave it like that? Why did you choose this haircut? Is it your favourite? Are you addicted to dying your hair? Have you ever had dreads, and why? Were they hard to maintain? What haircut do you regret? (<= PICS ARE OBLIG FOR THIS QUESTION)

#2 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:41 AM

Naturally my hair is a very dark brown, that I haven't seen in about a decade. It is obscenely thick so I get it cut every 8 weeks or so where my hairdressers takes about half an inch off, but then hacks out about half the weight. For years I bleached it white blonde and it was reasonably long, but then Game of Thrones came out and I looked like I was living my life as a Khaleesi cosplay so I hacked it off and it's not been past my collarbone since. It still mostly stays blonde but at the moment it's copper. I do pretty much nothing to it. Wash it as infrequently as I can without being gross (in a desperate effort to protect the colour), rough dry it, occasionally shove it a bit of salt spray in if it needs a bit of boost. Otherwise it's wake up, rake fingers through it, out the door.

#3 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

Combover or die!

#4 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:47 PM

Combover or die!

so die?

#5 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:45 PM

so die?

gnNZjk9U.jpeg

To keep in line with the topic, here's a picture of my disgusting hair back in...2005?

67222_485036351220_8197349_n.jpg?oh=d8ae

Lately I've been using a products by Paul Mitchell called "Heavy Hitter", and to keep my scalp moist I use "Tea Tree Moisturizer". 

Spoiler

Here's a recent photo of me. I do the shitty combover thing because I like it, I'm also obsessed with getting fresh hair cuts while still being able to have some length up top to mess around with.

Spoiler

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:48 PM

I used to shave it down nearly bald (Sometimes shiny bald) until I started getting called "a literal potato"

And despite my crippling anxiety and self confidence issues. I'll show you all my hair now lol

Spoiler

#7 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

I have been dying my hair and cutting it in various ways for about 12 years now. I'll give you some of the easy to reach (read: instagram) recenter pics!

Current:

Spoiler

My favorite colors for this current cut:

Spoiler

The long lived flophawk:

Spoiler

Trying for "normal" hair (least fav):

Spoiler

Long hair, split color:

Spoiler

My current is my favorite right now. I love it. I'm also really enjoying having red hair again, but that'll last about another month before I need to change it.

Edited by JinxProof, 04 January 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#8 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:40 AM

@Ali ugh, isn't it a pain to maintain the blonde? :/ I've had silver/lilac for a while. I couldn't stand how dead my hair was or how often I had to touch it up D:

@Adam I lol'ed at your 2005emohair.

@Amethyst lmao what a horrible thing to call you potato. Your current hair looks good tho!

@JinxProof YES, I love your rainbowhead. I think the flophawk looks especially cool.

Okay, so my haircut history is quite extensive, so I'll take you on a narcissistic trip. I started dying my hair when I was only 12, with permission of and encouraged by my mom. They were temporary dyes in the beginning but became permanent shortly after. I started off with bright red hair, but evidence of that era has been destroyed (it's probably somewhere but w/e).

Went back to my OG hair for a whie, but it's been missing since 2008

Spoiler

After that I went black (2010)

Spoiler

Fringetime (2010)

Spoiler

Missed the red (2011)

Spoiler

For some reason thought blond would look good on me (2012)

Spoiler

It was so dead, I couldn't get any comb through all the knots. I chopped it all off and dyed it red so I could grow out the blonde easier. (still 2012)

Spoiler

Lol it's dead right? Know what'd be a good idea? A failed perm. (so many mistakes in 2012)

Spoiler

I left it alone for a while, dyed it a lot in a red-ish colour close to my own for a while, dying out the perm (not sure if it was supposed to, but everytime I dyed my hair the perm just got out a little more each time) until it was straight again. When it felt healthy enough I went back to good old red in 2013;

Spoiler

Didn't last long. I'd set my mind on getting lilac/silver, but since I was coming from bright red I had to bleach it in stages. In between those stages I put all kinds of fancy colouraccents in my hair to make it less boring. There's not a whole lotta pictures (because I lowkey switched colours every goddamn WEAK), but an example; (2014)

Spoiler

Finally I reached silver! It was kinda cute, but... a pain to maintain... sooo...

Spoiler

... back to brown again. (2014)

Spoiler

I decided I needed to go to hairdying rehab lol because I was too addicted. I let it grow and did an ombre, so if I wanted to I could make the blonde part an exciting colour while leaving the top part brown and ready to strengthen up again. I did some purple, some teal, but kept it blonde, mostly. (2015)

Spoiler

Last summer I chopped a great portion of it off. (2016)

Spoiler

Then just a little more.

Spoiler

And now I've gotten bangs again.

Spoiler

I have mixed feelings about my last and current haircut. It's new, it's exciting, it's unlike any haircut I've had so far, but I'm not sure if I'm in love with it. I'm considering getting a perm again, but I don't know. I'll wait a bit for it to have grown just a little longer so I won't end up like a complete poodle.

#9 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:27 AM

every 2 weeks, i would my barber to give me an undercut. he will shave the sides and back and layer a few inches off my hair at the top. i like it because it looks super slick and easy to style.

Spoiler

but with the new year, came a new fikri lol. :lol2: my 2017 resolution is to grow out my hair for 2 years. i work at a call center now so i can do whatever the f i want with my hair and nobody will say anything. it's just been a month but i'm already experiencing an awkward phase with my hair on the sides sticking out like a durian lol. but oh well, that's to be expected. i have to suck it up for the next few months before the hair is long enough for me to slick it behind my ears. oh lord gimme strength~

Spoiler

before this i just shampoo my hair but recently i added conditioning to my hair-washing routine. when i'm out of the shower i'll massage some coconut oil all over my hair and my brows. i heard it will stimulate the hair growth. :o

i'm interested in experimenting with coloring my hair tho but perhaps later once i satisfied with my hair length. :unsure: i wanna try platinum blonde one day.

p/s: y'all look great!!

#10 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:23 PM

@Ali ugh, isn't it a pain to maintain the blonde? :/ I've had silver/lilac for a while. I couldn't stand how dead my hair was or how often I had to touch it up D:

Nah, gets dyed every 6-8 weeks, done at the same time as my cut. Use a ton of conditioner, and Olaplex when it's coloured and it's absolutely fine. My hair is super strong and healthy naturally though. It's much much better now that it's basically bobbed.

#11 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:15 AM

I donate +-30 cm of hair every 2 years and keep it in a bun the rest of the time. It's natural red, so they're very happy with it :)

#12 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

I have very dark brown/black hair since I'm asian, but within the past few years I've dyed it lighter brown, red, plat. blonde, dirty blonde, dark purple, and bright red! I've promised myself to stop dyeing my hair now since the bleach ruined it, and have been back to black ever since...

Haircut-wise, for the past few months I was dead-set on growing out my hair and having it long because I really, really like the aesthetic of messy hair buns. That all went down the drain though after I realized how much of a hassle longer hair is, and I ended up cutting mine short just to my chin. Showering and drying is so much easier like this. :')

My hair stylist told me I'm the only girl she's met who would cut all her hair off for convenience, lol :p

#13 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

@graciea Whenever I think about growing my hair back out I think about how I wouldn't be able to towel dry it anymore. That usually cures it

#14 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

graciea Yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with long hair, which is why I don't mind donating so much hair every 2-ish years. I cut it in August, but I think it's too long again!

#15 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

I love the Nazi haircut

d16da7cb21193df42506dea485b91428.jpg

(I'm not nazi though)

#16 Cass

Cass
  • Stronteigenwijs

• 1560 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:27 PM

I love the Nazi haircut

d16da7cb21193df42506dea485b91428.jpg

(I'm not nazi though)

In modern days better known as an undercut ;P

undercut21.jpg

But yeah, undercuts look reaally good on guys. Can't really go wrong with that one.

(I mean, I guess it looks good on women as well, it's just not really my thang y'know)

#17 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

This is so weird. I remember posting in this about my ugly ass undercut. But there is no post. I wonder if I just dreamed it.

Anyways, my hair is awful right now and I have no clue what to do with it. I hate it so much. It's in the awkward growing out phase because I had an asymmetrical undercut, which was convenient when I had my first surgery, but now I just look freaking ridiculous.

#18 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:50 PM

I just buzz my own hair down with a 3, since I'm cheap.

When my buddy's in town I get him to give me a mohawk, I usually manage to maintain it for around 4 months before I go back to the buzz.

#19 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:32 PM

I have excellent hair that is unrivaled by all other haircuts.

#20 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

My junior high basketball team decided that we were going to dye our hair jet black. It was the first time I had dyed my hair so I was freaking out on my mom when the hair dye had a woman on the box. I didn't realize it would work fine for a guy lol

I had an undercut for a while and loved it. Now my hair is a little longer. 

Once upon a time I grew my hair out for a LONG time. I think it was almost 20 months and then I donated it. I kind of miss it, but I was tired of taking care of it. Pictures below!

Spoiler

#21 JinxProof

JinxProof
  • 143 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 05:59 PM

@Cass Thank you! If I ever wanted long hair again, I'd go back to that I think. I loooove your silver! But it truly is a pain to maintain, isn't it? I think your bangs are cute :D

#22 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

@Cass Oh my god, your haircut right now is so cute! *-* Those bangs doh!

@Trapezeo Your long hair looks way better than my long hair. I'm jealous. Q.Q

I think tomorrow I'm going to dye my hair brown. I've done red, cherry red, burgundy, black, henna, this weird combination of orange and magenta, peach, cotton candy pink, shaved it off for my surgery, had my natural color with leftover faded pink for awhile, then burgundy again.

When it was cotton candy pink (hard to tell in this lighting):

Spoiler

My hair when it was faded magenta and orange also look at my sexy armpit. it's so sexy with that hole there.

Spoiler

#23 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:51 AM

@Cass Oh my god, your haircut right now is so cute! *-* Those bangs doh!

@Trapezeo Your long hair looks way better than my long hair. I'm jealous. Q.Q

I think tomorrow I'm going to dye my hair brown. I've done red, cherry red, burgundy, black, henna, this weird combination of orange and magenta, peach, cotton candy pink, shaved it off for my surgery, had my natural color with leftover faded pink for awhile, then burgundy again.

When it was cotton candy pink (hard to tell in this lighting):

Spoiler

My hair when it was faded magenta and orange also look at my sexy armpit. it's so sexy with that hole there.
Spoiler

I like your colored hair :)

My hair is really thick so I was tired of having to condition it all the time. It also took forever to dry. Ain't nobody got time for that!

#24 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2017 - 05:58 AM

I've been cutting my own hair for the past 6 or so years, no real experience or anything. I just got fed up of barbers fucking my hair up, there's only been one hairdresser that I built up trust with because he would actually listen to what I wanted, sometimes it's hard for me to put my ideas into words so he was very patient and understanding with it, would stop cutting before moving on to the next part and ask questions to clarify what I want to do for the next part... etc. That was my guy, but he eventually retired so I decided why pay another hairdresser to fuck up my hair when I can just do it myself for free :p Picked up clippers, scissors, a comb and started chopping away. I favour the messy style so if I did mess up it didn't matter too much, but the funny part is I've had a hell of a lot more compliments on it, than when I had it cut professionally. So much so that I've got a hair compliment album on my phone :p

Right now i'm growing it long, and then i'll be getting an extreme undercut keeping the length on the top, but getting shorter the further back it goes.

This is the shit i'm rocking at the moment, I like to call it a controlled mess  ^_^

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is it if I want to slick it back and want to be uhh... "professional"

Spoiler

And this is from back when I started to cut my own hair, I decided to shave a chunk out of the side because I was edgy as fuck. Just know I used to browse this forum looking like that

Spoiler

Trending hairstyles are the same as clothes and fashion, history always repeats itself. Like the undercuts are the hot thing now right? That was the hot style for guys back in the 50s or something, my history isn't too great. Except now girls are getting into it too, and girls with undercuts are hot as fuck if done right, I just love the experimentation and trying shit that's different. It's attractive.

One of my friends came to me for hair advice and after getting info on what she likes, I convinced her to cut her long hair which is a very big deal for most girls, and to get an undercut. It took a while but I found some pictures of the style she wanted with it, a week later she went and got it. Now she's dying it all kinds of colours, getting new piercings, and she's never been happier. She said the hardest thing was just taking the plunge of chopping the long hair, and putting her trust into my hands. Rather than getting a few inches cut off and calling it a haircut as usual.

I corrupt people in a good way  ^_^

#25 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 January 2017 - 04:58 PM

I've been cutting my own hair for the past 6 or so years, no real experience or anything. I just got fed up of barbers fucking my hair up, there's only been one hairdresser that I built up trust with because he would actually listen to what I wanted, sometimes it's hard for me to put my ideas into words so he was very patient and understanding with it, would stop cutting before moving on to the next part and ask questions to clarify what I want to do for the next part... etc. That was my guy, but he eventually retired so I decided why pay another hairdresser to fuck up my hair when I can just do it myself for free :p Picked up clippers, scissors, a comb and started chopping away. I favour the messy style so if I did mess up it didn't matter too much, but the funny part is I've had a hell of a lot more compliments on it, than when I had it cut professionally. So much so that I've got a hair compliment album on my phone :p

Right now i'm growing it long, and then i'll be getting an extreme undercut keeping the length on the top, but getting shorter the further back it goes.

This is the shit i'm rocking at the moment, I like to call it a controlled mess  ^_^

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

This is it if I want to slick it back and want to be uhh... "professional"

Spoiler

And this is from back when I started to cut my own hair, I decided to shave a chunk out of the side because I was edgy as fuck. Just know I used to browse this forum looking like that

Spoiler

Trending hairstyles are the same as clothes and fashion, history always repeats itself. Like the undercuts are the hot thing now right? That was the hot style for guys back in the 50s or something, my history isn't too great. Except now girls are getting into it too, and girls with undercuts are hot as fuck if done right, I just love the experimentation and trying shit that's different. It's attractive.

One of my friends came to me for hair advice and after getting info on what she likes, I convinced her to cut her long hair which is a very big deal for most girls, and to get an undercut. It took a while but I found some pictures of the style she wanted with it, a week later she went and got it. Now she's dying it all kinds of colours, getting new piercings, and she's never been happier. She said the hardest thing was just taking the plunge of chopping the long hair, and putting her trust into my hands. Rather than getting a few inches cut off and calling it a haircut as usual.

I corrupt people in a good way  ^_^

your slick back looks real nice dude. how does your hair look when it's in a man bun? i feel that you could work that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users