• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pink_Bubble

Pink_Bubble
  • 340 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:14 PM

Post your favourite RnB songs!

I don't judge but I feel like all new-age RnB (with some exceptions, like Frank Ocean) are all vocals laid over dystopian electro beats with lyrics about date rape and drugs. So, bonus points if you can post stuff pre-2005.

#2 neobella18

neobella18
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

brandy

#3 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

R&B used to be my childhood. From Whitney Houston to Toni Braxton to Mariah Carey to Boyz 2 Men to All 4 One...

This is one of my favorites from TLC

#4 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2017 - 11:44 AM

Honestly, I'm not too sure of what is considered RnB. Do you guys consider Chance the Rapper and Bruno Mars part of the new wave? Does this song even count as R&B?

Edited by ohml, 02 April 2017 - 11:46 AM.

#5 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

Yaaaaasss Ginuwine! Also D'angelo (voodoo album?) so good. We were at a house show saturday night, and between bands the dude who lived at the house was playing Voodoo. ^_^

I kind of like the new-age R&B, not gonna lie. I've been listening to Syd a loooot recently. Childish Gambino's new album is like neo-soul/R&B as well. Very good IMO. Solange's new album is life.

That's pretty much what I've been listening to recently. I love older R&B as well, I just never remember to add it to my music library, and I'm a creature of habit. So... I listen to the same playlist in my car way too often.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users