16 replies to this topic

#1 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

RjaanIh.gif

Theme: Pick the more unpopular choice for most of the questions.

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE TOP THREE FOUR WINNERS

Due to an unforseen circumstance, a top 4 has been selected. The reason is clear in the spreadsheet.

1. @Trapezeo

2. @Voodoo

3. @Swim

4. @UnicornOfLuv

@Trapezeo Please state immediately if you would like to host the next random contest or allow anyone else to host as well as what prize you would like. Obey the rules listed below. Obey.

Award:

23rwadd.jpg

All four of you earned the Random Contest award.

Credit to @Liesa

Scoring and Placements:

Congratulations to everyone entered. Those who were tied below the top four were ranked randomly.

ec8a9d20c43a685454ed7d54c8bf05af.png

All the score information can be accessed here. But it's password protected...

The Answers

Each question had a total of 18 entries. The bolded is the less popular answer. The number in parenthesis is the number of votes. If a tie (9:9 votes), the entire question will be struck through. 

Spoiler

Prize Redemption Rules:

1. The first winner picks one prize from the pool or opt to skip them. Then, they tag the the second place winner to pick from the remaining prizes. This goes on until the last person.

2. A winner has 3 days after being tagged by the previous winner to post here what prize to claim.

3. The winner also MUST PM me to redeem them within 3 days of being tagged by the last person. Communication for redeeming prizes is the initiative of the winner. After the time period with a failure to do so, the person will be skipped with no second chance.

Prizes:

The prizes are not assigned to a specific placement. The first place will choose out of the three, second will chose among the two remaining, and third will receive what is left.

alm_magic_pouch.gif

Bag of Healing Dust

gif_bag_of_neopoints.gif
Shell with 10m pure Neopoints

mall_bg_mysteryisny.gif
New Years in Mystery Island Background

hS6gFdL.png

Password to access the Random Contest #12 Google Sheet, which shows the comprehensive point system and the two tiebreakers that took place.

The recipient can do anything with that information. Knowledge is power and fear.

Thanks for playing!

#2 firewolf13

firewolf13
  • 23 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:38 AM

yay! congratulations everyone  :)

#3 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:36 AM

@Kelvin I can host the next random contest. I'll rack my brain and try to think of a fun one.

I'll also claim the shell with 10M so @VooDoo, you're up next to pick!

#4 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 10:43 AM

Congratulations everyone!

#5 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 12:38 PM

@Trapezeo darn you! lol. I wanted the shell hahahaha. But I will happily take the Bag of Healing Dust! Congratulations to everyone who played, it was fun! 

#6 mrfloyd

mrfloyd
  • 28 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

Congratulations, everyone! :> It was really fun. Looking forward to the next one.  ;)

#7 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:13 PM

@Swim Pick 1 of the remaining 2.

#8 Swim

Swim
  • 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:52 PM

I'll take the background.

@UnicornOfLuv

Your turn.

#9 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

Interesting kind of contest. I'd love to see more like this in the future!

Spoiler

#10 UnicornOfLuv

UnicornOfLuv
  • 15 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:03 AM

So the password is for me :p

The contest was amazing!! thank you @Kelvin for hosting it!!

Edited by UnicornOfLuv, 08 March 2017 - 06:04 AM.

#11 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:38 PM

Am I weird bc I would have picked the password? I guess since I don't neo that was the only tenable choice...

#12 neobo

neobo
  • 229 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:32 PM

Please state immediately if you would like to host the next random contest or allow anyone else to host as well as what prize you would like.

I've been out of touch for awhile. But I'd love to host something, but have no idea what. What some favored or memorial contests that havent been run in awhile?

#13 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:05 PM

@neobo I think one of the more easier contests to host is the customization contest. You can use the template set for it. If you need prizes, I'll definitely have you covered.

#14 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:05 PM

@Kelvin did you match today? You were a year ahead of me but I forgot if you were gonna do your ph d or something... so just asking.

#15 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:11 PM

@Kelvin did you match today? You were a year ahead of me but I forgot if you were gonna do your ph d or something... so just asking.

The match is for soon-to-be graduates who don't have direct connections. 

I turned an offer down way back in October. I'm doing paid research for one year then going for PhD. 

#16 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:21 PM

@Kelvin 

You are in an MD program though, right? And then you just want to get Ph. D in addition to MD? Or have I been totally mistaken this whole time? 

And, as far as I know, every state requires at least 1 year of residency before they will give board certification for practicing, right? So you have to match to practice, no matter your connections.

also, you can take this to pm if you prefer. 

#17 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

@Kelvin 

You are in an MD program though, right? And then you just want to get Ph. D in addition to MD? Or have I been totally mistaken this whole time? 

And, as far as I know, every state requires at least 1 year of residency before they will give board certification for practicing, right? So you have to match to practice, no matter your connections.

also, you can take this to pm if you prefer. 

I'm just saying, it's a formality more than anything. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users