Do you believe in the Mandela Effect?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:40 PM

Looked around and didn't find any threads regarding this so here we go! I'm a huge conspiracy theories fan so naturally I've come across this, although I'm sure many of you would have heard of it by now since it's blown up quite abit.

I initially kinda did even though I'm still skeptical. I'm not American, I've never lived in America, but alot of M.Es are American-based or just cultures that I'm not at all familiar with. For instance the biggest one, Berenstain/stein bears -- I've never even heard of it before this phenomenon lol. I think I've been affected by a couple of others but I'm still not THAT sure as they can simply be brushed off as poor memory.

The only significant one for me would be Looney Toons/Tunes. I initially thought it was Looney Tunes, but I remember seeing it was Looney TOONS for awhile when I was first looking up M.Es. I thought I just remembered wrong and that made more sense anyway, and brushed it off. Fast forward a couple months and suddenly I see it's Looney Tunes again? (Turns out Looney Tunes is supposed to match Merrie Melodies etc.) I was so weirded out by it. Other people have experienced this 'flip-flop' too.

So, do you believe in it, and why? Which ones affect you, if any?

Edit: Recently Captain Disillusion made a video debunking M.E and that kinda swayed me. So now I'm just eh about it but I'm curious what you guys think. 

Edited by Poh, 14 March 2017 - 07:44 PM.

#2 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:17 PM

Yeah....no. I don't believe in the Mandela effect. I don't believe in dimensional time warps and all that stuff that are the "cause" of these happenings. Though there is this one topic that just fucks me up in the brain. I swear to Jesus that it was called the "Berenstein Bears" and not the "Berenstain". 

Cool how you watch Captain Disillusion as well lol, he's a relatively small channel. You should watch commentiquette's video on it, he's hilarious. 

#3 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:53 AM

The better question is why people are so reluctant to admit being wrong.

It's terrifying.

#4 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:00 AM

Yeah....no. I don't believe in the Mandela effect. I don't believe in dimensional time warps and all that stuff that are the "cause" of these happenings. Though there is this one topic that just fucks me up in the brain. I swear to Jesus that it was called the "Berenstein Bears" and not the "Berenstain". 

Cool how you watch Captain Disillusion as well lol, he's a relatively small channel. You should watch commentiquette's video on it, he's hilarious. 

How good are commentiquette's videos in general though! Pretty much the greatest

Last Stream on the Left also had a good episode about the Mandela Effect, that I sort of agree with. That different dimensions are rad, but the idea of it being over something so inane as how a children's book title is spelled is dumb.

#5 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:32 AM

It is called the Berenstein Bears and always was? wat?

https://en.wikipedia...erenstain_Bears

#6 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

I believe that time is similar to a lake, but we experience it as streams and that's what accounts for this kind of thing. Everything happens all at the same time and sometimes the lake floods and gets into your stream. That's why some people share memories (real or not), deja vu, past lives, all of it. 

#7 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

I believe that time is similar to a lake, but we experience it as streams and that's what accounts for this kind of thing. Everything happens all at the same time and sometimes the lake floods and gets into your stream. That's why some people share memories (real or not), deja vu, past lives, all of it.

I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying. You believe all time, past and future, happens at once and consciousness draws from it?

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

I'm not really sure I understand what you're saying. You believe all time, past and future, happens at once and consciousness draws from it?

Yes

#9 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Yes

Fair enough.

#10 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Alright. Well I had a mental breakdown when I found out about the Berenstein/stain Bears thing, and now I'm going to have a further mental breakdown at the Looney Tunes/Toons thing. Brb, going to question my entire existence and all of humanity.

Yes

Reminds me of Slaughterhouse-five.

#11 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

I know of it as Looney Tunes, never seen it as Looney Toons so y'all are crazy. There was a spin off show that I used to watch when I was ill from school called Tiny Toons though, involving like younger versions of the characters so that's my guess as to why people might be confused.

Looney Tunes

Spoiler

Tiny Toons

Spoiler

#12 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:22 AM

Alright. Well I had a mental breakdown when I found out about the Berenstein/stain Bears thing, and now I'm going to have a further mental breakdown at the Looney Tunes/Toons thing. Brb, going to question my entire existence and all of humanity.

I'll add it to my to-read list.

#13 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:17 PM

Forgot to follow my own thread so I missed everything lol oops

Yea dimensional time warp is one of the biggest theories but there are others as well such mass hypnosis (by government?) etc. I think it's just fun to think about the endless possibilities lol. Captain Disillusion is fairly known in the conspiracy theories community so yea! I'll def check out commentiquette's vid. :)

How good are commentiquette's videos in general though! Pretty much the greatest

Last Stream on the Left also had a good episode about the Mandela Effect, that I sort of agree with. That different dimensions are rad, but the idea of it being over something so inane as how a children's book title is spelled is dumb.

It would be bizarre if it was truly only over a children's book title but there's a whole ton of other "changes" as well that have convinced many people of this phenomenon.

The streams analogy is something I haven't come across before but it's interesting to hear! The one I've heard and kinda believe in is that there is an infinite grid of possibilities. It's like watching television. What you're currently seeing is the reality you're living in, but meanwhile all the other channels (realities) are still going on at the same time, and it's possible to switch channels. (whether it's an active or unconscious decision but that's a whole other topic)

Look up all the other changes too! You'll be mindblown... even more then you are now heh.

I know of it as Looney Tunes, never seen it as Looney Toons so y'all are crazy. There was a spin off show that I used to watch when I was ill from school called Tiny Toons though, involving like younger versions of the characters so that's my guess as to why people might be confused.

Looney Tunes

Spoiler

Tiny Toons

Spoiler

I've seen this explanation but many people who remembered it as Looney Toons have never heard of Tiny Toon.

#14 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:08 AM

What about that sinbad genie movie? That one fucks me right up.

I believe this shit. It's the only conspiracy theory I believe.

#15 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:19 AM

What about that sinbad genie movie? That one fucks me right up.

I believe this shit. It's the only conspiracy theory I believe.

Link?

#16 Cyka

Cyka
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:47 AM

Link?

http://www.newstates...o-think-it-does

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users