Quantcast

Photo

Question about browsing Neopets while Abrosia is running..

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:21 PM

So I literally just downloaded Abrosia and have spent the past hour reading the FAQ and the popular guides and all that jazz. What I am curious about is if I should avoid browsing Neopets while I have Abrosia running? I have noticed I have been logged out of my account a couple of times. This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to make a stupid mistake and end up frozen. Thanks, guys.

#2 soy

soy
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

nah

#3 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:53 PM

ty boo

#4 Kuroko

Kuroko
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

I think neopets just auto logs you out if you're logged in at more than one place. I've been browsing with AB on for a few months and nothing has happened. That being said, I do try to avoid it when I can, though!

#5 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Uhh yes this a big thing to avoid. Don't use our programs and browse at the same time! 

#6 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:43 PM

Definitely do not try to browse Neopets and run Abrosia at the same time on the same account.  

#7 xdeathwolfx

xdeathwolfx
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:05 AM

So I literally just downloaded Abrosia and have spent the past hour reading the FAQ and the popular guides and all that jazz. What I am curious about is if I should avoid browsing Neopets while I have Abrosia running? I have noticed I have been logged out of my account a couple of times. This is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to make a stupid mistake and end up frozen. Thanks, guys.

Cool Story Bro, but let me call a friend who knows about cool stories, so i know what im dealing with.

(sorry had to - Pawn Stars avvie) ...yeah Dont Browse and AB

#8 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

Okay so another question, is it bad to stop Abrosia and open your browser, log in, do some things for a bit, and then switch it back on again? Will that look like casual RSing or will it look fishy? 

#9 Liesa

Liesa
  • Foxy Lady

• 2196 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:56 AM

Okay so another question, is it bad to stop Abrosia and open your browser, log in, do some things for a bit, and then switch it back on again? Will that look like casual RSing or will it look fishy? 

As long as you don't completely close the program manager you'll stay logged in under the program manager and even with just abrosia closed you will get logged out over time. 

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:48 PM

If it's not the same account you're botting on, go for it. That's not suspicious at all unless it's linked to you as a side. Then you may wanna be careful.

If it's the same account? No. Do NOT do that. That's gotten me caught a few times. 

That's fine imo. I've done that quite a bit and it's never given me trouble

#11 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

If it's not the same account you're botting on, go for it. That's not suspicious at all unless it's linked to you as a side. Then you may wanna be careful.

If it's the same account? No. Do NOT do that. That's gotten me caught a few times. 

That's fine imo. I've done that quite a bit and it's never given me trouble

EEK well, I hope the hour or so I did it last night won't come back to bite me. Surely an hour they won't notice? If you've gotten caught a few times, how long did it take you to be frozen? Or could it happen literally at any point with no warning even if everything seems okay? Ha. I feel like I expect it every time I log in. I only use Abrosia for maybe an hour/hour and a half at a time, and do a fair amount of manual RSing throughout the day. I just wonder what is going to seem suspicious versus what seems like innocuous gameplay. 

#12 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:09 PM

EEK well, I hope the hour or so I did it last night won't come back to bite me. Surely an hour they won't notice? If you've gotten caught a few times, how long did it take you to be frozen? Or could it happen literally at any point with no warning even if everything seems okay? Ha. I feel like I expect it every time I log in. I only use Abrosia for maybe an hour/hour and a half at a time, and do a fair amount of manual RSing throughout the day. I just wonder what is going to seem suspicious versus what seems like innocuous gameplay. 

It honestly depends on what I was doing to get frozen. I've fucked up a LOT of times. Recently even and I've been doing this for years. I've gotten banned as quickly as a few days before, sometimes it took a year. Depends on how reckless I got, and if my proxies failed. 

An hour should be fine though, just don't make it a habit of doing it a lot. 

#13 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

It honestly depends on what I was doing to get frozen. I've fucked up a LOT of times. Recently even and I've been doing this for years. I've gotten banned as quickly as a few days before, sometimes it took a year. Depends on how reckless I got, and if my proxies failed. 

An hour should be fine though, just don't make it a habit of doing it a lot. 

I am ABing on my main and have no side accounts at all! I'm just super nervous they will catch on quick, esp since I fudged the setting a little bit yesterday and things were weird for an hour. Oh well. Maybe I'll lay low for a while after my intense combing two hours of ABing, haaaa.

Alsoooooo. Love SU! Love Amythest! Love all the gems! And I may or may not have creeped through your profile because of our two shared interests! x)

#14 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

I am ABing on my main and have no side accounts at all! I'm just super nervous they will catch on quick, esp since I fudged the setting a little bit yesterday and things were weird for an hour. Oh well. Maybe I'll lay low for a while after my intense combing two hours of ABing, haaaa.

Alsoooooo. Love SU! Love Amythest! Love all the gems! And I may or may not have creeped through your profile because of our two shared interests! x)

What time range did you use? I'm sure once might be okay, you need to just lay low for a bit and hope for the best.

Off topic but.

Spoiler

#15 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Not even super low really, just like 3-5. But there was one point where I thought I'd closed Abrosia out but it was still running and I kept logging back into my account over and over on my phone because it kept kicking me out and I am sure it looked wonky, switching between Abrosia, my phone and laptop. Lesson learned! 

I don't know how to do spoiler tags yet but shortyyyyy squaaaaaaaad!

#16 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:02 PM

Not even super low really, just like 3-5. But there was one point where I thought I'd closed Abrosia out but it was still running and I kept logging back into my account over and over on my phone because it kept kicking me out and I am sure it looked wonky, switching between Abrosia, my phone and laptop. Lesson learned! 

I don't know how to do spoiler tags yet but shortyyyyy squaaaaaaaad!

You should be okay. If anything you could mention having internet problems if you ever got any shit over it tbh. It shouldn't seem too weird I imagine a lot of people spam log in between devices. 

Spoiler tags are [ spoiler ] stuff goes here [ / spoiler ] without the spaces in the tags. Space in the stuff inbetween tags is fine though

#17 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 05:33 PM

Thank you. I feel better about all of it! 

Spoiler

#18 neonerd22

neonerd22
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

I have a question similar to this. I understand it's not safe to surf the site but am unsure about whether or not it's okay (or if I should) be sitting with the shop page open while the AB is running in that particular shop. Or is it okay to not log in at all? I'd prefer to sit in the shop though, tbh.

#19 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:04 AM

I have a question similar to this. I understand it's not safe to surf the site but am unsure about whether or not it's okay (or if I should) be sitting with the shop page open while the AB is running in that particular shop. Or is it okay to not log in at all? I'd prefer to sit in the shop though, tbh.

If you're not doing anything in the window then it's fine. 

#20 neonerd22

neonerd22
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:10 AM

Thanks, good to know!

#21 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 March 2017 - 11:38 AM

Thanks, good to know!

Don't refresh very often though, you'll get logged out and show as doing activity. Once every 5 minutes or so is okay though. I'd wait longer personally

#22 josieiscool

josieiscool
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:00 PM

I have another question as well. I am constantly switch Abrosia on and off again, and I am constantly stopping to to hop between shops. Sort of how I would do if I were manually RSing. Is this a bad thing? 

Aaaaand I have another question, but I don't want to make a brand new topic so... Sometimes Abrosia doesn't log out? For example, I just set it up to run in Kauvara's for just a few minutes for fun, but it logged itself out (or closed, I guess? Sometimes it does that and I have to log back into the program manager), so I opened it back up and uninstalled Abrosia. I do this because sometimes when I close out completely, and log into my account on my laptop, it's still running somehow? Like items are still ending up in my inventory. And just now, after I'd uninstalled Abrosia in the program manager and totally shut everything down, my computer dinged at me and a Plushie Tonu Morphing Potion appeared in my inventory. 

Maybe I'm not shutting it down properly? I dunno, I am feeling pretty silly for not understanding this. Now I'm also mega paranoid, lol. Sheesh, this life of crime stuff is wearing me out. 

Edited by josieiscool, 24 March 2017 - 01:33 PM.

#23 WarezHaxor

WarezHaxor
  • 668 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:20 PM

Abrosia will close if you hit the x button.....also if you use the login settings to log out you're good as well, Windows will mess up and show the icon in your bar if you don't move your mouse over It, but as long as you close the window and not minimise you're fine. Or log out through login settings. Don't browse while abing and 3 - 5 is better than my settings and I've been doing this for 12 years now. Granted before JS took over 3 - 5 May have been excessive but my settings are significantly lower than that now, though I'm no example to follow. If you uninstall, abrosia can't be running...all versions of Windows will not allow you to uninstall something if it is still running, plain and simple. If you hit stop on abrosia it will stop as well, so I'm not sure how it could possibly be running if you hit stop or the x as in 12 years abrosia had not had a memory leak issue where it stayed running. Paranoia isn't bad, but JS is horrible at detecting abers so you should be fine regardless.

#24 charcharcharchar

charcharcharchar
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

Use a proxy whilst autobuying and then you're okay to browse :)

#25 baltax

baltax
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:53 AM

Thank you for asking this question being very new to autobuying this crossed my mind I figured it wasn't a good idea to surf and auto at same time now I have my answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users