Who plays Don't Starve Together?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Who plays this game, and what character(s) do you most frequently play as?

As for me, I'm mainly Wigfrid, but sometimes I do Maxwell. 

Got this game about a month ago, and I'm still obsessed with it lol.

I usually just join random group servers and stuff.

Also frogs are so annoying. I literally just want to kill a couple then the whole family attacks me all at once. Same goes for spiders...and beefalos...and pigs...

#2 camellia

camellia
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:43 PM

*waves* I love the spider groups, where you are all spiders. Unlimited meat! Just good luck with pigs

#3 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

I love playing Willow because set-up is so easy, but I finally unlocked Maxwell and he is super fun to play as too.

Frogs are the worst unless you can kite them into other mobs (I usually set up near beefalo so I can kite every baddie to them). But if you can get something else to kill em it's food for daaaays

#4 camellia

camellia
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Willows lighter is a life saver!

#5 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

*waves* I love the spider groups, where you are all spiders. Unlimited meat! Just good luck with pigs

Lol Webber bases!! Webber is actually a pretty fun character lol. 

Yeah one time a couple friends and I set up a base near the pig king (which had like 8 houses around it), and the webber of the group couldn't survive at all without getting attacked xD even with fences 

I love playing Willow because set-up is so easy, but I finally unlocked Maxwell and he is super fun to play as too.

Frogs are the worst unless you can kite them into other mobs (I usually set up near beefalo so I can kite every baddie to them). But if you can get something else to kill em it's food for daaaays

Really? I've never tried Willow before. I don't really know how she works lol. Yess! I love the shadow clones, plus going insane gets to be pretty annoying

THAT'S SUCH A GOOD IDEA?? I've never thought about leading them to beefalo! I usually do find ponds near them so that would work well...

sounds way more efficient than the good ol spider and pig combination

#6 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

As long as you don't go near beefalo without a beefalo hat when they're in heat you won't get attacked, and I usually use them to handle Hounds, and they're so good when there's frog rain. I use them to fight every mob for me, haha. I haven't tried the new beta addition of beefalo taming though.

Willow's good, she's immune to fire and gains sanity when she's close to fire. She starts with a lighter so you can spend a long time walking around the map finding a good place to set up base without worrying about light. But if her sanity gets too low then she starts lighting fires which can be dicey.

#7 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

Never played it but I do own it. 

#8 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

As long as you don't go near beefalo without a beefalo hat when they're in heat you won't get attacked, and I usually use them to handle Hounds, and they're so good when there's frog rain. I use them to fight every mob for me, haha. I haven't tried the new beta addition of beefalo taming though.

Willow's good, she's immune to fire and gains sanity when she's close to fire. She starts with a lighter so you can spend a long time walking around the map finding a good place to set up base without worrying about light. But if her sanity gets too low then she starts lighting fires which can be dicey.

Yeah :') I remember dying a couple times from getting too close to beefs in heat lol. Yeah true they're great for hounds... I get like a mini panic attack when hounds are coming and I'm not wigfrid/near other players. I'm curious though, do tallbirds attack hounds if you're around them? Would be a pretty interesting fight to see 

Wait is her lighter unlimited? I'm kind of curious to see how she works, so I'll try her out in a bit. RIP bases that have an insane willow lol.

#9 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Yeah :') I remember dying a couple times from getting too close to beefs in heat lol. Yeah true they're great for hounds... I get like a mini panic attack when hounds are coming and I'm not wigfrid/near other players. I'm curious though, do tallbirds attack hounds if you're around them? Would be a pretty interesting fight to see 

Wait is her lighter unlimited? I'm kind of curious to see how she works, so I'll try her out in a bit. RIP bases that have an insane willow lol.

Haha yes, tallbirds attack anything! I had a great run where I found a biome with a bunch of tallbirds around some rocks. They couldn't pathfind their way into the middle of the rocks, so I built a fire there and let them murder Giants, and everything else. The only problem is if they aggro on you first, then you gotta dodge them alll until they retarget.

Tentacles will also target hounds, but then you gotta set up near them and I can't really recommend that.

And yeah, Willow's lighter is unlimited. It's amazing.

#10 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:09 PM

Haven't played in a while, but I usually play as Willow or Wendy! :D

#11 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Haha yes, tallbirds attack anything! I had a great run where I found a biome with a bunch of tallbirds around some rocks. They couldn't pathfind their way into the middle of the rocks, so I built a fire there and let them murder Giants, and everything else. The only problem is if they aggro on you first, then you gotta dodge them alll until they retarget.

Tentacles will also target hounds, but then you gotta set up near them and I can't really recommend that.

And yeah, Willow's lighter is unlimited. It's amazing.

wow that sounds like an interesting base idea xD Pig king base... beefalo base... tallbird base lol!

Yeah I remember trying to make a tentacle farm once and I died like 2 times because I forgot they were there. Mainly for pigs but they were useful for hounds too. 

I tried some new characters the other day! Willow's character is pretty nice lol, the lighter is insanely useful. Out of curiousity, can other characters take her lighter and use it? I've never tried it before but I'd love to be a wigfrid with the lighter xD

#12 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2017 - 11:14 PM

I tried some new characters the other day! Willow's character is pretty nice lol, the lighter is insanely useful. Out of curiousity, can other characters take her lighter and use it? I've never tried it before but I'd love to be a wigfrid with the lighter xD

No, I don't think they can. If you try to console her lighter in it doesn't work, and if you rescue Maxwell with her, her lighter disappears.

#13 Sienna

Sienna
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Wendy is the character I play! While she's pretty weak, Abigail more than makes up for it haha

#14 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:18 AM

I've never actually played as Wendy so far. Can you tell me more about how she plays? I really haven't ever looked into her since I'm usually all about Willow and her infinite light, haha.

#15 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:05 AM

This game sounded reallly interesting and the artwork looks amzing, but the Donnor party images that I had at the start of this post are gone :( ...I'm guessing you can't actually eat or hunt anyone else in the game?

#16 Cnourinha

Cnourinha
  • 179 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:01 PM

I played with my friends, but we were terrible D:
At first we laughed at our mistakes, but when we keep losing, we got angry and gave up. x-x 

#17 Marionette

Marionette
  • 327 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

Before I downloaded characters (Annie FTW! http://steamcommunit...s/?id=498383066) I played as  WX-78. He looks amazing with his little flower crown.

#18 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

I like playing legitimately... but sometimes it's fun to break out the console commands and murder everything in a ridiculous run with tons of giants, haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users