• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6381 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:16 AM

Hiding your Protocol isn't as easy as clicking a button. You will need to use a proxy, you can't randomly change your real protocol, you can only hide it, plus there are ways of getting through that aswell.

You see, Every ti'me you access the internet through your browser, or every ti'me you access the internet, little pieces of information are passed from your computer, these are called packets. In those packets, it is split up into three parts; a header; a data section; and a trailer, explained here:

Inside that packet is all sorts of information about your computer, your ISP, your IP, and other things that are to do with your system and the way it works.

All a proxy really does is confuse the website you visit into thinking you are somewhere else in the world, when you are really in a chair, sitting at your office desk.

Many different peices of internet software can pick up your original protocol address, including neopets,vBulletin, and IPB(mod).

Yeah, you may not of thought it, but neopets can see every user's protocol, along with their proxy. If you use a proxy, and someone else you know uses the same one, Your friend's neopets accounts get frozen, and what'll happen to your neopets accounts then? They'll be frozen.

After all, it really is more useful, and much more safer to use your own internet protocol.

Hope this helped ;)
'mg>

#2 Guest_lordarchangelx_*

Guest_lordarchangelx_*

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:21 AM

nice...some1 pin this

#3 SteWieH

SteWieH
  • 3423 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:23 AM

wow dude nice write up. :blink: very nice. I don't use proxys myself to be perfectly honestly. I never did get how to ever use them

#4 Mumei

Mumei
  • 3545 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:43 AM

if only it was that si'mple, there are many types of proxy servers, some just forward your packed enclosing your entire packet within one of their own, others strip out the routing details and transmit the packet with the proxy details, and there are stilll others that will also strip out all the identity tags (the last two are called private or stealth proxies)

#5 Leo

Leo
  • 1020 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:05 PM

You learn something everyday

#6 roflmao

roflmao
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 08:01 AM

Neo can see your original IP o.o

I'm in trouble if they find I use progs...

#7 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:15 PM

Well, TNT can see your original IP if you use what I like to call a 'low quality' proxy. The classifications used by most sites are something like, 'transparent', 'anonymous'(sp?), and 'high anonymity' The first is just a redirection. The second hides your IP, but tells TNT that a proxy was used. The last doesn't tell them, and they assume that it is your actuall IP. They really can't be bothered to find out if it is a proxy or not. So unless they know it is a proxy, they will just freeze or IP ban the proxy IP.

To those that used to have to tell me such things, can you tell I've been reading up? :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users