NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:09 PM

I have weddings on the brain.

Tell me about your wedding.

Or your dream wedding.

I'm in love with dip dye right now and want to incorporate it somehow.

#2 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

My dream wedding would be elegant with black/white/red as the color theme. It'd be in the fall. Ceremony would be outdoors, if possible, reception in-doors. I'd be wearing a black dress and my bridesmaids in white, and we'd have red accents. It'd be pretty small. But think like fancy chairs, tables and center pieces, hanging lights outside, it'd be right before the sun started going down, lots of flowers...sighhh.

My actual wedding wasn't much. Just got married in a court house. It was hot. I looked disgusting because I was on chemotherapy. My hair was half-gone so I wore this hideous headband thing that Baldman hated, and actually, I didn't really like it either I just didn't want people to see the balding. My closest sibling couldn't be there because work. We went to a crappy chain restaurant after and I worked four hours later. But it was still the best day of my life because Baldman. <3

#3 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

My dream wedding would be elegant with black/white/red as the color theme. It'd be in the fall. Ceremony would be outdoors, if possible, reception in-doors. I'd be wearing a black dress and my bridesmaids in white, and we'd have red accents. It'd be pretty small. But think like fancy chairs, tables and center pieces, hanging lights outside, it'd be right before the sun started going down, lots of flowers...sighhh.

My actual wedding wasn't much. Just got married in a court house. It was hot. I looked disgusting because I was on chemotherapy. My hair was half-gone so I wore this hideous headband thing that Baldman hated, and actually, I didn't really like it either I just didn't want people to see the balding. My closest sibling couldn't be there because work. We went to a crappy chain restaurant after and I worked four hours later. But it was still the best day of my life because Baldman. <3

AWWWWW You can always renew your vows and shit.

What kind of flowers do you like?

#4 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:33 PM

AWWWWW You can always renew your vows and shit.

What kind of flowers do you like?

That's actually the plan. We were going to do it at our five year (which was last winter) but we bought a house instead and it just wasn't the right time. We decided to do it at our ten year if we can.

I love lilies and orchids. I'd probably get red or white orchids for my flowers, with calla lily accents. Is that lame? lol feels lame.

#5 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

That's actually the plan. We were going to do it at our five year (which was last winter) but we bought a house instead and it just wasn't the right time. We decided to do it at our ten year if we can.
I love lilies and orchids. I'd probably get red or white orchids for my flours, with calla lily accents. Is that lame? lol feels lame.

I might already have our renewal place picked out for a billion years from now bc it was my DREAM WEDDING PLACE for my whole life, but we found a much more symbolic/practical/romantic place that represents us instead.

I LOVE calla lilies. When you first said lily, I was thinking like Easter/funeral, but calla lilies are awesome. We planted some last year in the garden. They come in pretty colors too.

#6 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

I might already have our renewal place picked out for a billion years from now bc it was my DREAM WEDDING PLACE for my whole life, but we found a much more symbolic/practical/romantic place that represents us instead.

I LOVE calla lilies. When you first said lily, I was thinking like Easter/funeral, but calla lilies are awesome. We planted some last year in the garden. They come in pretty colors too.

Aha, that's awesome! I think that's a good idea - do the practical/romantic one first and when you guys are more settled for a renewal, go for the dream one.

AND YES. Calla lilies are fucking perfect. I love them so much. I'm not crazy about other lilies, but I absolutely love the simplistic beauty of calla lilies. 

Also, here's a photo of us on our wedding day. We were so baby face then lol. And jesus I look like really white and creepy skinny.

Spoiler

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:50 PM

My dream wedding is in a court house with two witnesses and 10k in my savings account.

#8 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Aha, that's awesome! I think that's a good idea - do the practical/romantic one first and when you guys are more settled for a renewal, go for the dream one.

AND YES. Calla lilies are fucking perfect. I love them so much. I'm not crazy about other lilies, but I absolutely love the simplistic beauty of calla lilies. 
Also, here's a photo of us on our wedding day. We were so baby face then lol. And jesus I look like really white and creepy skinny.

Spoiler

Yeah, I remember when you looked closer to this! Like my ex roomate.

My dream wedding is in a court house with two witnesses and 10k in my savings account.

10k? I'd never get married.

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 02:55 PM

10k? I'd never get married.

Well it doesn't necessarily all have to go towards the wedding, but I can't see myself spending a ton on a party for other people.

#10 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

An open bar with an unlimited supply of cosmopolitans. 

No dancing, unless it's the no-pants-dance.

White people are not allowed to do the robot.

Black decorations and flowers, lots and lots of black.

A really really moist chocolate cake. Omg

#11 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Sheesh, I haven't been to a wedding in over 10 years, and none of my friends invited me to theirs. D:

If I get married, my dream wedding is to get married by the water on a spring/summer day. Preferably no witnesses because I'm nervous around people.

#12 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:51 PM

Full cosplay.

Preferably something Star wars, Elder scrolls or Mass effect related. 

Fuck traditional wedding stuff, there's not even going to be a religious aspect to the ceremony either. 

I could drop the cosplay thing if my partner really didn't want to do it but we already want to cosplay together so, it'll probably happen. 

I wanted to wear a fursuit but there were objections. 

#13 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:06 PM

I have no clue, as I'm still way too young and plan to marry after I graduate (still 5 years to go). BUT, I know for sure that I want a big ass wedding. I'll probably let my wife choose everything. I just want a cool party.

#14 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

An traditional Japanese wedding .

Spoiler

#15 Kakashi

Kakashi
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:09 PM

I dont care much for weddings and hate being the center of attention. So my dream wedding would be to elope. or get married in a courthouse and spend the rest of the $ traveling for the honeymoon 

#16 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:08 AM

Almost 8 years on & I wouldn't change a thing about mine. Slightly soggy July day in England. There was huge amounts of tequila and dancing and it was all done massively on the cheap because we were so young. I had peonies for my flowers. One of the Boy's friends from art school made my dress and it was incredible. Went interrailing around Europe on our honeymoon. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made.

#17 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

I don't really have a desire to get married. Yeah, I know, the LGBT community have fought to get married, but it just doesn't interest me. My boyfriends have been together for a long time and still aren't married. They say they have a few mortgages together and that's more binding  :lol2:

#18 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:06 AM

What's the benefits to getting married? I don't know if i'd ever want to. Last wedding I went to was my brother's and I hate formal events :/ I even skipped out on my school prom to go to a motorbike show instead, just went to the house party afterwards :p

#19 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:17 AM

What's the benefits to getting married? I don't know if i'd ever want to. Last wedding I went to was my brother's and I hate formal events :/ I even skipped out on my school prom to go to a motorbike show instead, just went to the house party afterwards :p

Make it informal. make it what  you want it.

Also I relate I skipped prom too because fuck that

#20 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

Various tax and other benefits in the UK that apply if you're married. *shrugs* Mine wasn't particularly formal, it was mostly a massive piss-up with a 5 minute legal formality. (Also, I didn't know that Rob got married!)

#21 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

Never been married or had my own wedding but my friend had a destination wedding in Seaside Florida and wow was it beautiful

Also it should be a law to have an open bar at your wedding

#22 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

Never been married or had my own wedding but my friend had a destination wedding in Seaside Florida and wow was it beautiful

Also it should be a law to have an open bar at your wedding

Most weddings seem like a lot of money and stress for a few hours. I do agree with the open bar statement though! 

Edited by Trapezeo, 16 April 2017 - 01:51 PM.

#23 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

I just want the fancy stationary invitations. With the wax seals and all that good stuff. Mmm

#24 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

Well it doesn't necessarily all have to go towards the wedding, but I can't see myself spending a ton on a party for other people.

oh, I just thought you meant in general, like savings for the future, off to a good start, etc.

An traditional Japanese wedding .

Spoiler

What is your favorite part of this type of wedding?

For me, it's because we have kids and a blended family. It'll remove a step for adopting my oldest and if I die in the next 18ish years, it'll be easier for everyone because there will be clear places for all my children, provided my husband doesn't die with me.

#25 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

I've always wanted to get married. I would never have a huge reception hall type wedding, though. My perfect wedding would be like in Forrest Gump. Small, outdoors, with just the few people that you love.

I also like casual looking dresses because I hate attention and shit.

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, deju va, deja.vu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users