• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#26 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:26 PM

I've always wanted to get married. I would never have a huge reception hall type wedding, though. My perfect wedding would be like in Forrest Gump. Small, outdoors, with just the few people that you love.

I also like casual looking dresses because I hate attention and shit.

Spoiler

The place we are having it at is between gazebos and a creek and I'm thrilled about it

I really like that dress too.

#27 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

The place we are having it at is between gazebos and a creek and I'm thrilled about it

I really like that dress too.

Oooo. Send pictures. That sounds lovely.

Do you know what kind of dress you're going to wear?

#28 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

Oooo. Send pictures. That sounds lovely.
Do you know what kind of dress you're going to wear?

I'll take some when we go tour/rent.

No, but like I said, I'm really into the dip dye look and I'm closer to hippy than classy, so I'm thinking white sheath style with a link bottom.

An open bar with an unlimited supply of cosmopolitans. 
No dancing, unless it's the no-pants-dance.
White people are not allowed to do the robot.
Black decorations and flowers, lots and lots of black.
A really really moist chocolate cake. Omg

No pants for just you or like an orgy?

#29 Blanc

Blanc
  • 1058 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:08 PM

oh, I just thought you meant in general, like savings for the future, off to a good start, etc.

What is your favorite part of this type of wedding?

For me, it's because we have kids and a blended family. It'll remove a step for adopting my oldest and if I die in the next 18ish years, it'll be easier for everyone because there will be clear places for all my children, provided my husband doesn't die with me.

Just because the clothes and the Sake xP

#30 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:48 PM

I am getting married in 24 days. I will post pics when all is said and done. It has been a long engagement, primarily because we are paying for it ourselves. At times, we wished we would've went the courthouse route, simply because of how much it is going to cost. I am looking forward to it though, and I know my fiancee is as well. I don't have much to say about the setting and the dress and all that, although I am sure my future wife could talk about it for hours. It is going to be "rustic" as we are getting married on a 300 acre farm. I will say that I am stoked for my bachelor party next weekend, and our honeymoon of course.

#31 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

I am getting married in 24 days. I will post pics when all is said and done. It has been a long engagement, primarily because we are paying for it ourselves. At times, we wished we would've went the courthouse route, simply because of how much it is going to cost. I am looking forward to it though, and I know my fiancee is as well. I don't have much to say about the setting and the dress and all that, although I am sure my future wife could talk about it for hours. It is going to be "rustic" as we are getting married on a 300 acre farm. I will say that I am stoked for my bachelor party next weekend, and our honeymoon of course.

Omg! Congrats to you and your lady. Post pics!

#32 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

It has been long. I seriously thought you were already married. Congratulations!

You got my 9000th post.

#33 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

It has been long. I seriously thought you were already married. Congratulations!

You got my 9000th post.

Quite an honor to have bestowed upon me! We got in engaged in October of 2015 so it's been a minute, although time has definitely flown.

#34 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

I haven't given my own wedding much thought tbh. All I want is a huge party with all my family and friends. In spring, summer or autumn. Lots of sunshine. But not too much. I've been at way too many hot weddings where I sweated my foundation off and everyone looked like a mess in general.

That being said, I love weddings! The emotions, the people, the fooooood! And you can absolutely count on me to burst into tears when the couple both say their vows or "I do". Even if I don't really know them, oops.

#35 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

I haven't given my own wedding much thought tbh. All I want is a huge party with all my family and friends. In spring, summer or autumn. Lots of sunshine. But not too much. I've been at way too many hot weddings where I sweated my foundation off and everyone looked like a mess in general.

That being said, I love weddings! The emotions, the people, the fooooood! And you can absolutely count on me to burst into tears when the couple both say their vows or "I do". Even if I don't really know them, oops.

Think now, What would you eat at yours?

#36 zex

zex
  • 224 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:08 PM

I want to get married by an Elvis impersonator while dressed as a rockabilly and drink with my intended and my family. Sounds like a great time to me.

#37 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:39 AM

Think now, What would you eat at yours?

Burgers! Vegan/vegetarian burgers too... Dessert burgers... I just really love burgers.

#38 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

I want to get married by an Elvis impersonator while dressed as a rockabilly and drink with my intended and my family. Sounds like a great time to me.

Perfect.

What would you drink?

#39 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:10 PM

Oh, talbs! congrats!!! :D big farm/rustic weddings are the best.

Where yall honeymoonin??

Maybe I'm a grump, but I think I would just elope... if the time comes. My younger sister is married, my older sister is getting married in September... so I'm hoping my parents will be "wedding-ed" out and I can just go to the courthouse, maybe have a party after.

@Jess I wish I could do your hair for it. Wedding hair is my faaaavorite!!! I had a bride this morning actually, and two bridesmaids... and 8 girls going to prom. LOTS of updos today. lol

#40 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:44 AM

Where yall honeymoonin??

Punta Cana in the Dominican!

#41 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

Where yall honeymoonin??

Maybe I'm a grump, but I think I would just elope... if the time comes. My younger sister is married, my older sister is getting married in September... so I'm hoping my parents will be "wedding-ed" out and I can just go to the courthouse, maybe have a party after.

@Jess I wish I could do your hair for it. Wedding hair is my faaaavorite!!! I had a bride this morning actually, and two bridesmaids... and 8 girls going to prom. LOTS of updos today. lol

I wish you could too. I want waterfall braids. (I think that's what they're called anyway)

#42 Trinket

Trinket
  • Peen of the Quorygons

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

This topic has been on my mind so much lately but I'm clueless.  I think a beach wedding would be gorgeous, but living in the UK is a bit hit or miss with weather...

One thing I neeeeed though, have you seen the boho shops on etsy? These things [1] [2] [3]; they're beautiful and I want one <3

#43 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

This topic has been on my mind so much lately but I'm clueless.  I think a beach wedding would be gorgeous, but living in the UK is a bit hit or miss with weather...

One thing I neeeeed though, have you seen the boho shops on etsy? These things [1] [2] [3]; they're beautiful and I want one <3

Ohhhh I love these too. These are perfect. Much better than flower wreaths.

#44 Coops

Coops
  • šŸŒ§ļøšŸŒ©ļøšŸŒ§ļø

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

The second and third ones are amazing. *-*

#45 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

I wish you could too. I want waterfall braids. (I think that's what they're called anyway)

Love braids!!! :D Esp if you had pretty things to put in your hair

I loooove stuff like this, it always makes me so happy when people come get updos/bridal styles and have these type of things to put in.

#46 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

Mentioned back in April that I would share some wedding photos once they were done. I created a topic over here.

#47 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Who are you marrying, @Jess?

#48 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 July 2017 - 07:28 PM

We were married in a historical building that had been a post office and a library, and is currently an art gallery and community cultural center in my parents' hometown.  We made all of the food ourselves.  The whole thing cost less than $4000.  There was hardly anyone there, but some of my family came, and his parents came from England.

Different family members all held a flower and passed them to me as I walked up the aisle, building my bouquet as I went.  It was symbolic, and I really liked it.  It was a winter wonderland color palette, dark blues and silvers and white with some sparkles.  My gay uncles decorated for me for free (they even purchased all the decorations themselves).

It was 1/1/14, cold as fuck.  I wore a cape and a hand muff outside.  That night my parents' put us up in a hotel.  We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse and I got really sick after drinking half of a margarita because of my liver damage, which we didn't know about at the time.

If I could go back I would have invited way more people.  I would not have assumed that people wouldn't come.  Though it was really hard because we only had a 90 day window to get married with the visa requirements, so not really much advance notice to give people.  But still.  I also would have tried to have an actual honeymoon, and not drank any alcohol at all.

Congrats, good luck, hope the dip dye works out

#49 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

Who are you marrying, @Jess?

Not yung. 

#50 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts