• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#51 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

He's a Pisces-horse, 5' 8ish, is an industrial painter, has degrees in philosophy and Eastern theology, and is perfectly happy taking us to state parks and quoting poetry at me under trees. How could I say no to that?

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

We got married in a trailer park when I was 5 months pregnant

#53 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

He's a Pisces-horse, 5' 8ish, is an industrial painter, has degrees in philosophy and Eastern theology, and is perfectly happy taking us to state parks and quoting poetry at me under trees. How could I say no to that?

Pfft. What kind of a degree is philosophy and theology?

#54 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

We got married in a trailer park when I was 5 months pregnant

pure romance   

Pfft. What kind of a degree is philosophy and theology?

you mean that's not part of the requirements to paint water towers??

#55 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

pure romance  

It's like those "give a bad description of your favourite movie" memes. 
It was actually really beautiful and sentimental, it was at my Grandmother's. 

#56 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, the pictures I've seen didn't line up with that particular description lol

#57 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

you mean that's not part of the requirements to paint water towers??

I believe you can do that without any degree at all!

#58 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

Oh der- we actually went and talked to the woman about the venue, but my phone is broken right now so I can't post pics. I'll try to remember later. @cara

#59 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Dawww. That sounds pretty in a very poignant way.

As for the question at hand (despite it being months old) I am pretty set about vegetarian (maybe even vegan) catering. It'll all be healthy canapes and sparkling water too. Aggressively promoting a health agenda next to minimizing my carbon and blood impact.

After the event though, small dinners with people who matter. I don't like big crowds and I'm the kind of social where i only want to spend time with people where i can hear what you say, you can hear what i say. I also don't want to be flustered while we eat a delicious dinner, I want to enjoy my dinner and feel you enjoy yours if we spend time together.

#60 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

I'm not sure about a wedding theme... I think I'd love a japanese themed wedding as well. Not trying to be a weeb, but I think like the cherry blossoms and bamboo styled stuff would look really beautiful.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, I totally want to be proposed to with a pokeball. They open the pokeball, there's the ring, and they say "[your name], I choose you."

//coughs i havent been planning this for awhile or anything...heh

#61 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Dawww. That sounds pretty in a very poignant way.

As for the question at hand (despite it being months old) I am pretty set about vegetarian (maybe even vegan) catering. It'll all be healthy canapes and sparkling water too. Aggressively promoting a health agenda next to minimizing my carbon and blood impact.

After the event though, small dinners with people who matter. I don't like big crowds and I'm the kind of social where i only want to spend time with people where i can hear what you say, you can hear what i say. I also don't want to be flustered while we eat a delicious dinner, I want to enjoy my dinner and feel you enjoy yours if we spend time together.

Yeah, every time we talk about the guest list, it gets smaller. I don't like people. Cake is gross and I don't eat wheat, so it'll end up being reasonably healthy anyway. Probably not easy on the carbon footprint though, since it'll be before anything weddingish is in season.

#62 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

Yeah, every time we talk about the guest list, it gets smaller. I don't like people. Cake is gross and I don't eat wheat, so it'll end up being reasonably healthy anyway. Probably not easy on the carbon footprint though, since it'll be before anything weddingish is in season.

I'm intrigued. What will you be planning to serve and what are you looking at in terms of the setting?

#63 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

I'm intrigued. What will you be planning to serve and what are you looking at in terms of the setting?

Late April, creekside at a government-protected glade, which kind of cuts down on how we can do things. (ie can't cook outside) As far as what'll be in season, usually it's salad around here at that time. Still a little early for things like asparagus and strawberries (though if we wait a few years, I bet it'll be warm enough to do that kind of thing)

#64 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Oh der- we actually went and talked to the woman about the venue, but my phone is broken right now so I can't post pics. I'll try to remember later. @cara

Damn, I never saw this for some reason. Where are my pics????

#65 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Cake is gross and big weddings can be so stressy. 

But tangentially related - VIRGIL SHOULD BE YOUR RING-BEARER BECAUSE CUUUUTE. 

#66 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Tell everyone it's an engagement party.

Jokes on you.

It's my wedding.

#67 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Late April, creekside at a government-protected glade, which kind of cuts down on how we can do things. (ie can't cook outside) As far as what'll be in season, usually it's salad around here at that time. Still a little early for things like asparagus and strawberries (though if we wait a few years, I bet it'll be warm enough to do that kind of thing)

Sounds lovely. Also, because I watch a lot of The Nanny, a wedding menu would be appreciated.

#68 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

So we switched it to sept and the location due to circumstances beyond my control BUT this is actually a good thing because now I have more control over what I can do. We started seeds for the flowers and will have it timed so that some of my bushes and wild grasses will be ready for bouquets, I borrowed a few smokers for meat, and I started practicing a gluten free geode cake. 

#69 ziron2000

ziron2000
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:53 AM

I been married about 1.5 years now

Im from the UK but we got married in the Philippines at a 4* beach side hotel, the wedding was on the grounds near to the sea, and then the venue was in the ballroom.

We had about 200 guests, 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsman, 4 flower girls and 4 boys, full buffet and table service, wedding planner with about 10 entourage staff, set designer (we had a red and purple theme), real flowers everywhere, custom made dress, open bar with cocktails & shooters, the guests could drink to their hearts content

Theres other things we had too like multiple wedding photographers, live band, singers etc

About a week before the wedding we had a prenup photoshoot, we hired a private island for the day to have all the photos on, was a good day.

#70 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:07 AM

Im from the UK but we got married in the Philippines at a 4* beach side hotel, the wedding was on the grounds near to the sea, and then the venue was in the ballroom.

We had about 200 guests, 6 bridesmaids, 6 groomsman, 4 flower girls and 4 boys, full buffet and table service, wedding planner with about 10 entourage staff, set designer (we had a red and purple theme), real flowers everywhere, custom made dress, open bar with cocktails & shooters, the guests could drink to their hearts content

Theres other things we had too like multiple wedding photographers, live band, singers etc

About a week before the wedding we had a prenup photoshoot, we hired a private island for the day to have all the photos on, was a good day.

200 guests? That would be like putting on a small performance. Did you feel nervous at all or was it a walk in the park?

#71 ziron2000

ziron2000
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:40 AM

200 guests? That would be like putting on a small performance. Did you feel nervous at all or was it a walk in the park?

Was crapping my pants big time

#72 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:02 AM

I think I'm going to Elope on my two year anniversary (already engaged).

#73 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:20 PM

That sounds beautiful, but I'm thankful I don't know anywhere near that many people.

#74 misswhatsit

misswhatsit
  • 3 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Got married two years ago and I planned the whole thing on a 6k budget. We got married in a public park that closed for the day just for us and there was a cottage on the premises. We had about 50 or so people there. It was really nice. I still remember the cake to this day... it was so good and we put the flowers in ourselves to cut costs lol

1fa3nr.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, deju va, deja.vu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users