• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:12 AM

He's a Pisces-horse, 5' 8ish, is an industrial painter, has degrees in philosophy and Eastern theology, and is perfectly happy taking us to state parks and quoting poetry at me under trees. How could I say no to that?

#52 Kate

Kate
  • 🐟🐳

• 7,364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

We got married in a trailer park when I was 5 months pregnant

#53 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1,097 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

He's a Pisces-horse, 5' 8ish, is an industrial painter, has degrees in philosophy and Eastern theology, and is perfectly happy taking us to state parks and quoting poetry at me under trees. How could I say no to that?

Pfft. What kind of a degree is philosophy and theology?

#54 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

We got married in a trailer park when I was 5 months pregnant

pure romance   

Pfft. What kind of a degree is philosophy and theology?

you mean that's not part of the requirements to paint water towers??

#55 Kate

Kate
  • 🐟🐳

• 7,364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:40 AM

pure romance  

It's like those "give a bad description of your favourite movie" memes. 
It was actually really beautiful and sentimental, it was at my Grandmother's. 

#56 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, the pictures I've seen didn't line up with that particular description lol

#57 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1,097 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

you mean that's not part of the requirements to paint water towers??

I believe you can do that without any degree at all!

#58 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:51 AM

Oh der- we actually went and talked to the woman about the venue, but my phone is broken right now so I can't post pics. I'll try to remember later. @cara

#59 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 768 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

Dawww. That sounds pretty in a very poignant way.

As for the question at hand (despite it being months old) I am pretty set about vegetarian (maybe even vegan) catering. It'll all be healthy canapes and sparkling water too. Aggressively promoting a health agenda next to minimizing my carbon and blood impact.

After the event though, small dinners with people who matter. I don't like big crowds and I'm the kind of social where i only want to spend time with people where i can hear what you say, you can hear what i say. I also don't want to be flustered while we eat a delicious dinner, I want to enjoy my dinner and feel you enjoy yours if we spend time together.

#60 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

I'm not sure about a wedding theme... I think I'd love a japanese themed wedding as well. Not trying to be a weeb, but I think like the cherry blossoms and bamboo styled stuff would look really beautiful.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE, I totally want to be proposed to with a pokeball. They open the pokeball, there's the ring, and they say "[your name], I choose you."

//coughs i havent been planning this for awhile or anything...heh

#61 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Dawww. That sounds pretty in a very poignant way.

As for the question at hand (despite it being months old) I am pretty set about vegetarian (maybe even vegan) catering. It'll all be healthy canapes and sparkling water too. Aggressively promoting a health agenda next to minimizing my carbon and blood impact.

After the event though, small dinners with people who matter. I don't like big crowds and I'm the kind of social where i only want to spend time with people where i can hear what you say, you can hear what i say. I also don't want to be flustered while we eat a delicious dinner, I want to enjoy my dinner and feel you enjoy yours if we spend time together.

Yeah, every time we talk about the guest list, it gets smaller. I don't like people. Cake is gross and I don't eat wheat, so it'll end up being reasonably healthy anyway. Probably not easy on the carbon footprint though, since it'll be before anything weddingish is in season.

#62 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 768 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:18 AM

Yeah, every time we talk about the guest list, it gets smaller. I don't like people. Cake is gross and I don't eat wheat, so it'll end up being reasonably healthy anyway. Probably not easy on the carbon footprint though, since it'll be before anything weddingish is in season.

I'm intrigued. What will you be planning to serve and what are you looking at in terms of the setting?

#63 Jess

Jess
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9,216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

I'm intrigued. What will you be planning to serve and what are you looking at in terms of the setting?

Late April, creekside at a government-protected glade, which kind of cuts down on how we can do things. (ie can't cook outside) As far as what'll be in season, usually it's salad around here at that time. Still a little early for things like asparagus and strawberries (though if we wait a few years, I bet it'll be warm enough to do that kind of thing)

#64 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3,191 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

Oh der- we actually went and talked to the woman about the venue, but my phone is broken right now so I can't post pics. I'll try to remember later. @cara

Damn, I never saw this for some reason. Where are my pics????

#65 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 3,607 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:14 PM

Cake is gross and big weddings can be so stressy. 

But tangentially related - VIRGIL SHOULD BE YOUR RING-BEARER BECAUSE CUUUUTE. 

#66 Padme

Padme
  • 1,577 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

Tell everyone it's an engagement party.

Jokes on you.

It's my wedding.

#67 pancakeface

pancakeface
  • 768 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:58 AM

Late April, creekside at a government-protected glade, which kind of cuts down on how we can do things. (ie can't cook outside) As far as what'll be in season, usually it's salad around here at that time. Still a little early for things like asparagus and strawberries (though if we wait a few years, I bet it'll be warm enough to do that kind of thing)

Sounds lovely. Also, because I watch a lot of The Nanny, a wedding menu would be appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merica, deju va, deja.vu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users