Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2018 - 12:49 PM

Cleaning.

Sex.

Reading.

Bike riding.

Running.

Gardening (#stereotypes)

@Romy do you have a picture of your garden? I've been thinking of starting a small one in my back yard.

#52 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:38 PM

@Romy do you have a picture of your garden? I've been thinking of starting a small one in my back yard.

Here are some older pictures from like...early 2016?
https://imgur.com/a/Zh9Oj

#53 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Here are some older pictures from like...early 2016?
https://imgur.com/a/Zh9Oj

Oh my gosh that's so pretty! I don't know why but I just imagined something a lot more simple, like a herb box on your kitchen windowsill lol

#54 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:44 PM

Playing an instrument is usually effective at getting my mind off things.

#55 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:22 PM

Oh my gosh that's so pretty! I don't know why but I just imagined something a lot more simple, like a herb box on your kitchen windowsill lol

Thank you very much!
I have roughly...8 fruit trees? The rest of the plants are drought resistant (#CaliNoWater) and I've set up a drip irrigation system to minimize the amount of water I use. The fruit trees do well considering how little water they get. I thank the mild California weather for that.

For some reason, herbs don't take well at my house. I do have some wild spearmint growing but it's more ground cover than anything (although it's a great soup addition).

Sorry. I could go on for days about this hahaa ^_^;

#56 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:27 PM

Thank you very much!
I have roughly...8 fruit trees? The rest of the plants are drought resistant (#CaliNoWater) and I've set up a drip irrigation system to minimize the amount of water I use. The fruit trees do well considering how little water they get. I thank the mild California weather for that.

For some reason, herbs don't take well at my house. I do have some wild spearmint growing but it's more ground cover than anything (although it's a great soup addition).

That's so awesome! It's such a useful skill to have to be honest. When the apocalypse goes down you're going to outlive the rest of us, man.

#57 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2018 - 07:50 AM

Thank you very much!

For some reason, herbs don't take well at my house. I do have some wild spearmintThat growing but it's more ground cover than anything (although it's a great soup addition).

You've got a pretty good looking garden, what kind of fruit trees do you have planted?

We've got a nice apple tree that's gotten a lot bigger over the last couple of years. We couldn't figure out why it wouldn't produce apples, just figured out recently we'll have to get a 2nd to actually act as a pollinator. :doh:

#58 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:48 AM

You've got a pretty good looking garden, what kind of fruit trees do you have planted?

We've got a nice apple tree that's gotten a lot bigger over the last couple of years. We couldn't figure out why it wouldn't produce apples, just figured out recently we'll have to get a 2nd to actually act as a pollinator. :doh:

I've been wanting to plant an apple tree or two but I was curious how they hold out in the Winter when they're young. I live in NB, Canada and we get some harsh Winters where the ground is rarely thawed, but it's been unpredictable this year.

#59 pyke

pyke
  • 13686 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

I've been wanting to plant an apple tree or two but I was curious how they hold out in the Winter when they're young. I live in NB, Canada and we get some harsh Winters where the ground is rarely thawed, but it's been unpredictable this year.

As a fellow 'Swicker (small world eh?), you shouldn't have to worry too much. Mulch/pine needles will prevent potential root damage and you can always get tree wraps if you're concerned about the limbs. When I planted my apple tree, I believe it was around 2-3 feet tall, so fairly young.

#60 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:37 PM

Thank you!
I have Grapefruit, 2 Orange, Papaya, Guava, 2 Lemon, Avocado and Loquat (although this one requires the least help ha).

Apple trees are super hard to get to grow fruit. I really wish that I could manage to grow one but they always died young. :( You're halfway there though! (And ahead of me too!) I wish I could offer some advice but I just kinda free-ball planting haha.

#61 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 16 February 2018 - 08:51 AM

As a fellow 'Swicker (small world eh?), you shouldn't have to worry too much. Mulch/pine needles will prevent potential root damage and you can always get tree wraps if you're concerned about the limbs. When I planted my apple tree, I believe it was around 2-3 feet tall, so fairly young.

That's fantastic! I will definitely give it a shot then.

#62 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2018 - 06:25 AM

pyke <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users