Quantcast

Photo

Book count different when changing language?

books

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:08 AM

I recently noticed - I tried to search the forum for a previous topic but didn't find any, so I decided to ask - when I go to my pet's Ref page and click to see how many books it has read, the number, when viewing the page in English, is lower compared to viewing the page for example in French or Chinese even. Any ideas why this happens?

#2 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:11 AM

It could be because the newer books don't have anything other than English names? But I'm not really sure, that's certainly peculiar!

#3 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:27 AM

That's what I thought at first, but again, the English number is lower. If the new books didn't count towards other language, then the number in English would be higher, right? In French it says my pet read 9 books more than in English. On top of that when I run the checklist thingie at JN it shows my pet has read one book more than the number shown on my pet's ref in English. So strange...

#4 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:42 AM

Oh whoops, I'm sorry - I totally misread that. That's even weirder! Maybe your book list is haunted. By ghosts :o

#5 Bendida

Bendida
  • 354 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:58 AM

Ahaha, maybe :) I'm too far from any trophy position but if someday, by chance, I get close, I'll make sure to switch my language to the most favorable one for me ;) Who knows, maybe it will work... if Neopets isn't long dead by then, considering how many books my pet still has to read.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users