Quantcast

Nostalgia thread!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

Have any memories of past neopets events, or anything in general? Or even better, screen caps!

Right now, I'm remembering when Moltara was discovered, mostly because I randomly got a plot item for it on a page. 

I wish you could still collect the trophy and theme for that but hey, was a nice little memory. 

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Ugh, if that stupid ass Matt Damon movie didn't crash my external HD, I'd post so many awesome old screenshots. I guess my favorite is during the first dupe I had like 10 FSS's, a few super attack peas, and...a lot of TTears. Ahhh the good ole days.

#3 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Ugh, if that stupid ass Matt Damon movie didn't crash my external HD, I'd post so many awesome old screenshots. I guess my favorite is during the first dupe I had like 10 FSS's, a few super attack peas, and...a lot of TTears. Ahhh the good ole days.

How did a matt damon movie do that?

#4 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4769 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

How did a matt damon movie do that?

My mom was out here in Arizona for my birthday. She wanted to watch that movie where Matt Damon is rescued from space, so I *bought* the movie, and put it on my external hard drive. Plugged it in to the TV like I do with every other movie I watch, and *zip* *zap* *buzzzzz* hard drive worky no more.

#5 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:06 PM

My mom was out here in Arizona for my birthday. She wanted to watch that movie where Matt Damon is rescued from space, so I *bought* the movie, and put it on my external hard drive. Plugged it in to the TV like I do with every other movie I watch, and *zip* *zap* *buzzzzz* hard drive worky no more.

OUCH. Sorry to hear ;-;

#6 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 03:57 PM

I've been on neopets for way too long (around 13 years). One of my memories was the old sidebar. I also loved playing the sponsored games: maya and Miguel, some game with Buster from Arthur, and some skateboarding game.

#7 Canineike

Canineike
  • 62 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

sponsored advert video

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 05:57 PM

Youngsters like the whole lot of ye don't get true pain.

-When you have to visit the Healing Springs faerie every 15 minutes so you can be cured of the disease incurred from war bd challengers like the giant spyders in order to battle again.

-When TNT members like Dirigibles socialized with the player base.

-When being super rich and have a BD pet that can beat the Snowager meant something.

-When you got angry for losing a font contest with glows and shadows because of the host's bias.

-When the 6 iconer Scarab Stone Slingshot was the gold standard for beginner battlers. 

-When everyone complained that the Pant Devil was too hard to receive as an opponent so TNT added new ways to get him.

-I remember serenitysmile and Neopian Paradise.

-The blackout incident where one Royalboy Kougra (WAY BEFORE THE CONVERSION) was duped 60 times and everyone who adopted one from the pound including the original owner was frozen. 

-Neocam and the disappointment from the TNT human avatars not resembling their counterparts

#9 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

Grundos  gym

When borovan would talk on neoboards (including the time he said darigan would win the war and meridell would be destroyed, so I bought lots of meridell stuff I thought would retire [like maraqua was drowned for forever] but alas, it never worked in my favor)

When I bought a hand painted scarab and it got nerfed like a week later

When the neoboards were waaaayyyyyy more lax (and the glowy fonts...)

#10 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:43 PM

Did someone says nostalgia and screenshots?

*Inhale* CHAO FUCKING GARDEN!!!

(Just began to play SA2B again, on a 12 years old save file)

Spoiler

#11 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

Did someone says nostalgia and screenshots?

*Inhale* CHAO FUCKING GARDEN!!!

(Just began to play SA2B again, on a 12 years old save file)

Spoiler

I love your chaos and that game in general but this is for neopets :p

#12 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:21 PM

Look at your original post, you said " or anything in general". This would appear not to limit the conversation to neopets related items so it would appear that Chaos and fucking in gardens are within the scope of the original question.     Says the lawyer in training. 

Edited by NMP, 08 May 2017 - 09:22 PM.

#13 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Look at your original post, you said " or anything in general". This would appear not to limit the conversation to neopets related items so it would appear that Chaos and fucking in gardens are within the scope of the original question.     Says the lawyer in training. 

Yes but you'd clearly see it's in the neopets section, and by 'or anything in general' it would be classified as other things related to nostalgia in neopets. If it were meant for general things, it wouldn't be put in this section. 

#14 InsertUsername

InsertUsername
  • 107 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

Oh, I didn't see it was in Neopet General Chat, sorry. The wording was confusing.

#15 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

Oh, I didn't see it was in Neopet General Chat, sorry. The wording was confusing.

Feel free to PM me your chaos though. 

I love that game

#16 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

I remember a loooong time ago when my friends also played Neo. I'm the only one in the squad who still even thinks about it, probably. :'D I pretty clearly remember this riddle/cipher in the Neopian News a few years back (kinda recent past) where no one could solve it for a few rounds. I think the answer was something to do with Tyrannia? I wish I could recall better haha

#17 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:48 AM

I remember the skinny Zafara.

1_blue_circle.gif

When I was a lil kid starting my account that was my first neopet. I still really dig 'em! They look cool ....aaaand then they revamped em into that horrible... thing

zafara_blue_baby.gif

saddest day of child Jared's neo-life

I also remember back when jobs (from job coupons) actually had competition to get and were one of the bigger parts of the site

#18 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

Youngsters like the whole lot of ye don't get true pain.

-When you have to visit the Healing Springs faerie every 15 minutes so you can be cured of the disease incurred from war bd challengers like the giant spyders in order to battle again.

God FUCKING dammit I hated this. And only the weak itchy yeti gave you the illness because not having a good BD pet wasn't bad enough. Fuck you, Hannah and the Ice Caves.

The worst was the "support" roll in the Maraqua war. Getting points was incredibly inefficient compared to having a kickass battle pet sweeping through waves.

#19 Clipper

Clipper
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

I've only recently gotten back into Neopets and on here, and things have definitely changed there. The community seems smaller than it was, though still alive, and I miss a lot of the old features that didn't make it through the data switch, like the Almost Abandoned Attic and World Challenge. For the reaaal old nostalgia, anyone remember the Ski Lodge Murder Mystery and the Sacrificer things the staff did? Those were so creepy and I followed them religiously as a kid, like 'WHO'S NEXT.' I never did guess the killer, though.

#20 Kakashi

Kakashi
  • 71 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

I remember the old sidebar. I had been attempting to painstakingly create my own for my userlookup through paint and just as i was almost done, they switched them :(

#21 bphoenix2424

bphoenix2424
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

I remember voting for paintbrushes. If I remember correctly it was island/tartan/baby. I think this is when Baby won. I remember logging in and seeing my glass acara turned island too. Holy cow, that was forever ago. I could even be remembering some of it wrong. xD

#22 masxed

masxed
  • 712 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

I miss the days that I used to play while enjoying some cannabis , not many of my days have been worth living , but those days were! :)

#23 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

I miss the days that I used to play while enjoying some cannabis , not many of my days have been worth living , but those days were! :)

there is no other way to play petsites tbh

#24 limbust

limbust
  • 13 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

back when i was a child and being rich was hella hard 

#25 manophear

manophear
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

Having plot events, period. Hah, I remember watching the Lost Desert event unfold day-by-day. Even the Ski Lodge Mystery. Some of those deaths were really graphic for the site, looking back at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users