Issues with Ambrosia relating to item database

ab item database

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 evolushen

evolushen
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

So I tried using ambrosia for a short trial yesterday ( first time), and while the program was quite impressive, I have had trouble with getting it to buy profitable items. This issue is linked to the item database prices. My account is new, so I have mainly been re-stocking at food and bookstores. Even when I have used Neocodex's item database in the past, the sell prices have been greatly inflated, especially for items such as purchased in the bakery. The result is that the program ended up buying several HTS and unprofitable items. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions about resolving this. I have found that Jellyneo, though sometimes underestimating prices, rarely is deviates too much from current market values. I would appreciate any thoughts on this topic. Thanks!

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:02 AM

You also have the option to create your own list of items for Abrosia to attempt to buy if you find that the automatic database lists aren't as profitable as you want. You just need to put them into a text document with one item on each line and then load them into the program. Our item database prices are an index of the lowest average prices of an item rather than the very lowest price an item will sell for so you might find making your own custom list works better for you.

#3 evolushen

evolushen
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Ahhh, okay thank you! I appreciate your advice. I will try doing that then. The problem for me was that the prices, especially bakery, were estimating that I could sell for 3, even 4 times the prices I found on SW.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ab, item database

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users