Netdragon acquires Jumpstart!?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

https://www.benzinga...ine-communities

Well hopefully this means some improvements in the future

I wonder if this is why Scrappy has been so talkative with the player base lately.

#2 Ehentalix

Ehentalix
  • Banned from trading - Do NOT trade with this member!

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:10 PM

Official press release from NetDragon: http://file.download..._e_20170704.pdf

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:30 PM

It's funny how Scrappy has been making 'discussion' boards, yet said they are not allowing 'negative' critiques/suggestions -_- HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO IMPROVE?!?!?! By throwing glitter and kissing fucking rainbows and butterflies?! Jesus christ....

#4 Ehentalix

Ehentalix

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:34 PM

It's funny how Scrappy has been making 'discussion' boards, yet said they are not allowing 'negative' critiques/suggestions -_- HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO IMPROVE?!?!?! By throwing glitter and kissing fucking rainbows and butterflies?! Jesus christ....

The intent was probably to discourage people from shitposting and just spamming the board with "This site sucks and you suck in particular"; but Scrappy can't say what they mean worth a damn lmao

#5 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

I cringe at the thought of this (an article I saw earlier today) at your mention of glitter: https://www.thesun.c...aises-sti-risk/

#6 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:35 PM

In Scrappy's defense, I think that "positive vibes only" may just mean that they'll be less receptive to suggestions if people are coming in to get upset.

Not that there aren't things to be upset about. The game is in shambles. But trash begets trash and I see how improvement can come from good vibes and level-headed suggestions.

#7 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I remember the time I hoped for improvements when Jumpstart took over Neopets, and you all remember what we got.  I can only see Neopets/Jumpstart going downhill from here.

#8 Ehentalix

Ehentalix

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:43 AM

I remember the time I hoped for improvements when Jumpstart took over Neopets, and you all remember what we got.  I can only see Neopets/Jumpstart going downhill from here.

In ND's defense, they're a much large company with a much larger pool of resources. JumpStart most likely bought Neopets in the first place to add to their IP portfolio and generate base revenue while looking for a buyer, which would explain why they only did the bare minimum to keep the site from collapsing completely.

#9 Waltz

Waltz
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:21 AM

Jumpstart might not be the best, but at least they aren't Viacom.

#10 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:42 AM

Jumpstart might not be the best, but at least they aren't Viacom.

Sorry, but at least Viacom took care of the site

#11 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:48 AM

but never really did anything with it so swings in round abouts

#12 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:49 AM

but never really did anything with it so swings in round abouts

At least they added new content to the site. 

#13 xcreamz

xcreamz
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

I could see this being really good for neo. I can't imagine it gets much worse from here lmao.

#14 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

I could actually see this working out in some good ways toward more mobile gaming as I'm reading about them, but not sure about how they will be with the rest of the site.

Or, who knows whether anything will change at all. Lol.

#15 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

I was wondering why Netdragon sounded so familiar. I used to play Conquer Online back in the day. Then the game went downhill as they became greedier and greedier and made almost everything that was good as P2P, and not just a few dollars either. Hundreds to thousands needed to be spent to make the account actually useful to battle others. I quit CO around then. I'd like to see them try something like that with Neopets!

#16 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:20 AM

I just want Neopets Treasure Keepers back :(

#17 Floofy

Floofy
  • 48 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:24 AM

In ND's defense, they're a much large company with a much larger pool of resources. JumpStart most likely bought Neopets in the first place to add to their IP portfolio and generate base revenue while looking for a buyer, which would explain why they only did the bare minimum to keep the site from collapsing completely.

Interesting...  If they really were searching for a buyer that would make sense.  Companies are so tricky.  You can't trust anything they say!  Poor Neopets is just being passed around for their large number of registered users.  What they don't care about is most of those accounts are abandoned...

Edited by Floofy, 05 July 2017 - 09:26 AM.

#18 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

Yeah I miss it too. Great, quality game. They let me build up my shop and then *poof* game gone :(

#19 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:48 AM

Yeah I miss it too. Great, quality game. They let me build up my shop and then *poof* game gone :(

Yeah, my shop was amazing. I had a lot of fun playing that game, it was a bummer how quickly it went away :/

#20 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Seriously fuck TNT for that

#21 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:08 PM

I'm hoping this means some much needed Neopets updates. They classified Neopets as one of JS top earning games and made it seem like it would be their priority so let up hope!

#22 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:02 PM

I'm hoping this means some much needed Neopets updates. They classified Neopets as one of JS top earning games and made it seem like it would be their priority so let up hope!

Indeed, I'm really hopeful to see some improvements.

#23 BirdistheWord

BirdistheWord
  • 204 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:15 PM

I was wondering why Netdragon sounded so familiar. I used to play Conquer Online back in the day. Then the game went downhill as they became greedier and greedier and made almost everything that was good as P2P, and not just a few dollars either. Hundreds to thousands needed to be spent to make the account actually useful to battle others. I quit CO around then. I'd like to see them try something like that with Neopets!

ooo yeah, some reviews about that remind me of the end of viacom era. "Greedy" , "destroyed the game", and "no support for their games" seem to pop up a lot.......It is hard to imagine how they would do to neopets what they did to CO though....I just can't see the average person spending 50 dollars on it, let alone hundreds...or thousands.

But, I don't feel very good about it after reading reviews. Their history suggests that they will do the absolute minimum.

Edited by BirdistheWord, 05 July 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#24 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:58 PM

I'm just letting bygones be bygones in terms of this years AC. I hope Netdragon does add new content and maybe brings a plot into the mix when they get started. 

#25 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

I think they can't make the game worse, so maybe it's good news, but I think nothing (or almost nothing) will change at all. However since Scrappy said some stuff (like possibly bringing Key Quest back) I hope they really try to revive the site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users