Netdragon acquires Jumpstart!?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#26 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

I think they can't make the game worse, so maybe it's good news, but I think nothing (or almost nothing) will change at all. However since Scrappy said some stuff (like possibly bringing Key Quest back) I hope they really try to revive the site.

I loved key quest. When I was in college I would go into the computer lab and fire up two browsers and log into my friends account and play on our accounts. I also loved habi. If those came back, I'd be thrilled.

#27 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:32 PM

I loved key quest. When I was in college I would go into the computer lab and fire up two browsers and log into my friends account and play on our accounts. I also loved habi. If those came back, I'd be thrilled.

I agree, it would be amazing to see BOTH of those back, plus AAA and a functional BD (I mean like in terms of the avatars, DoN, etc.). Also would be nice if they made Speed actually mean something again.

#28 Hikimaru

Hikimaru
  • Burst Linker

• 1049 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Man, I miss the 50k a day from Habi! Good times.

#29 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

I agree, it would be amazing to see BOTH of those back, plus AAA and a functional BD (I mean like in terms of the avatars, DoN, etc.). Also would be nice if they made Speed actually mean something again.

Yeah, I'd love to see DoN become active again! 

Man, I miss the 50k a day from Habi! Good times.

I would leave it up all the time and would bank 100k  :lol2: I'd eventually get my board locked out and TNT would need to clear it. Back then tickets were actually responded to pretty quickly! 

#30 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

I think they can't make the game worse, so maybe it's good news, but I think nothing (or almost nothing) will change at all. However since Scrappy said some stuff (like possibly bringing Key Quest back) I hope they really try to revive the site.

Did Scrappy actually talk about possibly bringing KQ back? OMG.... if so, I would be delighted if they actually did!

I agree, I would love Habi to come back as well... mega NPs to be earned lol

#31 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:36 AM

BRING BACK HABITARIUM!

#32 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:02 AM

WAIT KQ WAS MENTIONED?! THAT SHIT WAS MY JAM

#33 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:36 AM

BRING BACK HABITARIUM!

THIS.

WAIT KQ WAS MENTIONED?! THAT SHIT WAS MY JAM

AND THIS.

#34 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:39 AM

Fuck it I want habi back too

#35 kardashian

kardashian
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:27 AM

Jumpstart might not be the best, but at least they aren't Viacom.

Second this

•  

#36 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:08 PM

I mean, ND has A LOT of potential to bring back users or at least retain the remaining user base. Hopefully they do good things.

#37 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

What's ND stand for... I would say again but I don't think I ever knew lol. @Trapezeo

Oh duh, NetDragon... I was thinking it was some Neopets letters

#38 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

I mean, ND has A LOT of potential to bring back users or at least retain the remaining user base. Hopefully they do good things.

I said the same about JS. I'm worried but hopeful.

What's ND stand for... I would say again but I don't think I ever knew lol. @Trapezeo

Yeah, NetDragon XD

#39 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:23 PM

All I want is KQ and/or Habitarium back. If they can bring them back or make a game similar to them, I'll have a slightly more positive outlook on this change. :p

#40 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

I guess a fair question at this point, seeing that a strong majority feel that there are things we would be SO DAMN HAPPY to see back (KQ and Habitarium as huge faves), is this: what kind of timespan would we be patient seeing this happen within? If I'm feeling generous, I'd say that I would love to see one or the other at least happen within 9-12 months.

#41 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

Not gonna lie, if they brought KQ and Habi back I would actually play legit again. 

#42 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

I guess a fair question at this point, seeing that a strong majority feel that there are things we would be SO DAMN HAPPY to see back (KQ and Habitarium as huge faves), is this: what kind of timespan would we be patient seeing this happen within? If I'm feeling generous, I'd say that I would love to see one or the other at least happen within 9-12 months.

I will give them a year! :) A year to bring back old faves and or do something amazing to make the game player base grow again! I miss advertising for my guild and seeing the post on the 2nd page within seconds. We need more people to do NC trading with. I am just being cautiously optimistic.

#43 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

I will give them a year! :) A year to bring back old faves and or do something amazing to make the game player base grow again! I miss advertising for my guild and seeing the post on the 2nd page within seconds. We need more people to do NC trading with. I am just being cautiously optimistic.

if this stuff happens then we gotta get in touch there as I would LOVE to join any guild you have! And yeah, I totes understand the cautious optimism...yet I will hands-down bare my heart and say that I do have a tremendous soft spot for Neopets and would be so excited to see things improve. :)

#44 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

Hahaha if we are friends on Neopets, you will realize I play a guy on there! Hahaha. My secret disguise/ alter ego!

#45 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Hahaha if we are friends on Neopets, you will realize I play a guy on there! Hahaha. My secret disguise/ alter ego!

Totally couldn't care less, it's a place of entertainment and we can be who we want eh? :D

#46 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

lol, yep it's NetDragon. I was lazy and shortened it. 

I said the same about JS. I'm worried but hopeful.

Yeah, NetDragon XD

Yeah, I thought the same thing about JS, too. Only time will tell, I guess.

Not gonna lie, if they brought KQ and Habi back I would actually play legit again. 

YES! I totally would, too!

Edited by Trapezeo, 06 July 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#47 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

Totally couldn't care less, it's a place of entertainment and we can be who we want eh? :D

Right on! Just don't give me away hahahaha! 

#48 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

I think that one of the things bugging me most about the JS era beginning was that a slew of regular staff was wiped out and told to hit the road...while massive patchwork outsourcing (to avoid long-term commitments or benefits) was put in place. It seems that such hasn't been so nasty lately (so a bit of JS improvement), but no one can deny the shitshow for awhile there with art looking different form one week to the next (as in, new items didn't always necessarily look like they were homogeneous with the general theme of things...I guess the same could have been said of pet colorings too), and how can any of us forget that disaster of artwork forgery.

In any case: even if you are a "glass half empty" person, I think that you can at least say "let's look up and hope that the folks who acquired JS have an interest in inmproving Neopets".

#49 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, although I did like the new Candy and Marble PBs JS came out with!

#50 Grimley

Grimley

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, although I did like the new Candy and Marble PBs JS came out with!

VERY true, admittedly things have been better as time went on with JS in that regard. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users