• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 kardashian

kardashian
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:13 AM

Guess a number of years? Winner gets a chicken dinner

I'm thinking a half decade or 1

Edited by kardashian, 07 July 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#2 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:34 AM

When I stop hearing about the Kardashians in the news.

#3 Rauul

Rauul
  • Always drunk 坂本

• 1965 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:48 AM

When I stop hearing about the Kardashians in the news.

Kardashians are pure evil and inmortals. Neo too. . 

#4 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

2015ish

#5 Karla

Karla
  • 2478 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:21 AM

Since Neopets is very popular, it probably won't die any time soon. I give it about 5 years.

#6 kardashian

kardashian
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

Please lets keep this on topic, we are talking about neopets not the kardashians. stop trying to make everything about the kardashians

WHY DID YOU SAY 5 YEARS? algorithms, math? or just a pure guess

would love to know <3

#7 Massacrador

Massacrador
  • 101 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Around 30 - 40 years more c:

#8 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:34 PM

Neo isn't going anywhere anytime soon I don't think.

The fact that club penguin died recently was a little concerning but I think that Neo has a few things going for it that CP didn't (consistent revenue from NC Mall, bigger userbase, more potential)

#9 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

Hopefully soon- I can't really understand why I cheat for pixels.

#10 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:15 AM

As long as they get enough profit from NC items to cover server/ maintenance/minimum staff costs etc. I think it will be around for a long time. I have noticed a lot of people - including myself- have returned recently after a hiatus, especially since there is talk of a new plot this year. 

#11 Junjie

Junjie
  • Hi there!

• 2267 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:50 PM

To me it's already dead, to be quite honest. So many things are down, with the owners having no idea how to run/update them. To me Neopets as it is right now is pretty much a walking, shambling corpse. Waiting for the force animating its body artificially to finally expire, so it can rest in peace.

#12 Aase

Aase
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

I've just started playing after disapearing for a couple of years.. It feels kind of dead already? Nothing is running and I thought it would of been replaced with something else espeically since the NC market seems to still be thriving but I haven't found it yet xD I hope there's some kind of massive uplift but probably not.. I hope it doesn't either way, it'd be a sad day for my childhood :')

#13 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

I think it will be done within 5 years. It'll be 18 this november :o

#14 CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:12 PM

Is Neopets currently making that much revenue? It didn't seem to have many people around last time I visited, but then again I generally skulk about on the forums.

#15 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:47 AM

I hope it doesn't die in 2020 when Flash gets phased out...  :bye2:

#16 toua00

toua00
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:33 AM

compare to a decade ago, it is somewhat dead. Not alot of active community/guild. Guild requirement is already decresing to 2-3 post per week. The company basically trying to milk all the left over value neopet have. Wait until virtual reality (i.e. oculus?)become more mature and neopet will just die faster.

#17 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:45 AM

compare to a decade ago, it is somewhat dead. Not alot of active community/guild. Guild requirement is already decresing to 2-3 post per week. The company basically trying to milk all the left over value neopet have. Wait until virtual reality (i.e. oculus?)become more mature and neopet will just die faster.

I remember when I was in this one guild, you had to get 100 posts within a week or else you'd be booted.

Now I think that guild is gone.  :bye2:

#18 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:31 AM

I give it a couple years. I do wish the user counter would come back for more specific estimates, but I don't predict the number of current users being very high. It'll be a shame when the site shuts down, it really did have so much promise & I'm sad that JS hasn't been treating it well.

#19 redspiderlily

redspiderlily
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:21 AM

It's sad to think about, but... yeah, 5~10 years maybe I'd say, and that feels generous. 

Of course, it depends if nothing happens to really change its current path. Never know, but I'm not holding my hopes up. Just enjoy things while they last, I guess.

#20 Rainforce

Rainforce
  • 314 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

Neopets is not leaving anytime soon. Websites with smaller userbases are still up and running. I believe JS is trying to prevent a flashpocalypse, so that's good. 

#21 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:13 PM

Neopets fills the void, which no other game can.

#22 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

Kinda already dead to me, but maybe give it uhhh....give or take 5 years.

Honestly outside of forums that actually have dedicated boards for Neopets I hardly ever hear about it, let alone come across anyone else who plays. :(

#23 cibomatto

cibomatto
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

I am irritated at myself, trying to emotionally reinvest into that site...

Neopets really is like a bad (but attractive) boyfriend ; ;

I wish it will be gone for good (and soon). The nostalgia is inciting me to return, but I always get disappointed...

The Neopets I liked is truly no more. Neopets itself doesn't seem to care about being unlikeable.

This is just me pooring out dramatic but true feelings, haha.

#24 seryce

seryce
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:36 PM

I'll echo the "about 5 more years" mark. I looked at the news the other day and there were only 3 new updates lol. They downsized the staff dramatically, no one takes the site seriously on most of the boards I've lurked, same Altador Cup crap rehashed each year to declining interest. They can't even really be making that much from NC/premium to keep the entire place up for the long haul, what with the decline and most users not being overly invested.

#25 NebulaChi

NebulaChi
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 02:56 AM

I think it will be done within 5 years. It'll be 18 this november :o

harold-camping+apocalypse+Rob+Catlin.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users