• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#76 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:35 AM

I think so. It's one of those mass market books. And it's a reprint of an older book. It only smells strongly if I open it and sniff the inside. *insert euphemism here*

What book? Not relevant but .... now I'm curious.

#77 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:36 AM

What book? Not relevant but .... now I'm curious.

It's one of the Witcher books. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. 

I don't know how to quote over a page @Jess. But thank you. The bookcrack. That was the word I was looking for.

#78 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

It's one of the Witcher books. The Last Wish by Andrzej Sapkowski. 
I don't know how to quote over a page @Jess. But thank you. The bookcrack. That was the word I was looking for.

The multiquote button

#79 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

The bookcrack.

I hate new magazine smell, but I recently read if you get mag subscriptions, you can request odor free versions.

The multiquote button

Oh my god. 

#80 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:38 AM

I dunno, I was spanked and turned out just fine! There's a way to do it that won't cause psychological damage. My dad was pretty good at letting me know why I was getting spanked and gave me lots of love after as well as what to do in the future to not get spanked again for the same thing! I will always be a proponent of spanking and yes I have read the research since it is a huge topic in psychology and I am a psychology major. We had a chapter about it in all of my child, infant, and adolescent psychology classes. Nothing is going to change my mind. My dad never abused me. 

#81 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:41 AM

I dunno, I was spanked and turned out just fine! There's a way to do it that won't cause psychological damage. My dad was pretty good at letting me know why I was getting spanked and gave me lots of love after as well as what to do in the future to not get spanked again for the same thing! I will always be a proponent of spanking and yes I have read the research since it is a huge topic in psychology and I am a psychology major. We had a chapter about it in all of my child, infant, and adolescent psychology classes. Nothing is going to change my mind. My dad never abused me. 

You didn't turn out fine if you think hitting kids is okay. If science won't change your mind, then you're not a good scientist. Your major is irrelevant, especially if you're willing to ignore 50 years of meta-analysis in your particular major, proving you are wrong. *shrug* 

#82 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

I find spanking extremely disturbing. Like, why the ass? Why is the ass acceptable? Because if a parent hit a child repeatedly over the head as punishment, it would be abuse? But ass hitting is okay?

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

You didn't turn out fine if you think hitting kids is okay. If science won't change your mind, then you're not a good scientist. Your major is irrelevant, especially if you're willing to ignore 50 years of meta-analysis in your particular major, proving you are wrong. *shrug*

No, silly. It's a great idea to teach kids to solve their problems with violence. That's how we create a better society!

#84 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:43 AM

I find spanking extremely disturbing. Like, why the ass? Why is the ass acceptable? Because if a parent hit a child repeatedly over the head as punishment, it would be abuse? But ass hitting is okay?

Yeah I always found it weird. In literally every other context except diaper-changing and spanking, touching a child's ass is considered predatory. 

#85 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Of course I am not a good scientist, I am not a scientist! lol. But I guess to each their own. Agree to disagree.

#86 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:44 AM

Of course I am not a good scientiest, I am not a scientist! lol. But I guess to each their own. Agree to disagree.

Psychology is science. :| I have a bachelors of SCIENCE in psychology.

#87 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

Neocodex is what convinced me non-sexual spanking was wrong. Thank you @Sweeney and @Nymh
Neocodex is what convinced me non-sexual spanking was wrong. Thank you @Sweeney and @Nymh

#88 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:46 AM

A good sexual spanking is right tho. ;)

#89 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

Psychology is science. :| I have a bachelors of SCIENCE in psychology.

Woah, now, let's not get crazy. Psychology as a science is on shaky ground :p

A classic thread. I remember it... if not well, then at least fondly.

#90 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:48 AM

The more time I spend on Facebook, the more I think science is a shaky ground.

#91 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:49 AM

Spanking is great! Who doesn't want an excuse to slap their kids on the ass? /s

#92 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:50 AM

Spanking is great! Who doesn't want an excuse to slap their kids on the ass? /s

I love the smell of sarcasm

#93 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

But not books?

#94 Jozie

Jozie
  • I'm a Unicorn!

• 1973 posts

Users Awards

I think the best book smell comes from those books that have hard covers that use cloth threads. The older they are the better they smell

If you want to read: lol

Spoiler

#95 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

me too. 

I sent you my feet on Facebook for science.

#96 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

I love the smell of people realizing I'm being sarcastic

I love the smell of people realizing I'm being sarcastic

I think the best book smell comes from those books that have hard covers that use cloth threads. The older they are the better they smell

Spoiler

The bible is not a good source of proper punishment.

By that standard if you had premarital sex we can stone you for it.

#97 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

The more time I spend on Facebook, the more I think science is a shaky ground.

That's just the current climate of anti-intellectualism in the US. Try to ignore it.

#98 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Spoiler

Oh my goodness. Wouldn't you rather teach your child right from wrong on the basis of morals as opposed to fearing physical punishment?

#99 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

Do y'all not spank in schools over there anymore?

Nah but you can bet your ass is getting whooped as soon as you get home

#100 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

Spoiler

Children aren't any worse than they were 25-50 years ago. Children are just more visible. There's so much wrong with this entire justification for spanking. The world isn't going to hell. Things are better in large for a lot of people than they were before.

My dad hit me with a belt until I was black and blue for being autistic and stimming. I didn't turn out okay. But yeah, spanking is totally fine. smh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users