So what next?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:04 AM

So as the playerbase continues to dwindle and restocking profits seem to be dropping by the day due to lack of activity what is everyone else "preparing for" or working on? I finally was able to hit one goal of accumulating the 292 million in the bank to give me 100k interest a day. But I seem to be having to deeply slash stamp prices to get them to move simply because theres not enough people around anymore for any sort of demand. I assume HTS items are now impossible to sell items. We all have some hope that the NetDragon buyout will turn this around some, but in the meantime whats a productive use of time on Neo? I have a ~1.5k HSD battledome pet but now per the editorial that they are looking at the pounding cupcake abuse I see that as very easy to track and therefore too risky to continue to accumulate stats. Plus the Battledome is still under develop. So what is everybody up to at this point?

#2 CaptainDantes

CaptainDantes
  • 1104 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

I'm holding on - accumulating interest and hoping they actually do something with the damned site haha. I try to participate in events when they happen. Waiting on the next war

#3 Cnourinha

Cnourinha
  • 179 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:32 PM

I'm sorry, I had asked a stupid question and I just remembered the answer! Hahahaha

don't bother yourself with my comment :p

Edited by Cnourinha, 17 July 2017 - 12:43 PM.

#4 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:16 PM

So as the playerbase continues to dwindle and restocking profits seem to be dropping by the day due to lack of activity what is everyone else "preparing for" or working on? I finally was able to hit one goal of accumulating the 292 million in the bank to give me 100k interest a day. But I seem to be having to deeply slash stamp prices to get them to move simply because theres not enough people around anymore for any sort of demand. I assume HTS items are now impossible to sell items. We all have some hope that the NetDragon buyout will turn this around some, but in the meantime whats a productive use of time on Neo? I have a ~1.5k HSD battledome pet but now per the editorial that they are looking at the pounding cupcake abuse I see that as very easy to track and therefore too risky to continue to accumulate stats. Plus the Battledome is still under develop. So what is everybody up to at this point?

I'm working on savings neopoints. I'm almost at 80k interest a day. I'd love to be at 100k. I haven't tried to RS lately. How did you get to your 100k?

Goals for me are working on avatars. I'd love to finally get them. 

Neopets is kind of dead in my book, but this site keeps me interested in it.

#5 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:53 PM

I'm working on savings neopoints. I'm almost at 80k interest a day. I'd love to be at 100k. I haven't tried to RS lately. How did you get to your 100k?

Goals for me are working on avatars. I'd love to finally get them. 

Neopets is kind of dead in my book, but this site keeps me interested in it.

I got it from restocking stamps. But its getting to the point I was discounting everything near 50% of trading post average to get it to sell. So I have slowed down a lot trying to restock. Its become time consuming even with cheating.

#6 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

I'm working on daily avatars, also trying to fill one of the more costly stamp albums.

I'm at 29# avatars without most of the game ones so I'm doing pretty well I think for my year-old account :p

Edited by wikkles, 17 July 2017 - 11:08 PM.

#7 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:27 AM

Nothing has changed for me except how long I spend on neo.  If a new plot comes out it will help neo so we will have to just see what happens.

#8 kardashian

kardashian
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:48 AM

hmmm i get my dream pets and customization, training my pets with cupcakes and codestone, and collecting stocks.

and finally joined a guild with some decent people

#9 Trapezeo

Trapezeo
  • 746 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

I'd also like to get my dream pets. I'd LOVE a Robot Krawk one day. 

#10 wikkles

wikkles
  • 556 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

I'd also like to get my dream pets. I'd LOVE a Robot Krawk one day. 

I'm in the same boat :) I'm working on an ice wocky but it's pretty much only available via the lab ray. I have the feeling that I'll be zapping for quite a while.

#11 hellokeesh

hellokeesh
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:36 AM

Gallery! Hopefully I get to finish and sort things out before next month

#12 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:06 AM

I wanna get some more avatars, but the only ones I have left are stamp album stuff... and I have practically no neopoints, so I guess I'd better do something about that

#13 areesahar

areesahar
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

I really hope the new plot incorporates the BD a lot

#14 Sorbetgirl

Sorbetgirl
  • 10 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

Play til the end I say. At least they are trying to keep it going and have made some good little improvements of late!

#15 Arnie

Arnie
  • 132 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2017 - 07:27 PM

Waiting for the possible new plot.

#16 elkid27

elkid27
  • 152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:54 AM

Waiting for the possible new plot.

Has there been any actual hard evidence that there is another plot coming in the near future? I feel like we have all been waiting for "that upcoming plot" since 2009. 

#17 jaredyne

jaredyne
  • 1115 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

Has there been any actual hard evidence that there is another plot coming in the near future? I feel like we have all been waiting for "that upcoming plot" since 2009. 

It depends if you take TNT saying "yes we're doing a new plot this year" multiple times on the boards and in the neopian times as evidence or not. I'll wait and see, cautiously optimistic but not entirely trusting.

#18 flabebe

flabebe
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:36 PM

I saw this a few days back. Looks like it'll come out November? 

Spoiler

#19 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

The new company that acquired it is based in Hong Kong. And it's a company that does actually very well. They will want to make as much profit out of it as possible. I think / guess they will PR the crap out of Neo in Asia, I foresee a lot more users signing up actually. And they will hopefully make it more mobile/android friendly, and probably add more games. 

I'm also waiting for the plot in the meantime and training my battle pet. 

#20 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

I just come on to collect interest and do Food Club.

I also do the Beauty Contest sometimes, but not often.

I guess I come on to customize my pets too, lol.

#21 flabebe

flabebe
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

I just come on to collect interest and do Food Club.

I also do the Beauty Contest sometimes, but not often.

I guess I come on to customize my pets too, lol.

I've been having trouble with daqtools lately, so I'm just following bets. Do you do your own? 

I missed so many of the popular NC wearable releases...I'd blow through a metric ton of GBCs (and then some) just to trade up for my customization goals ^^' 

#22 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:14 PM

I am waiting for new neopets art like UCs.

#23 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

I don't play the site that often anymore. I mostly do zapping and check in on my guilds to see what's going on. I'm excited for the coming plot though, I'll definitely try to be on neo for when it starts :0

#24 Bookworm1999

Bookworm1999
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

I just try to have enough Neopoints to buy books...

And try to see if anyone has pieces of the Lab Map

#25 vbishop86

vbishop86
  • 19 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

After I switched to another pet site about a decade ago, I lost all interest in accomplishing anything on Neo. I was iced, bitter and refused to invest any more time in Neo.

At this point now that I'm on again, my plan is to AB and see how far I can progress this account (avatars, NP, etc) until I get iced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users