Quantcast

Spanking? Yes, no, or grey area?

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#76 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:54 PM

You can try to but what if they won't listen and repeat those wrong things?

I believe it shouldn't get to the point where you have to raise your hand. That's poor parenting if you have to slap them to discipline them.  But what will you do then?

#77 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

You can try to but what if they won't listen and repeat those wrong things?

I believe it shouldn't get to the point where you have to raise your hand. That's poor parenting if you have to slap them to discipline them.  But what will you do then?

Your solution to poor parenting is... abuse?

#78 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:57 PM

No I am saying that poor parenting leads to undisciplined children. Now you tell me how you will raise them right if they refuse to listen by gentle peaceful means lol

#79 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:59 PM

No I am saying that poor parenting leads to undisciplined children. Now you tell me how you will raise them right if they refuse to listen by gentle peaceful means lol

There is no child that cannot be taught without resorting to violence. Exactly how best to do that depends on the child, but punching them into compliance is never the best option.

#80 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:00 PM

Anyways I guess your right, if the child doesn't grow up right it's their own fault. You can't blame the parents then huh?

#81 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

I don't hit adults to get them to listen to me, and I don't hit children to get them to listen to me. You do not have to hit people to get them to listen to you. If the child repeats a bad choice after dealing with the consequence, then they'll have to deal with the consequence again. Consequences can escalate to curb behavior that needs to be stopped.

#82 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

I think there is a big difference between punching and slapping on the cheeks to teach some sense lol. If they run their mouths being all disrespectful and cussing etc what will you do then?

#83 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

Anyways I guess your right, if the child doesn't grow up right it's their own fault. You can't blame the parents then huh?

I'm not sure whose posts you're reading, but they don't appear to be mine. I'm not saying that parents shouldn't discipline their children or be held accountable for the actions of undisciplined children.

I'm saying that hitting a child is never the best way to discipline a child.

I think there is a big difference between punching and slapping on the cheeks to teach some sense lol. If they run their mouths being all disrespectful and cussing etc what will you do then?

How exactly does slapping a kid on the ass teach them "respect"?

#84 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

Nymh exactly my thoughts, I agree with you on that man!

#85 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

@Sweeney and I have two children, just so you know :)

#86 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

I meant face cheeks lol but yeah I'm just speaking my thoughts. I do agree violence should be avoided at all costs. 

#87 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Nymh exactly my thoughts, I agree with you on that man!

What? I am disagreeing with you, how do you agree with me?

#88 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

I meant face cheeks lol but yeah I'm just speaking my thoughts. I do agree violence should be avoided at all costs. 

Wait, you think slapping someone in the face is less violent than spanking on the butt? Not that it really matters, considering my stance is that it's all unnecessary, but still...

You think violence should be avoided at all costs... unless a child is being disrespectful and cussing? In which case, slap 'em in the face?

#89 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

I don't hit adults to get them to listen to me, and I don't hit children to get them to listen to me. You do not have to hit people to get them to listen to you. If the child repeats a bad choice after dealing with the consequence, then they'll have to deal with the consequence again. Consequences can escalate to curb behavior that needs to be stopped.

I agree with this :p

All right lets forget what I said about slapping in the face then. I have seen several correlations between children who start young talking like a thug and grow up to be a thug.

#90 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:14 PM

I agree with this :p

All right lets forget what I said about slapping in the face then. I have seen several correlations between children who start young talking like a thug and grow up to be a thug.

Ok, I'll forget about the slapping thing. (I won't, but we can stop talking about it if it makes you uncomfortable).

Those correlations will probably be the result of growing up in an environment where that behaviour is encouraged and rewarded. My experience is that kids who grow up to be thugs tend to go through a lot more violence at the hands of their elders than those that do not grow up to be thugs.

#91 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

I think the solution is providing alternate means of disciplining children since violence is wrong and not the right option.

#92 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

No spanking, maybe slaps and that's about it.

I think the solution is providing alternate means of disciplining children since violence is wrong and not the right option.

fry_squinting.gif

#93 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:24 PM

fry_squinting.gif

They already said to forget that jeez

#94 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

What are the alternate ways of disciplining properly though? By the way I'm still in my 20s, no children here. And if it comes down to it, I wouldn't ever hurt my child. These are just casual thoughts by the way..I haven't pondered upon this subject seriously with heavy thought.

#95 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:50 PM

By the way I'm still in my 20s, no children here. And if it comes down to it, I wouldn't ever hurt my child. These are just casual thoughts by the way..I haven't pondered upon this subject seriously with heavy thought.

You're having casual thoughts about slapping kids in the face?

#96 TheTrader

TheTrader
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:37 PM

No I have casual thoughts about everything. I'm just answering the topic question. 

You're having casual thoughts about slapping kids in the face?

I meant that my posts are casual thoughts in general.

Edited by TheTrader, 25 August 2017 - 11:36 PM.

#97 earthanimal

earthanimal
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:47 PM

I do not have any human children, nor do i plan on having any. But! I feel like violence really shows a lack of creativity in discipline. I have never had the chance or authority to get creative with discipline, but I have been in many situations in which I had plenty of creatively disciplinary THOUGHTS.

You know, like duct taping a child to a wall. Or taking away all their snacks and replacing them with kale.   :hypocrite:

#98 bwoke

bwoke
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:20 PM

For the people who were spanked and said it didn't work, why? I feel like if your smart with the concept and use of it, it's very beneficial. You literally associate bad things with a spank in the butt as a child. It helped me I guess...

You know, like duct taping a child to a wall. 

That's literally even worse wtf lol

#99 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

I do not have any human children, nor do i plan on having any. But! I feel like violence really shows a lack of creativity in discipline. I have never had the chance or authority to get creative with discipline, but I have been in many situations in which I had plenty of creatively disciplinary THOUGHTS.

You know, like duct taping a child to a wall. Or taking away all their snacks and replacing them with kale.   :hypocrite:

UHHHH

Kale - setting your child up for a healthy life

Duct taping to wall  - setting your child up for PTSD for life

#100 earthanimal

earthanimal
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, I don't like kids. Like I said, I don't plan on ever having any (or even babysitting any) so fear ye not, I will not be taping children to walls.

But when I hear them screaming/throwing a fit, it is a visual that pleases me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users