• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#51 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:25 PM

@cara Baldman has a Smok V8 tank. He said to look up a Smok kit. He uses a different battery mod because the tank came by itself. But he said you can get full kits. I can take a picture of his for you if you want.

#52 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

@cara Baldman has a Smok V8 tank. He said to look up a Smok kit. He uses a different battery mod because the tank came by itself. But he said you can get full kits. I can take a picture of his for you if you want.

Smok kit? This sounds easy and appealing. I assume he got it online? A picture would be cool, if only just cause I'm curious.  ^_^

#53 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 01:36 PM

Balls, I didn't realize there were 3 pages. I skimmed the first page, didn't do much with pages 2-3. So, sorry if this has already been said:

Cinnamon flavors can help with urges (red hots, big red, whatever that spicy cinnamon toothpaste is)

Find something to replace the hand-mouth fixation. There is a solid addiction component of just being used to doing that, which is one reason lots of people gain weight when quitting, because they replace the cigs with food.

The patch helps a lot while quitting.

If the above doesn't work, (along with the other advice you are getting), talk to your doc, they can prescribe some meds to cut urges and decrease the smoking "rewards" they can also refer you to alternative sources, like therapy, support groups, hypnosis, accupuncture, etc etc etc

I know lots of people says it helps them quit, but we typically dont encourage people to turn to e-cigs/vaping as a form of quitting. Its best just to skip that step, so you only have 1 battle of quitting rather than multiple. But, again, you do you.

Congrats on the decision to quit! I hear it is harder than a 15 y/o boy who snuck into a tittie bar, so good luck. And dont give up if you screw it up the first few times. Some people can quit the first time, most relapse; but just view it as a step in the process rather than a failure, which it isn't

#54 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

Smok kit? This sounds easy and appealing. I assume he got it online? A picture would be cool, if only just cause I'm curious.  ^_^

https://www.elementv...yle-cloud-beast This is a kit (includes tank and battery portion). But my husband's is a bit different since he has a different battery mod. I sent you a pic on FB because I'm too lazy to upload something to imgur.

#55 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

My favorite is...not surprisingly...purple:  :D

BoNb0dq.jpg

#56 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:19 AM

https://www.elementv...yle-cloud-beast This is a kit (includes tank and battery portion). But my husband's is a bit different since he has a different battery mod. I sent you a pic on FB because I'm too lazy to upload something to imgur.

Ayeeeeee!!! You're awesome, thank you. I will check on my break. I've been looking at the different types of liquids, too. 

#57 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

Ayeeeeee!!! You're awesome, thank you. I will check on my break. I've been looking at the different types of liquids, too.

Cheapest way to do that is to mix your own. Only advisable if you're pretty confident in handling toxic materials, though - getting any concentrated nicotine on your skin will suck. Something to consider, though, once you've decided to stick with vaping for a while :)

#58 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:02 AM

I read this passage in that quitting book and it made a lot of sense:

'Many smokers believe they enjoy the taste and smell of the tobacco. It is an illusion. What we are actually doing when we learn to smoke is teaching our bodies to become immune to the bad smell and taste in order to get our fix, like heroin addicts who think that they enjoy injecting themselves. The withdrawal pangs from heroin are relatively severe, and all they are really enjoying is the ritual of relieving those pangs. The smoker teaches himself to shut his mind to the bad taste and smell to get his 'fix'. Ask a smoker who believes he smokes only because he enjoys the taste and smell of tobacco, 'If you cannot get your normal brand of cigarette and can only obtain a brand you find distasteful, do you stop smoking?' No way. A smo ker will smoke old rope rather than abstain, and it doesn't matter if you switch to roll- ups, mentholated cigarettes, cigars or a pipe; to begin with they taste awful but if you persevere you will learn to like them. Smokers will even try to keep smoking during colds, flu, sore throats, bronchitis and emphysema.'

Cheapest way to do that is to mix your own. Only advisable if you're pretty confident in handling toxic materials, though - getting any concentrated nicotine on your skin will suck. Something to consider, though, once you've decided to stick with vaping for a while :)

What happens if you get concentrated nicotine on your skin?

#59 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:42 AM

It can make you very sick if any significant amount gets absorbed into your bloodstream. You'd be very unlikely to have issues with commercial juice, but the grade of chemical used to make vape juice is a different matter.

#60 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

Have you ever seen the movie Thank You for Smoking?

#61 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

It can make you very sick if any significant amount gets absorbed into your bloodstream. You'd be very unlikely to have issues with commercial juice, but the grade of chemical used to make vape juice is a different matter.

Well I suppose if you wear gloves while mixing up your concoction then you'll be fine though, right?

Have you ever seen the movie Thank You for Smoking?

No. Should I?

#62 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:52 PM

Well I suppose if you wear gloves while mixing up your concoction then you'll be fine though, right?

No. Should I?

Probably not while you're trying to quit.

#63 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:56 PM

I didn't wear gloves, was just careful and used syringes.  Sucking propylene glycol through a syringe is a bitch but mixing my own juice was quite a bit cheaper than buying it pre-made.  However I really enjoyed the greater variety of flavors I could get from the store, and for how long a bottle lasts they're really not that expensive.

#64 Grimley

Grimley
  • The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

• 3840 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:14 PM

I didn't wear gloves, was just careful and used syringes.  Sucking propylene glycol through a syringe is a bitch but mixing my own juice was quite a bit cheaper than buying it pre-made.  However I really enjoyed the greater variety of flavors I could get from the store, and for how long a bottle lasts they're really not that expensive.

I mostly buy my juices here and am very happy with them: https://www.vaporfi.com/

#65 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

Wouldn't you be able to create your own flavors, though? That sounds pretty fun. 

#66 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2...wins/index.html

"Researchers in Ohio studied the physical differences between the faces of nonsmokers and their twins who smoked and found confirmation of a long-held belief: Smoking does indeed age you."

Think about how much hotter you can be right now if you never smoked.

#67 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

Whatever you do, don't start watching Mad Men while trying to quit.

Also read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking", title sounds cheesy but it really does help a lot of people.

I think I quit cold turkey and then didn't smoke for about one and a half years when I started reading it. Picked the habit back up though while I was inbetween jobs lol.

#68 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:37 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2...wins/index.html

"Researchers in Ohio studied the physical differences between the faces of nonsmokers and their twins who smoked and found confirmation of a long-held belief: Smoking does indeed age you."

Think about how much hotter you can be right now if you never smoked.

I smoked for YEARS. I still look like I'm 12. 

#69 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

Whatever you do, don't start watching Mad Men while trying to quit.

Also read Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking", title sounds cheesy but it really does help a lot of people.

I think I quit cold turkey and then didn't smoke for about one and a half years when I started reading it. Picked the habit back up though while I was inbetween jobs lol.

I actually just finished reading that book. It was recommended to me by like five different ex-smokers. It's been two days since I've finished it and unfortunately I haven't kicked the habit yet but that book did successfully ruin cigarettes for me. I was at over a pack a day until I read it, now I'm at about four. And I think once I'm done my pack I won't be buying another one. Great read, makes you realize the power of words.

#70 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:39 AM

I actually just finished reading that book. It was recommended to me by like five different ex-smokers. It's been two days since I've finished it and unfortunately I haven't kicked the habit yet but that book did successfully ruin cigarettes for me. I was at over a pack a day until I read it, now I'm at about four. And I think once I'm done my pack I won't be buying another one. Great read, makes you realize the power of words.

Yeah the problem with me is that I don't really care about poisoning myself slowly and dying due to it. I guess it's kind of a slow, passive-ish way of suicide which I guess, I like more than the more quick acting type of suicide because then I can blame it on chemicals. :unsure:

#71 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

Yeah the problem with me is that I don't really care about poisoning myself slowly and dying due to it. I guess it's kind of a slow, passive-ish way of suicide which I guess, I like more than the more quick acting type of suicide because then I can blame it on chemicals. :unsure:

23334398.jpg

#72 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

23334398.jpg

giphy.gif

#73 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

#74 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

tenor.gif

I mean what's wrong with wanting to die but not wanting it enough to actually do it so that people be like "Damn, bruh killed himself."

#75 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

I mean what's wrong with wanting to die but not wanting it enough to actually do it so that people be like "Damn, bruh killed himself."

You right. When we both die of lung cancer people will be more like "Damn, bruh was stupid enough to kill himself"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users