• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#76 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

You right. When we both die of lung cancer people will be more like "Damn, bruh was stupid enough to kill himself"

I think most people would be like "Damn shame, lad really knew how to drop molly." instead tho.

#77 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:40 AM

I think most people would be like "Damn shame, lad really knew how to drop molly." instead tho.

You should put that on your tomb stone

#78 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

I smoked for YEARS. I still look like I'm 12.

You'd probably look eight if you'd abstained.

#79 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

I'm always on and off smoking, I think the longest I quit for was ~2 years. The thing about the taste getting less bad is bullshit, that's one of the reasons I had quit because I got fed up of the taste. Also I started running/exercising so coughing my lungs up every time afterwards also pushed me to quit.

But then stress happened, and I discovered the sweet taste of menthol mmm. So here I am smoking again :p I have a 50g bag of tobacco i'm finishing because i'm a bitch then i'll drop it again.

tldr; stop being a bitch and quit

#80 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 11:56 AM

Stop smoking cigs and start smoking weed

#81 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

You'd probably look eight if you'd abstained.

Honestly, that's realistic. I got yelled at by an old lady because she thought I was 9 a few years ago. 

#82 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:20 PM

@cara, how's this going for you? 

#83 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:23 PM

@cara, how's this going for you?

I'm on day 40-something of quitting. :D

I have, however, had maybe four or five cigarettes within that time when out with smoker friends. But I've never had an issue going home and not thinking about smoking. I think my biggest challenge will be vacationing and not smoking in December. :(

#84 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

I'm on day 40-something of quitting. :D

I have, however, had maybe four or five cigarettes within that time when out with smoker friends. But I've never had an issue going home and not thinking about smoking. I think my biggest challenge will be vacationing and not smoking in December. :(

Hey congratulations! Just gotta take it one day at a time, 40 days will turn into 50 which will turn into 100 and before you know it you've gone a year or several. 

Someone I was talking to yesterday was saying how if they ever quit smoking they would have to remove themselves from any situation where they'd associate purely with smoking (such as on their balcony which has a wicked view)

G7UWo.gif

#85 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:46 AM

Hey congratulations! Just gotta take it one day at a time, 40 days will turn into 50 which will turn into 100 and before you know it you've gone a year or several. 

Someone I was talking to yesterday was saying how if they ever quit smoking they would have to remove themselves from any situation where they'd associate purely with smoking (such as on their balcony which has a wicked view)

G7UWo.gif

Honestly, I can see where that person is coming from and I'm slowly starting to agree. Like, I think if I ever dated a smoker I would end up smoking. It's difficult to constantly have to resist temptation. :(

But thank you my love!!!!!!!  Hard to imagine not smoking for a year though but really hoping to get to that point. :p

#86 deiter

deiter
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

What helped me was thinking about how much it was aging me//making me uglier than i would be if i didn't smoke. Kinda shallow but it worked for me. I've not smoked for 1.5 years :)

#87 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

I was reminded of this thread while reflecting on my own goal to stop drinking the booze

#88 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:32 PM

I was reminded of this thread while reflecting on my own goal to stop drinking the booze

You should be nearing day 300 now eh? 

#89 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:14 PM

Longer.

I only wish cara were alive to see this

#90 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 November 2017 - 10:44 AM

Jesus. No. I did successfully quit (yay) but only a few months ago. I believe I'm at three months now? Maybe four. I've lost count because life is no longer worth living.

Longer.

I only wish cara were alive to see this

Me too. How's the boozing going?

#91 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:08 PM

Me too. How's the boozing going?

1 year sober as of 6 minutes ago :DDD

#92 katyjames

katyjames
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 March 2018 - 10:16 PM

smoking is harmful for health, you can try to turn vaping. vaping is 95% safer than traditional cigarettes and tobacco product.

#93 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2018 - 05:18 AM

smoking is harmful for health, you can try to turn vaping. vaping is 95% safer than traditional cigarettes and tobacco product.

Can't tell if actual person or just advert.

#94 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:06 AM

https://www.eurekale...b-sla022118.php

There is not enough research to claim that vaping/ecigs are safer

#95 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:41 PM

@cara

update!

#96 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:27 AM

@cara

update!

Quit for five months, got new high stress corporate job where everyone smokes, started again. About two months ago.

But I'm getting back on the quitting wagon. I'm down to only a couple a day, and none on weekends. Just gotta stop with the social smokes during work time.

#97 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

Quit for five months, got new high stress corporate job where everyone smokes, started again. About two months ago.

But I'm getting back on the quitting wagon. I'm down to only a couple a day, and none on weekends. Just gotta stop with the social smokes during work time.

That’s really awesome! Good for you! Maybe start by smoking a half (instead of a whole one) at a time to slowly phase it out from here?

#98 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:56 AM

That’s really awesome! Good for you! Maybe start by smoking a half (instead of a whole one) at a time to slowly phase it out from here?

I actually do that every so often! I probably should more often though. I’m fine with not buying cigarettes myself but I have literally 0 willpower when other people offer me them lol. :(

#99 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2018 - 04:53 PM

5 months is good, keep it up :)

#100 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:05 AM

I'm almost at 5 months ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users