Dappervolk Kickstarter Tiers!

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:18 PM

A few days ago Dappervolk finally announced all of their Kickstarter tiers + when the Kickstarter will be going up! It's launching on August 30th, 12:01am EST, and you can see all the reward tiers and prices here! All the prices are in CAD.

What are you guys' thoughts on it? Anyone else thinking of backing? I think I'm at least going to grab the Seedling tier for the beta access; early sparrow tier is tempting but I'm not sure if I'll be awake in time to grab it. :( 

#2 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

I'm up for joining a new pet site. I am willing to potentially shell out for up to the Custom Pet Maker Tier depending on the information of the game. I'm a bit hesitant on the pure fact that I know almost nothing about the game, even after looking around their tumblr and whatever information is public.

Can anyone provide any specifics on this game?

Like Flight Rising, I thought Dappervolk was the savior of my pet site hunger.

I hoped it would be the pinnacle on reliving my neopets nostalgia in the modern age.

And like most things in life, it disappointed me.

For reference, I did this NeoCodex Adventure about 1-2 months into DV's beta testing.

Go Here.

#3 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:43 PM

I want to get the seedling tier because I've been interested to play for a while now, but I don't have money.

Unless someone is willing to buy it for me, of course!

#4 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'm up for joining a new pet site. I am willing to potentially shell out for up to the Custom Pet Maker Tier depending on the information of the game. I'm a bit hesitant on the pure fact that I know almost nothing about the game, even after looking around their tumblr and whatever information is public.

Can anyone provide any specifics on this game?

From what I understand, it's a pet site that's more rpg-based; when a member starts out there's different races/classes to choose from, all which have different stats, and what equipment you have on your avatar + what pets you have will affect your stats as well. You can level up (via gaining experience from quests, I presume) and increase your stats that way too. There's 4 different starting towns for a member to choose from, with NPCs in all of them.

Questing is one of the main features of this site, and you do them to gain experience/items/currency/pets. Quests are obtained from NPCs, though some depend on what your relationship with that NPC is. (You can become friendlier - or get on bad terms - with NPCs though interaction!) Stats will effect how easy or difficult certain quests are to the player. 

Aside from that, there's also alchemy - where you can transmute items but also pets. I heard from a few alpha tester friends/those who kept up with their development stream that there's a special pet that you can obtain via transmuting all 3 of the Kickstarter exclusive pets together.

There's also a chance machine/gacha feature - both a premium version and a non premium version - where you can get equipment/apparel for your avatar, pets, rare items, monthly collectibles, and also 'custom makers' which allow you to work with a site artist to create your own apparel/item, but that's incredibly rare.

Of course there's also forums + messaging for user interactions, as most petsites do!

I've been mostly keeping up with Dappervolk for it's art style, but I have a few friends who managed to get into Alpha testing and they said it looks really promising, so I'm super hopeful! 

#5 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

That's really interesting. I think I'll give it a try just on the basis of being an RPG-type petsite instead of an economy one like Neopets or FR. The art style is not my cup of tea, but at the same time, it doesn't repulse me. I'll at least give this game a try when the time comes.

#6 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:06 PM

Damn it, the last thing I need is to have another game to sink time and money into

#7 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 August 2017 - 10:26 PM

Found this.

Edit: This too about the Kickstarter itself.

#8 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:20 PM

Omg! This game looks so cool. If I have extra money lying around I'll throw some at this 

#9 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

Damn it, the last thing I need is to have another game to sink time and money into

Same :(

I like the pet/items/background art but the human avatars look weird.

#10 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:51 AM

The art looks really cute, but I probably won't play unless I can cheat on it tbh. Lol.

#11 Cannabis

Cannabis
  • yungamerican

• 970 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Hmmmmmm this looks interesting, probably won't do the kickstarter but when it opens I might join!

#12 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:04 PM

The art looks really cute, but I probably won't play unless I can cheat on it tbh. Lol.

I was already thinking of cheating opportunities while I was watching. :lol: Looks like a lot of opportunities for cheating here. Really like the feel of this game so far (color, theme, etc). Hope they go far.

Edited by Artleyz, 07 August 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#13 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

I actually kinda wanted to get the Create-a-Pet tier thing...

I hope I'm not broke when the Kickstarter comes out!

#14 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

Looks super cute! I'm always hesitant about dropping money on games when I don't know much about them, but this is adorable.

#15 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:14 AM

Heads up that there's only about a week left before the Kickstarter goes live for this, so if you need to set an alarm or save up a little cash to get a tier, now's a good time. ;)

I actually kinda wanted to get the Create-a-Pet tier thing...
I hope I'm not broke when the Kickstarter comes out!

Same! I originally didn't care much for it since the price is pretty high, but the more I think about the game the more tempting it is. :p

#16 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:41 PM

I'm still waffling on the Kickstarter D: Does anyone know if the creators seem reliable? I'd hate to fund it and see it not pan out.

#17 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:38 PM

I'm still waffling on the Kickstarter D: Does anyone know if the creators seem reliable? I'd hate to fund it and see it not pan out.

Don't know who the other staff are, but the main creator (quisling) is a pretty well-known and well-respected artist in several art and petsite communities - I've yet to see a bad review on them in terms of commissions/merch/etc. I do think this is their first time making a full-blown petsite though, so I can't give guarantees on that end.

#18 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:33 PM

Don't know who the other staff are, but the main creator (quisling) is a pretty well-known and well-respected artist in several art and petsite communities - I've yet to see a bad review on them in terms of commissions/merch/etc. I do think this is their first time making a full-blown petsite though, so I can't give guarantees on that end.

Thanks for the info! The pet creator tier looks really awesome but the Early Raven tier is more of a safe bet hngg

#19 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:45 PM

the value of imperial scrolls make me want to invest in some type of Kickstarter but like I don't really wanna drop 100+$ so I'm conflicted

#20 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

the value of imperial scrolls make me want to invest in some type of Kickstarter but like I don't really wanna drop 100+$ so I'm conflicted

That's the problem I'm having here too. 

#21 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

I decided to spring for the KS, I'm hoping this site takes off so my investment will be worth it :'D

#22 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

Same. D:

Crossing my fingers this site will really take off and my investment will be worth it.

#23 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:18 PM

Heads up! Dappervolk Kickstarter is less than 50 minutes away from going live!

#24 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:32 PM

I've been sick as heck recently but I managed to snag a limited tier in the KS! I sadly didn't get custom pet creator, though. What about you guys?

#25 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

I've been sick as heck recently but I managed to snag a limited tier in the KS! I sadly didn't get custom pet creator, though. What about you guys?

I missed out on the custom pet tier too! :( I did manage to snag early raven though which, honestly, is good enough for me. :D

I'm stunned though. This entire Kickstarter was fully funded within 5 minutes of launch, and managed to reach two stretch goals before 30 minutes. Goes to show how many people are hyped for this game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users