• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:24 AM

I figured a lot of us have seen this and I kind of wanted to have a place to talk about it. I'm honestly so upset about this but not at all surprised. There was a violent "rally", using that term loosely, in Charlottesville, Virginia the other day. One woman was slaughtered by Alex Fields, when he attempted to murder/maim a crowd of counter protesters, by intentionally driving into the crowd, backing up and driving into said crowd again. At least 19 others were injured. 

http://www.cnn.com/2...rash/index.html

This is the original reddit post for the alt right and kkk to plan the event: https://www.reddit.c...lle_next_week/�

#2 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

I was saddened to see this on the news yesterday and really think its about time USA did something to stop this sort of hate.  All the images and vids where horrible but one thing (apart from the car incident) that stood out for me was a gentleman in his 50s standing there shouting whilst having an M16 strapped to his chest.  I could understand if he was part of the police but he was a protester, stupid just stupid.

I hope that these type of rally's are stopped in the future.

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

Talk about White Privilege. The fact that all of these monsters have escaped with their lives, doesn't even surprise me at all. If it was a rally of black people wielding torches (let alone GUNS), I don't even want to know what would happen. I hope Charlottesville can come together to condemn this rally and grow stronger as a community. I hope this opens a dialogue about the state of things in the USA right now. I hope it opens some eyes.

#4 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2017 - 05:31 AM

This whole thing just makes me extremely sad and angry.

#5 Padme

Padme
  • Tofu Tatas

• 1687 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

The fact that it's legal for them to do this is just gross.

Throwing up a 'heil hitler' in Europe will get you fined a lot of times if not more depending on circumstances.

That they actually beat a Black man in a parking garage and beat him with poles.... fuck these people.

They are scum. 

What is truly hilarious though is them trying to negate the fact that they are racists... *_* 

#6 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

I love watching people identify them from the photos.

tenor.gif

#7 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2017 - 12:52 PM

I've been out of the loop because of school so I only read about it today. I only saw two pictures and that was enough to make me feel nauseous - and I can look at some really disgusting shit without batting an eye. This is very, very sad.

#8 Bones

Bones
  • Bar Ram Ewe

• 2171 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

Throwing up a 'heil hitler' in Europe will get you fined a lot of times if not more depending on circumstances.

We have a company in Namibia that I go to visit from time to time and in swakopmund (a town) they celebrate Hitlers birthday and openly going around wearing Nazi clothing.  it is a very difficult Town to go visit seeing all that going on, natural to say even though it is a town in Africa there are very few Black people walking around.

#9 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Just a warning, the part with car driving into people is really sad. 

#10 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:02 AM

I've seen this a couple times since my friends have been talking about it and showing the news to me lately, and every time it never fails to absolutely sicken me.

Like Coops said, I'm not very surprised that this happened, but it's absolutely horrible that it did and I feel awful. 

#11 greenhorn

greenhorn
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:04 PM

Assembling to protest and freedom of speech is a constitutionally protected right. These hallowed American principals are worthless if they are thrown out any time we disagree with the said protesters. 

Murdering and lynching people on the other hand is indeed illegal. 

As far as I know hate speech isn't considered protected speech. "Free Speech" only means the government can't ship you off to Siberia, it doesn't mean that everyone else has to put up with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users