Quantcast

Photo

Hacking ACNL: Does it remove the purpose/fun of playing?

games acnl

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Hi guys!

I'm wondering if the people here think hacking ACNL (Animal Crossing: New Leaf) makes it boring, or if it makes it easier to make your town look perfect?

For me, I like just hacking in bells, and doing everything else myself. It'd be kind of boring if I just opened up a program and made the perfect town...

#2 graciea

graciea
  • 105 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

I hack in bells and villagers, along with any furniture sets that are event/time exclusive that I wanted.

I was initially determined to play ACNL without hacking anything, but after a few months of relatively stale gameplay and constantly resetting trying to get things perfect, I just gave up with that and decided to make my house as pretty as possible + get all of my favorite villagers in.

#3 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

yeah it was more fun before I hacked to be perfectly honest

but doing things like putting your house underwater or making a private island at the bottom of your map is pretty fun. I also love messing with the river patterns

buuut ever since I hacked, I couldn't really enjoy something like beetle hunting on island or fishing since I had 999m bells in my abd. (I could take it out but... it wouldn't be the same)

the unlock all pwps hack is a BLESSING though

#4 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

yeah it was more fun before I hacked to be perfectly honest

but doing things like putting your house underwater or making a private island at the bottom of your map is pretty fun. I also love messing with the river patterns

buuut ever since I hacked, I couldn't really enjoy something like beetle hunting on island or fishing since I had 999m bells in my abd. (I could take it out but... it wouldn't be the same)

the unlock all pwps hack is a BLESSING though

I agree with everything you've said lol :p

I hate having to get PWPs requested by villagers

I hack in bells and villagers, along with any furniture sets that are event/time exclusive that I wanted.

I was initially determined to play ACNL without hacking anything, but after a few months of relatively stale gameplay and constantly resetting trying to get things perfect, I just gave up with that and decided to make my house as pretty as possible + get all of my favorite villagers in.

I wanted to hack from the beginning, but never could. rip

Now I'm bored ;-;

#5 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

I don't personally hack my village. Mostly because I lack the tools to do so. 

I play legit but I'd have more fun if I could hack my bells to be honest. 

#6 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

I don't personally hack my village. Mostly because I lack the tools to do so. 

I play legit but I'd have more fun if I could hack my bells to be honest. 

I could always just give you some bells :p

There's a way to hack without an SD card reader, but you either need certain games or your firmware needs to be old. rip

#7 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

I used to hack my ACNL game! I used it to fill my town with hybrids and kick out villagers I didn't like, lol. I haven't hacked it in awhile, but I never ended up finishing any of my towns :'D I got really close with one on 500+ hours but eventually gave up after PWP placing became a hassle.

#8 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

There's a way to hack without an SD card reader, but you either need certain games or your firmware needs to be old. rip

My 3DS is kept up to date :(

#9 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:12 AM

My 3DS is kept up to date :(

:crybaby:

I used to hack my ACNL game! I used it to fill my town with hybrids and kick out villagers I didn't like, lol. I haven't hacked it in awhile, but I never ended up finishing any of my towns :'D I got really close with one on 500+ hours but eventually gave up after PWP placing became a hassle.

I never seem to be able to finish my towns either. I always restart!

#10 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 08:16 AM

yeah I always update my 3ds because I like to play online on pokemon moon (and for some reason it doesn't let you play if your firmware isn't updated)

soo I bought freaky forms deluxe as an exploit and they never patch it 

it was only like 20$ but that was a year ago 

#11 Aboyer

Aboyer
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

I also hack bells and stuff, to be honest. I use amiibo cards for villagers because I have such a huge collection (of most of my favorites). However, finishing the museum has been a long term goal of mine and I love going out and collecting new fish, bugs, fossils, and art!

#12 Froggo

Froggo
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

I also hack bells and stuff, to be honest. I use amiibo cards for villagers because I have such a huge collection (of most of my favorites). However, finishing the museum has been a long term goal of mine and I love going out and collecting new fish, bugs, fossils, and art!

I really wanna complete the Museum too!
I feel like just hacking it in would be lame...

I also have a big collection of Amiibo cards, like you do!

yeah I always update my 3ds because I like to play online on pokemon moon (and for some reason it doesn't let you play if your firmware isn't updated)
soo I bought freaky forms deluxe as an exploit and they never patch it 

it was only like 20$ but that was a year ago

I have the regular Freakyforms game, so I unfortunately can't use the exploit. :(
I bought a Powersaves thingy. :lol2:

#13 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

I really wanna complete the Museum too!
I feel like just hacking it in would be lame...

I also have a big collection of Amiibo cards, like you do!

I have the regular Freakyforms game, so I unfortunately can't use the exploit. :(
I bought a Powersaves thingy. :lol2:

yeah.. I used to use powersaves.

If I remember correctly though, all it lets you do is max your ABD and generate items one by one. (I used it like 2 years ago though so I don't know if it's changed)

fun thing though to all save editor people: put the house you spawn in, in the middle of the ocean 

its freaking amazing

#14 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:52 PM

yeah.. I used to use powersaves.
If I remember correctly though, all it lets you do is max your ABD and generate items one by one. (I used it like 2 years ago though so I don't know if it's changed)

fun thing though to all save editor people: put the house you spawn in, in the middle of the ocean 
its freaking amazing

That sounds really cute! Does the character walk under the water or does it trigger a swimming animation?

#15 Guest_iCarly_*

Guest_iCarly_*

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:01 PM

That sounds really cute! Does the character walk under the water or does it trigger a swimming animation?

Ive seen people do that, you just walk on top of the water I think

#16 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

Never hacked the game, wouldn't even know where to start! I think I prefer to play it without though, it's just a fun and relaxing game.

It's not too hard for me to get bells, either.. Got pretty good at catching beetles and buying/selling turnips.

Edited by Kat, 22 August 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#17 Generic

Generic
  • 352 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:10 AM

I never ended up hacking ACNL, but I did hack in bells etc back when I played Animal Crossing on gamecube. I used to play the GC game a lot, but my game kind of became a mess and pointless after I hacked too much stuff in. Though admittedly I enjoyed hacking stuff in for a while, and I had already played the game legit a long time, so both sides of it got kinda stale.

I do have ACNL, and I got bored of it pretty fast. Maybe hacking it would be more fun.

#18 Shiemi

Shiemi
  • 131 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:48 PM

Yeah you walk under the water like you would on the ground when you walk close to your house

but when you go far enough, you start swimming even if you aren't wearing a wetsuit. 

#19 Muirex

Muirex
  • 108 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Ive seen people do that, you just walk on top of the water I think

Yeah you walk under the water like you would on the ground when you walk close to your house
but when you go far enough, you start swimming even if you aren't wearing a wetsuit.

That sounds super cool! I'll have to try it when I get the time :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: games, acnl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users